First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Name the worst anime or drama you've ever seen....
290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / California
Offline
Posted 5/22/13
School days.
1908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/22/13

Doomsdaywolf wrote:


drakedogma wrote:

Sword Art Online, Infinite Stratos, Boku Wa Tomodachi. Basically any show that tries to take itself seriously but fails hard. I don't know why people hate school days, it may have horrible but AT LEAST it was original, and originality is better than theft and cliches, because taking a chance is bravery, playing it safe and appealing to what people have seen thousands of times is cowardly.


Well, School Days had such a bad ending It felt like a wast of time in the end having watched it all.
And how was SAO unoriginal? Just curious because I have yet to find anything like SAO.


You have yet watch anything like SAO? Ok.....How about...."Twilight"? You have never seen an anime where one of the premises was to save the girl from the big bad villain? There's nothing special or clever about the show, the "Plot" is "Escape from virtual reality" That's it, that's not a story, that's an objective, what does that encompass or entail? What relevance does that hold to the grand scheme of things? What's the parallelism? What's the internal conflict?

Originality means many different things. For example, the characters are not original, Kirito is Ryuuji is Yuki Rito is Kodaka is Jirou is Ichika is Amano Yukiteru, etc. etc. These are ALL the same people, they have the same characteristics, personalities, and archetypes. The typical young, nice, cute guy that the girls fall in love with, you cannot tell me that there was effort put into Kirito's character, how is he a hero? How is he special? What about him makes him different? There's nothing great about him. Maybe "Original" wasn't the correct word, I think "Cliche" was the better word. Everything done in the show is being played safe. There is nothing special or memorable about any of these characters. School days actually took chances, it wanted to stand out and be something new in terms of plot and characters, even if it was a complete mess, being original is better than stealing ideas and cliches. What's new and special about SAO? It's cliche, the hero is every person we've already seen in anime, the heroine is an overly dependent whore who can't stand to be 5 seconds without the hero, the villains have terrible motivations. The plot is un original, seriously, The first part of the show was to "survive" and the second part was "Save the damsel in distress" Original? I think not.
1908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/22/13

Doomsdaywolf wrote:

Oreimo. loli+yuri+incest = bad combo. Season 1 wasn't that bad though because it was about cute sibling bonding and didn't have any of that weird stuff in it.

Little Busters was pretty bad too because the characters are so dumb. CATS CAN'T WRITE JAPANESE. YOU ARE IN HIGH SCHOOL, YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS!

and I didn't like Fortune Arterial either. It had a high school senior who acted, looked, and sounded like she was in elementary school. Plus, this girl had a little sister (11th grade) who was far more mature, yet the senior who acted young was always taking care of her. It was awkwardly unrealistic watching an elementary looking girl taking care of her sister and not the other way around.


Why is Oreimo bad? You didn't seem to have much of an explanation for that. oreimo is actually VERY original, an otaku trying to struggle between social norms, hypocrisy, bigotry, biased, and opinions. That's VERY original and I love that show Loli + Yuri + Incest? That's not much of a reason to say it's the worst. Oreimo is probably the best.
1042 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/22/13
School days is by far my least favorite. Most of the anime's I've seen are mediocre, so it didn't really have any tough contenders in my book. I guess the episodes after 14 of SAO, and Rosario x Vampire(at least the manga is pretty decent) are the only other animes I've disliked.
18014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/22/13
El Hazard.
21903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 5/22/13

drakedogma wrote:


Doomsdaywolf wrote:


drakedogma wrote:

Sword Art Online, Infinite Stratos, Boku Wa Tomodachi. Basically any show that tries to take itself seriously but fails hard. I don't know why people hate school days, it may have horrible but AT LEAST it was original, and originality is better than theft and cliches, because taking a chance is bravery, playing it safe and appealing to what people have seen thousands of times is cowardly.


Well, School Days had such a bad ending It felt like a wast of time in the end having watched it all.
And how was SAO unoriginal? Just curious because I have yet to find anything like SAO.


You have yet watch anything like SAO? Ok.....How about...."Twilight"? You have never seen an anime where one of the premises was to save the girl from the big bad villain? There's nothing special or clever about the show, the "Plot" is "Escape from virtual reality" That's it, that's not a story, that's an objective, what does that encompass or entail? What relevance does that hold to the grand scheme of things? What's the parallelism? What's the internal conflict?

