First  Prev  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  Next  Last
Chat with the Mods
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/9/13

AnimeKami wrote:

For the lack of the best example, say chrome she (I believe) has a great relationship with the mods. I wouldn't know through the professional front if a new user (who just got premium membership) would be treated. I would say favoritism amongst users (of premium accounts) would not be the best idea.

I would think favoritism is already in place just a bit more discrete and not openly discussed to be put forth.


I'm sure it is and I am sure many of us prime users benefit from that discrete practice of favoritism. We disagree with an overt form of favoritism though, I'm all for it. People have gotten far too used to getting things free on the internet. I'm confused when I see complaints about advertisements from users that use the site for free...

Anyway, just because I think it would be a great idea doesn't mean it would.


Kiki's Customer Support Service
Ezgi 
85201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Toronto ಥ⌣ಥ
Offline
Posted 5/9/13

AHTL wrote:

...I'm not sure if I ever had a childhood hero.



Isn't it kind of sad? I got a little depressed knowing a little pooh bear had no real life hero in her life.
Oh well, I guess having a cartoon hero is still better than no here. There must have atleast been a cartoon character for you, Hugo.


AsuraCryin wrote:

The only thing I have left to say is that I wish this form of moderation was more visible for us to see.


No.

I already said this in my very very very long post. It's not necessary for user's to see what we do, unless they're the users we're dealing with. There's no need for users to see our every move. No need for them to see what hentai images we deleted, what user we dealt with, and other various things. It really is none of anyone's business unless it's the user in question. We moderators can see what other moderators are doing, and that's how it should be. There's no need to panic users and give audience to what the moderators do. When someone gets in trouble it should be one on one, unless they really screw up and are given a public warning. So no. There's absolutely no reason for moderator's actions to be visible to the public.
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
37465 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 5/9/13


Concur.

The best boss is one where you have no idea what they do...
137658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 5/9/13
I want to treat you all with hot chocolate and cupcakes to make you happy today. ~( ^__^ ~ )
Taroni 
49479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / NS,Canada
Offline
Posted 5/9/13

Kippu wrote:


AHTL wrote:

...I'm not sure if I ever had a childhood hero.



Isn't it kind of sad? I got a little depressed knowing a little pooh bear had no real life hero in her life.
Oh well, I guess having a cartoon hero is still better than no here. There must have atleast been a cartoon character for you, Hugo.


What about the creators of said cartoon hero?
Guardian of A/M/P
57750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 5/9/13
Groundskeepers would be a more fitting analogy.

Hey, no one sees them too much, but you see work done.
Moderator XIV
67158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / somewhere that is...
Offline
Posted 5/9/13

zendude wrote:

Groundskeepers would be a more fitting analogy.

Hey, no one sees them too much, but you see work done.


I believe the word you are looking for Zendude is "Janitor". Which is exactly what a Forum Moderator is. It is someone who comes into a room, sees a mess created by someone else, and cleans it up for them since they can't (or won't) do it themselves.

Meanwhile I have seen what happens to a forum that doesn't get it's messes cleaned up. All you are left with are the users who created the mess in the first place and everyone who wanted a clean forum leaves. I certainly hope no one actually wants that. I know a great forum for those who want that type of environment though, it starts with the number 4 and ends in the letter N.



*gives Baker a scratch behind the ears and a Scooby Snack*
Guardian of A/M/P
57750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 5/9/13

Karkarov wrote:

I believe the word you are looking for Zendude is "Janitor".


"Janitor" has the negative connotation to it, so that's why I opted out to using it. I've heard the titles "maintenance technician", "sanitoral manager", and all these fancy words for it.

Anyways, "groundskeeper" has a cool ring to it like Groundskeeper Willie or something like Hagrid; there are some muscle and girth to the sound. Basically, it's more rugged than just pushing a mop around and cleaning the toilets. "LAWL"
Eater of Worlds
Bedlam 
58095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / East Coastin'
Offline
Posted 5/9/13
I like the title "Exterminator" better. Yeah, I'll go with that one. Silly bugsies and verminies making a mess of the forums. I will squish you all!
Kill la Moderator
AHTL 
77714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Norway
Offline
Posted 5/9/13 , edited 5/9/13

zendude wrote:
"Janitor" has the negative connotation to it, so that's why I opted out to using it. I've heard the titles "maintenance technician", "sanitoral manager", and all these fancy words for it.

Anyways, "groundskeeper" has a cool ring to it like Groundskeeper Willie or something like Hagrid; there are some muscle and girth to the sound. Basically, it's more rugged than just pushing a mop around and cleaning the toilets. "LAWL"



I LOVE semantics! WOO!

Janitor only have negative connotations if you believe that being a janitor is something negative. If you believe that being a janitor is not something to be proud of, well then Houston we have a problem. Place as many flowers you want on job, but it doesn't change anything but deluding yourself.


If you want to think of yourself as a special flower that we moderators trim - by all means. Knock yourself out on the fertilizer...

Being a janitor is more than a glorified toilet cleaner. They have a large variation depending on the work place. Be it anything from fixing sinks, leakages in the pipes, fixing the electricity, making sure the security works and making snow explode.
Moderator XIV
67158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / somewhere that is...
Offline
Posted 5/9/13

AHTL wrote:
Being a janitor is more than a glorified toilet cleaner. They have a large variation depending on the work place. Be it anything from fixing sinks, leakages in the pipes, fixing the electricity, making sure the security works and making snow explode.


I love making snow explode myself.
Eater of Worlds
Bedlam 
58095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / East Coastin'
Offline
Posted 5/9/13
*goes emo, rolls eyes, texts on phone*
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/9/13

Karkarov wrote:


AHTL wrote:
Being a janitor is more than a glorified toilet cleaner. They have a large variation depending on the work place. Be it anything from fixing sinks, leakages in the pipes, fixing the electricity, making sure the security works and making snow explode.


I love making snow explode myself.


How about "Domestic Engineers"?
Guardian of A/M/P
57750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 5/9/13 , edited 5/9/13

AHTL wrote:

Being a janitor is more than a glorified toilet cleaner. They have a large variation depending on the work place. Be it anything from fixing sinks, leakages in the pipes, fixing the electricity, making sure the security works and making snow explode.


Differing cultures and such and such are which that "derogatory" meaning stem from; plus here, there's that swaying from the word "janitor" being taught to kids. It's to put a bit of respect to the ones holding the position making minimum wage.

Anyways, most of those jobs from the cleaning toilets and trash (lower paid) to the building maintenance crew fixing stuff (higher paid) are separate positions; well, at least, this has been the case in a lot of the buildings and plants that I've worked in.

It's probably different there; I don't really know your location's system. But as for me personally, I rather not use the word “janitor” to address the minimum wage help. I got in a little fray with the custodial crew before and an earful from teachers, plural, when I was younger with that word. So that's why my use of "Groundskeeper", but then again, that probably means different somewhere else. “LAWL”
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
37465 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 5/9/13
First  Prev  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.