Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply So few fat girls
Banned
35665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 2/28/13

Mikey-Lauren wrote:

Because the assumption is that you are automatically unhealthy and over indulge right... Please do your research


Of course fat people are unhealthy.
25487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / London
Offline
Posted 2/28/13
Why would you want to see a disgusting fat body as the main character?
11060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/28/13
The characters of K-on were of an average body build if you prefer not watching skinny female characters. Otherwise I can't think of an anime that starred an overweight female. Also Check out Jellyfish princess.


Characters don't have to be skinny to be widely accepted as attractive, they mostly just need to look healthy. Emphasis on Look. I honestly think the skinny super models fall more into the category of fetish than conventionally attractive anyway. At the very least I've found very few people who think Kanbaru or Chiquita aren't drop dead gorgeous.


Kanbaru(Nisemonogatari)


Chiquita(Jormungand)




3230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 2/28/13

CarboKill wrote:


Mikey-Lauren wrote:

Because the assumption is that you are automatically unhealthy and over indulge right... Please do your research


Of course fat people are unhealthy.


So are those very skinny chicks out there too, who we're supposed to believe is the "definition" of beauty.
3230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 2/28/13

kalvinh wrote:

A fat female protagonist...that sounds kinda funny actually.....how fat are we talking? If shes like four hundred pounds then that might be a bit much...but if she is just a little chunky...whats the harm? I find some big girls to be rather charming and some have great personalities.

Btw skinny women can be just as unhealthy as a big one. I know plenty of "big" women who live very healthy lifestyles. Lets try not to be ignorant.


Oh my god I want to give you a pat on the back for having common sense in your post. Yes I'm serious when I said all that, because I just happen to have a relationship with a wonderful lady who is "chunky" and have a charming bubbly personality. She also happens to be very into anime as well.

So yeah, people, especially guys (and even more especially single guys) need to quit being ignorant and shallow. It is a known fact that there are hot women out there who are big women and have their chubbiness in the "right places" and I think you all know what those places are.

12630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 2/28/13

Chronomana wrote:

A fat girl that saves people? That would be just ironic... she should save herself before she has a heart attack.

Not to mention you can't have fast paced chase and action scenes when the main character is constantly out of breath and having to stop for air every 5 seconds.


Haha i hate myself for laughing at that.

Anyways like previously mentioned, i highly doubt it would be a success with a fat girl as a protagonist. Animes with fat boys works out in some cases though. I guess i might just to be saying this because im looking at it from a male perspective.
17337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / with Ashy Larry r...
Offline
Posted 2/28/13

squirrel3d wrote:


kalvinh wrote:

A fat female protagonist...that sounds kinda funny actually.....how fat are we talking? If shes like four hundred pounds then that might be a bit much...but if she is just a little chunky...whats the harm? I find some big girls to be rather charming and some have great personalities.

Btw skinny women can be just as unhealthy as a big one. I know plenty of "big" women who live very healthy lifestyles. Lets try not to be ignorant.


Oh my god I want to give you a pat on the back for having common sense in your post. Yes I'm serious when I said all that, because I just happen to have a relationship with a wonderful lady who is "chunky" and have a charming bubbly personality. She also happens to be very into anime as well.

So yeah, people, especially guys (and even more especially single guys) need to quit being ignorant and shallow. It is a known fact that there are hot women out there who are big women and have their chubbiness in the "right places" and I think you all know what those places are.



My gf is a "chunky" as well with a fuckin awesome bubbly personality. She is cute as hell though and she keeps up with herself. SO if someone PERSONALLY doesnt like big women thats fine but dont try to convince me that big girls arent beautiful too. Show me an amazing "skinny" woman and I can show you 10 big girls that are just as amazing if not MORE amazing. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but just because you dont behold what you think is beauty doesnt mean you should be an ass about it. Just my raggedy opinion.
139158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 2/28/13
A lot of insensitive comments regarding to robust people, but I shouldn't be surprised.

That would be interesting to see, it'll be different than the typical style of how many protagonists in any show are portrayed. Anything different than recycled material of today's animation would be nice in general, but I don't think many people want to see anything they're not used to viewing in anime or in other shows.
15717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/28/13
there's a manhwa with a protagonist as a fat girl.. i haven't seen any anime but i have read a manga in which the character was previously fat
Banned
35665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 2/28/13

squirrel3d wrote:


So are those very skinny chicks out there too, who we're supposed to believe is the "definition" of beauty.


I can't really tell over the internet, but I hope you're not claiming that I disagree with what you're saying. You're saying it as if I don't know that they're unhealthy aswell. It's common sense, mate. The only girls I talk to are more on the thick side, I can't stand arms that look like I could snap them off by accident.
17398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Raggedy Edge
Offline
Posted 2/28/13
So few fat girls... Why? Unappealing to the majority of the target demographic, really is as simple as that. I wouldn't have a problem with anyone giving it a shot, providing that they can make the character interesting and the trials and tribulations of said character be meaningful. Not easy perhaps, but possible and if someone who wants to can do, then more power to them in doing so.
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 2/28/13
I guess it is because most people find excessive fat unattractive.
Posted 2/28/13 , edited 2/28/13
Because they'd spend too much ink drawing a fat protagonist.


squirrel3d wrote:

So are those very skinny chicks out there too, who we're supposed to believe is the "definition" of beauty.


Being skinny means lack of fat, not proper nutrients. Even fat people can suffer that lack of nutrients. A lot of people claim diseases that make you fat, but really, it's usually just laziness and a mouth which drools like a waterfall over food rich in fat.

Now list me the people over a hundred year old who are fat.
2033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 2/28/13
It's primal psychology. People are repelled by individuals that appear as if they would be a burden (on the tribe) or possess poor genetics for its continuation. The same reason Myopic Cancer-man was never a smash hit.
529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / In Abby's heart a...
Offline
Posted 2/28/13
90% of girls in anime are fan service they wont have a fat girl being there lol
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.