Originality means many different things. For example, the characters are not original, Kirito is Ryuuji is Yuki Rito is Kodaka is Jirou is Ichika is Amano Yukiteru, etc. etc. These are ALL the same people, they have the same characteristics, personalities, and archetypes. The typical young, nice, cute guy that the girls fall in love with, you cannot tell me that there was effort put into Kirito's character, how is he a hero? How is he special? What about him makes him different? There's nothing great about him. Maybe "Original" wasn't the correct word, I think "Cliche" was the better word. Everything done in the show is being played safe. There is nothing special or memorable about any of these characters. School days actually took chances, it wanted to stand out and be something new in terms of plot and characters, even if it was a complete mess, being original is better than stealing ideas and cliches. What's new and special about SAO? It's cliche, the hero is every person we've already seen in anime, the heroine is an overly dependent whore who can't stand to be 5 seconds without the hero, the villains have terrible motivations. The plot is un original, seriously, The first part of the show was to "survive" and the second part was "Save the damsel in distress" Original? I think not.

Despite my own defense of School Days as not being a terrible anime, can you really say it has that original a story? Can you say its characters were very original?

If the characters were adults and the man-whore male lead was married to the pushover female lead and the hussy female lead were in the homewrecking mistress role, you'd probably have the basis of half the soap operas in existence.

The only great difference between those and School Days is the setting. The ending was predictable in result if not in execution; it certainly was not original other than, as said, its particular execution being on a different scale than normally seen.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to read the story of School Days in a newspaper article. If I'm willing to overlook the particular details of the ending, I'm sure I have done so.

I can't, at the moment, think of any traits beyond those I attributed to the characters already, that they exhibit; they are truly one-dimensional characters. I don't recall ever seeing any growth of the characters.

I don't hold any of that against School Days, though.
Few stories or characters are truly original, most are built on the bones of their predecessors.
It's how they are fleshed out that makes them different, maybe interesting, maybe not.

I haven't seen .hack, so I can't say how much SAO lifted from them beyond being set in a virtual world.
I enjoyed the way SAO explored the different reactions people had to the situation they found themselves forced into in the first half of the show. I felt they gave a reasonable representation of how life in such a situation might turn out.

I think most people would agree the second half was nowhere near as well done as the first, and they should really have not continued past the first half, there wasn't much need.
17088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / Mexico city
Offline
Posted 5/22/13
I think it was "Samurai Pizza Cats" arghhhh .So bad I can´t forget it.
1908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/22/13 , edited 5/22/13

ahatestory wrote:


drakedogma wrote:


Doomsdaywolf wrote:


drakedogma wrote:

Sword Art Online, Infinite Stratos, Boku Wa Tomodachi. Basically any show that tries to take itself seriously but fails hard. I don't know why people hate school days, it may have horrible but AT LEAST it was original, and originality is better than theft and cliches, because taking a chance is bravery, playing it safe and appealing to what people have seen thousands of times is cowardly.


Well, School Days had such a bad ending It felt like a wast of time in the end having watched it all.
And how was SAO unoriginal? Just curious because I have yet to find anything like SAO.


You have yet watch anything like SAO? Ok.....How about...."Twilight"? You have never seen an anime where one of the premises was to save the girl from the big bad villain? There's nothing special or clever about the show, the "Plot" is "Escape from virtual reality" That's it, that's not a story, that's an objective, what does that encompass or entail? What relevance does that hold to the grand scheme of things? What's the parallelism? What's the internal conflict?

Originality means many different things. For example, the characters are not original, Kirito is Ryuuji is Yuki Rito is Kodaka is Jirou is Ichika is Amano Yukiteru, etc. etc. These are ALL the same people, they have the same characteristics, personalities, and archetypes. The typical young, nice, cute guy that the girls fall in love with, you cannot tell me that there was effort put into Kirito's character, how is he a hero? How is he special? What about him makes him different? There's nothing great about him. Maybe "Original" wasn't the correct word, I think "Cliche" was the better word. Everything done in the show is being played safe. There is nothing special or memorable about any of these characters. School days actually took chances, it wanted to stand out and be something new in terms of plot and characters, even if it was a complete mess, being original is better than stealing ideas and cliches. What's new and special about SAO? It's cliche, the hero is every person we've already seen in anime, the heroine is an overly dependent whore who can't stand to be 5 seconds without the hero, the villains have terrible motivations. The plot is un original, seriously, The first part of the show was to "survive" and the second part was "Save the damsel in distress" Original? I think not.

