First  Prev  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  Next  Last
Chat with the Mods
25999 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / Quirm
Offline
Posted 6/6/13
Seems odd to not see anything stuck at the top, like a "best way to learn Japanese" or list of tourist attractions, or something like that. You'd think those would be frequent subjects.
37840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 6/7/13 , edited 6/7/13

Kippu wrote:



Edit:
Hi, Shohee! I missed you


I miss you too fatty Poo!



Seems odd to not see anything stuck at the top, like a "best way to learn Japanese" or list of tourist attractions, or something like that. You'd think those would be frequent subjects.


Not everyone wants to go to Japan though x[ .
25999 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / Quirm
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

Shohee wrote:Not everyone wants to go to Japan though x[ .
I don't disagree; if there were similar threads for China, Korea, etc, there's no reason to exclude them, either. It would perhaps be one way to have less duplicate threads being created and/or to find repeated discussions faster.
37840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

asharka wrote:


Shohee wrote:Not everyone wants to go to Japan though x[ .
I don't disagree; if there were similar threads for China, Korea, etc, there's no reason to exclude them, either. It would perhaps be one way to have less duplicate threads being created and/or to find repeated discussions faster.


Totally , I was just saying to not just focus on Japan.

HelloKitty Muffin'King Moderator
86265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Mocha / Toronto
Offline
Posted 6/7/13 , edited 6/7/13


How is everyone today?
32268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Kentucky
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
72860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
best way to learn japanese watch more anime...
25999 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / Quirm
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

AnimeKami wrote:best way to learn japanese watch more anime...
Well, that's what I'm going with, but according to one of the threads over there, it's not the best way if you're really serious about it, because the translations in subs are more along the "personal interpretation" side than something structured for learning it "correctly".
72860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

asharka wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:best way to learn japanese watch more anime...
Well, that's what I'm going with, but according to one of the threads over there, it's not the best way if you're really serious about it, because the translations in subs are more along the "personal interpretation" side than something structured for learning it "correctly".


It is very true, "personal interpretation." Although spacial awareness and having a "keen eye" allows you to accurately what everyone is saying.

If you need to learn diction, grammar, I would not suggest just watching anime, lol.
Kill la Moderator
AHTL 
75601 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Norway
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

asharka wrote:

Seems odd to not see anything stuck at the top, like a "best way to learn Japanese" or list of tourist attractions, or something like that. You'd think those would be frequent subjects.


To be honest, I hate big threads like that. If people want to create a "Best places to visit as a tourist in South Korea" or anything similar, by all means. I just hope nobody goes for a "ULTIMATE COLLECTION OF PLACES TO VISIT ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD" kind of thread... Those are just bad.

72860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
^^ how so? seems similar, just more broad.
25999 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / Quirm
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

AHTL wrote:
To be honest, I hate big threads like that. If people want to create a "Best places to visit as a tourist in South Korea" or anything similar, by all means. I just hope nobody goes for a "ULTIMATE COLLECTION OF PLACES TO VISIT ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD" kind of thread... Those are just bad.
I don't like the too general ones, either. I'm not going to look through an unstructured thread with over maybe a couple hundred or more responses. Without the sticky though, a smaller useful thread might be active only for a short time until it runs out of steam, then falls back several pages, but still contains useful information. I'm also not going to go back looking for more than maybe 5-6 pages of old threads looking for something like that, and the search function doesn't really specific enough to narrow it down even at the entire thread level, so it seems not all that useful...

I obviously don't know what's planned for that category, but if I could offer an opinion, I would think there might be one category per country of interest and not have everything dumped at one top level. But maybe that's just too specific and can't be supported somehow...

One Punch Mod
44588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 6/7/13 , edited 6/7/13

AnimeKami wrote:

^^ how so? seems similar, just more broad.

Because if you're going to the thread to look for suggestions of where to go in, say, South Korea, it would be really frustrating to have to skim through all the other posts that have nothing to do with South Korea. So it would be somewhat useless for that kind of thing, except in the really short term. For example, if you asked "what are the best places to visit in South Korea? We're going to be mostly staying near Seoul." and then you got a few replies, that would be okay, but the next time someone wanted similar info, they wouldn't easily be able to find it.

72860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

lorreen wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

^^ how so? seems similar, just more broad.

Because if you're going to the thread to look for suggestions of where to go in, say, South Korea, it would be really frustrating to have to skim through all the other posts that have nothing to do with South Korea. So it would be somewhat useless for that kind of thing, except in the really short term. For example, if you asked "what are the best places to visit in South Korea? We're going to be mostly staying near Seoul." and then you got a few replies, that would be okay, but the next time someone wanted similar info, they wouldn't easily be able to find it.



"ULTIMATE COLLECTION OF PLACES TO VISIT ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD"

I looked at this and saw it as more of an opinion dump (not that every other thread isn't), but certainly the thread can be catered to be like your new anime catalog thread, linking everything together. Then everything is fine and dandy, but it isn't, in this case.

I am not sure where I am going with this post... ahh organization is what I am trying to get at.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Kill la Moderator
AHTL 
75601 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Norway
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
He flipped the table so hard that he became the table... Amazing stuff, not everyday you see that happen.

First  Prev  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.