Despite my own defense of School Days as not being a terrible anime, can you really say it has that original a story? Can you say its characters were very original?

If the characters were adults and the man-whore male lead was married to the pushover female lead and the hussy female lead were in the homewrecking mistress role, you'd probably have the basis of half the soap operas in existence.

The only great difference between those and School Days is the setting. The ending was predictable in result if not in execution; it certainly was not original other than, as said, its particular execution being on a different scale than normally seen.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to read the story of School Days in a newspaper article. If I'm willing to overlook the particular details of the ending, I'm sure I have done so.

I can't, at the moment, think of any traits beyond those I attributed to the characters already, that they exhibit; they are truly one-dimensional characters. I don't recall ever seeing any growth of the characters.

I don't hold any of that against School Days, though.
Few stories or characters are truly original, most are built on the bones of their predecessors.
It's how they are fleshed out that makes them different, maybe interesting, maybe not.

I haven't seen .hack, so I can't say how much SAO lifted from them beyond being set in a virtual world.
I enjoyed the way SAO explored the different reactions people had to the situation they found themselves forced into in the first half of the show. I felt they gave a reasonable representation of how life in such a situation might turn out.

I think most people would agree the second half was nowhere near as well done as the first, and they should really have not continued past the first half, there wasn't much need.


Let me first say that I really despise Sword Art Online, let me also say that I only watched the first 14 episodes before quitting that show. Do you know how many times I've heard that "the second season was worst than the first season"? I ONLY watched the first season, and I already hated it beyond belief, so it scares the hell out of me that people actually say the 2nd season was bad.

I think School days was original in how cruel the main character was compared to conventional male roles. The incredibly sad ending and angry outburst is something we haven't seen much in anime. It was fresh and new. What animes did what School days did? I've never seen an anime where the male sleeze was cheating on people constantly and then got killed. As for growth, I'm also not saying that School days is perfect, However, I AM saying that it did ONE thing right and that was "being something new" and "Taking chances" Everything was done bad, so I'm not defending it's character development, I'm defending it's bravery to make such an infuriating anime. Where as SAO wanted to market it self more as a product rather than actually be a product of a hard working artist.

As for SAO, "SAO explored different reactions" Sorry, you're giving the show way too much of the benefit of the doubt. The show didn't focus on people's reactions or rather it did, but it was more of a by-product of the show rather than the main element.

"I felt they gave a reasonable representation of how life in such a situation might turn out." That sounds more like loose interpretation, This show did not want to focus on character development, story, or anything else. It just wanted to focus on it's obnoxious pretentious Twilight-level tween fantasy romance. Did the show have survival elements to it? Yeah, but that's a by-product, not a focus. It's something that accidentally happened in the story that people mistake as talent but you can tell this author has no sense of depth in his writing. The story, psychology, and mythology is so lazy that it's almost like reading fan fiction. These "reactions" were all done terribly. For example, Asuna. Oh my God, I have never seen someone so bi-polarly pathetic. She is somehow the perfect combination of pretentiousness and patheticness that I hate so much. For example, she's pathetic in that she's pretty much joined at the hip with Kirito, that's all she can talk about and she won't shut up about him. She isn't a human being, she's an idea, she's the fantasy of what loners want in a girlfriend, a woman that worships their every being. Look at good females like Kirino Kousaka, Kuroneko (Ruri Gokou), Nami. They are all interesting at a independent level and well written. She's also pretentious in that the author just slaps a label on her which is heavily inconsistent with her character. Do you think it's consistent that this woman lived 2 years on her own as a guild member (Yeah Right) and then goes all suicidal if Kirito were to ever go away? Absolutely not, that's very inconsistent and it just makes her my number 1 most hated female character. Rei from HOTD looks like her and even SHE had more dignity than that, in that you're either weak or strong, you can't have it both ways. Rei is weak and they don't try to mask her character as anything that isn't genuine, but when it comes to Asuna, there is a heavy inconsistency in her psychological aspects that just brings out the worst of both worlds rather than the best.

The show has an idiotic tendency to turn Kirito and Asuna into gods. They CONSTANTLY try to make Kirito look like someone different, like he's a lone hero or something, which is stupid because there is nothing special about him, but if you repeat something constantly, people are bound to believe it. The show insinuates that Kirito was the only person in SAO who learned how to be "happy" That's why Elizabeth wouldn't shut up about "How different he was" or why Asuna was soooo shocked when he saw him sleeping or why Yui was created, that's bad continuity and it's very loose interpretation.

My point is, the focus was on marketing, not story. Get the hot Kirito to make all the fan girls swoon and get Asuna to get the fan boys swoon. Their romance is terrible, there are several scenes in the anime that very just P-O-I-N-T-L-E-S-S. I still remember this one scene, which I am trying to repress in that Asuna wants to ride on top of Kirito, and dear god it was an absolute waste of time, yet the animators thought it was "important" or something. There was no in depth focus on reactions, it was a by product that people loosely interpret as talent, I could read Twilight and start making all these "loose interpretations" about the book/movie, but that requires the benefit of the doubt, and it's clear to me that the author deserves none, because SAO wasn't a story, it was a product. It was a composite of stolen ideas, lazy characters and plots, and appeals to the lowest common denominators. Oh Yeah, even though I stopped watching the show, I could pretty much tell what exactly Sugou Nobuyuki and Suguta were like just based off pictures. And I haven't even gone into depth about the Akihiko guy because his explanation for why he created SAO was garbage, yet symbolic because Akihiko's reasoning is about as good as Reki's reasoning. Anyways, even though I haven't seen season 2, I assume Suguta was another product of "Lowest common denominator appeal" When I heard that Kirito had a little sister, I asked my self "Ok, this show is seriously just trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator" What was the point of Suguta? Can't Reki Kawahara keep his incest fantasy OUT of SAO? But then again, the story in itself is just a self-indulgent romance fantasy and of course, Sugou Nobuyuki being the insane badguy that exists for the sole reason of being pure evil rather than being a substantial human being
36339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 5/22/13

CR_Otaku wrote:

School days.


Totally agree. Did you see it all? I was lucky and read about it in the wikipedia. Such bad endings and gore is pointless to watch. So I stopped in episode 4 or 5 or something.
7359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / ┬┴┬┴┤ʕ•ᴥ├┬┴┬┴
Offline
Posted 5/22/13 , edited 5/22/13

drakedogma wrote:


Doomsdaywolf wrote:

Oreimo. loli+yuri+incest = bad combo. Season 1 wasn't that bad though because it was about cute sibling bonding and didn't have any of that weird stuff in it.

Little Busters was pretty bad too because the characters are so dumb. CATS CAN'T WRITE JAPANESE. YOU ARE IN HIGH SCHOOL, YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS!

and I didn't like Fortune Arterial either. It had a high school senior who acted, looked, and sounded like she was in elementary school. Plus, this girl had a little sister (11th grade) who was far more mature, yet the senior who acted young was always taking care of her. It was awkwardly unrealistic watching an elementary looking girl taking care of her sister and not the other way around.


Why is Oreimo bad? You didn't seem to have much of an explanation for that. oreimo is actually VERY original, an otaku trying to struggle between social norms, hypocrisy, bigotry, biased, and opinions. That's VERY original and I love that show Loli + Yuri + Incest? That's not much of a reason to say it's the worst. Oreimo is probably the best.


My reasons for disliking Oreimo are because I strongly dislike loli, yuri, and incest genre anime, and the three of them combined are a bad mix for me. I never said anything about hating it because it was unoriginal. In fact, I agree with you when you say Oreimo is very original. As for SAO, I had never watched an anime that was able to appeal to me on an emotional level before until I watched it, so I was curious if you knew any anime that were similar to SAO in that aspect or even did a better job at doing so.
Sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to, I just want to find good anime to watch.
1908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/22/13 , edited 5/22/13

Doomsdaywolf wrote:


drakedogma wrote:


Doomsdaywolf wrote:

Oreimo. loli+yuri+incest = bad combo. Season 1 wasn't that bad though because it was about cute sibling bonding and didn't have any of that weird stuff in it.

Little Busters was pretty bad too because the characters are so dumb. CATS CAN'T WRITE JAPANESE. YOU ARE IN HIGH SCHOOL, YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS!

and I didn't like Fortune Arterial either. It had a high school senior who acted, looked, and sounded like she was in elementary school. Plus, this girl had a little sister (11th grade) who was far more mature, yet the senior who acted young was always taking care of her. It was awkwardly unrealistic watching an elementary looking girl taking care of her sister and not the other way around.


Why is Oreimo bad? You didn't seem to have much of an explanation for that. oreimo is actually VERY original, an otaku trying to struggle between social norms, hypocrisy, bigotry, biased, and opinions. That's VERY original and I love that show Loli + Yuri + Incest? That's not much of a reason to say it's the worst. Oreimo is probably the best.


My reasons for disliking Oreimo are because I strongly dislike loli, yuri, and incest genre anime, and the three of them combined are a bad mix for me. I never said anything about hating it because it was unoriginal. In fact, I agree with you when you say Oreimo is very original. As for SAO, I had never watched an anime that was able to appeal to me on an emotional level before until I watched it, so I was curious if you knew any anime that were similar to SAO in that aspect or even did a better job at doing so.
Sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to, I just want to find good anime to watch.


One thing....Oreimo is not a yuri show, so I don't even know if you watched it. As for SAO, I didn't think there was anything emotional about it. Just because people die and cry and just because Asuna and Kirito touch and kiss eachother doesn't mean theres any emotion in the anime, doesn't mean it's good, it means it's manipulative. Then again, it's your opinion, I know plenty of people who think "Twilight" was emotionally appealing to them so.....
290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / California
Offline
Posted 5/22/13

Striferu wrote:


CR_Otaku wrote:

School days.


Totally agree. Did you see it all? I was lucky and read about it in the wikipedia. Such bad endings and gore is pointless to watch. So I stopped in episode 4 or 5 or something.


Yes sadly I did, and regretted it a lot.
8229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/22/13
Oreimo. That's all I have to say.
7359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / ┬┴┬┴┤ʕ•ᴥ├┬┴┬┴
Offline
Posted 5/22/13 , edited 5/22/13

drakedogma wrote:


Doomsdaywolf wrote:


drakedogma wrote:


Doomsdaywolf wrote:

Oreimo. loli+yuri+incest = bad combo. Season 1 wasn't that bad though because it was about cute sibling bonding and didn't have any of that weird stuff in it.

Little Busters was pretty bad too because the characters are so dumb. CATS CAN'T WRITE JAPANESE. YOU ARE IN HIGH SCHOOL, YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS!

and I didn't like Fortune Arterial either. It had a high school senior who acted, looked, and sounded like she was in elementary school. Plus, this girl had a little sister (11th grade) who was far more mature, yet the senior who acted young was always taking care of her. It was awkwardly unrealistic watching an elementary looking girl taking care of her sister and not the other way around.


Why is Oreimo bad? You didn't seem to have much of an explanation for that. oreimo is actually VERY original, an otaku trying to struggle between social norms, hypocrisy, bigotry, biased, and opinions. That's VERY original and I love that show Loli + Yuri + Incest? That's not much of a reason to say it's the worst. Oreimo is probably the best.


My reasons for disliking Oreimo are because I strongly dislike loli, yuri, and incest genre anime, and the three of them combined are a bad mix for me. I never said anything about hating it because it was unoriginal. In fact, I agree with you when you say Oreimo is very original. As for SAO, I had never watched an anime that was able to appeal to me on an emotional level before until I watched it, so I was curious if you knew any anime that were similar to SAO in that aspect or even did a better job at doing so.
Sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to, I just want to find good anime to watch.


One thing....Oreimo is not a yuri show, so I don't even know if you watched it.


I consider Kirino's love for girls in games to be girl love. And In the first eps of season two the way she acted about her new virtual gf was strangely similar to the way I felt with my bf when we first started dating. Of coarse, my theory she is in-the-closet lez is purely speculation and nothing more.
toxxin 
38137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / In my own little...
Offline
Posted 5/22/13 , edited 5/22/13
I find it interesting how many people say School Days is their least favorite series. I for one love it for its originality. The animators actually put thought into human relationships which is more than i can say for 99.9% of other harem series. It doesn't feature a bevvy of over sexualized women falling for either a spineless wimp or a dunce. Its protaganist actually makes advances towards the heroines instead of skirting the issue until they give you no real conclusion at the end because they dont want to offend the other heroines fans. I love to hate the protaganist because i see what he does all too often in real life. They concluded it, it wasn't pretty by any means but they had the guts to actually end it and that means something to me especially when ive seen hundreds of harem series follow the exact same formula: harem of super sexy women fall for a wimp for no apparent reason he sees them naked "accidentally" on several occasions they have the obligatory bathing suit and hotspring episode before they conclude with him kissing the heroine featured most in the OP, usually a big breasted dumb girl that cant cook and eats a lot. The one thing I'd like to point out most though is how much staying power School Days has in peoples memories, those that have seen it never forget it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.