First  Prev  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  Next  Last
Chat with the Mods
55086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 4/26/13

Karkarov wrote:

Do all mods love space brothers?

Yes. Unless they wish to be dropped off into mod no mans land where it is nothing but problem users, brony pics, adult content, and pm spam 24/7 365. Seriously though every mod that I know has watched it likes it.


It would be funny if you guys made it into a real requirement.





SB marathon?

I dun know. Ask his CR Royal Highness, heir of house Lichtenstein, King of the Northern Fastness, and protector of Norwegian Virginity, Grand Prince AHTL the Third. But know this.... he probably won't know either. Why don't you set it up yourself Chrome



Too much of a bother.
Can't even change the batteries of my alarm clock. Too lazy.



47451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 4/27/13 , edited 4/27/13
I enjoyed Space Brothers before it turned into Desert Brothers... But what I really want to say is...

I feel that the FAQ about site rules should mention that you should spoiler tag your posts if you are discussing episodes that have not yet aired on Crunchyroll. I think it is fair game to leave the tags off for discussions about this week's episode after it has aired here as people should really know to watch the episode that Crunchyroll has up before they read the forum, and they should pay for premium so they aren't a week behind. But it is annoying when people post after watching fansubs... some of which are up a week before. The people who do this should know better but they enjoy their 'first posts' about the episodes that haven't been shown here yet. Just butt hurt since I don't watch fan subs? Yes, that is true... but it is annoying... so it would be nice if it could be moderated a bit, do you think?
HelloKitty Muffin'King Moderator
86265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Mocha / Toronto
Offline
Posted 4/27/13

hpulley wrote:

I enjoyed Space Brothers before it turned into Desert Brothers... But what I really want to say is...

I feel that the FAQ about site rules should mention that you should spoiler tag your posts if you are discussing episodes that have not yet aired on Crunchyroll. I think it is fair game to leave the tags off for discussions about this week's episode after it has aired here as people should really know to watch the episode that Crunchyroll has up before they read the forum, and they should pay for premium so they aren't a week behind. But it is annoying when people post after watching fansubs... some of which are up a week before. The people who do this should know better but they enjoy their 'first posts' about the episodes that haven't been shown here yet. Just butt hurt since I don't watch fan subs? Yes, that is true... but it is annoying... so it would be nice if it could be moderated a bit, do you think?


If users report it, then we can get to it quicker. I'll discuss with the mods if we should add it to our rules.
55086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 4/27/13


I just want to share the most beautiful song and video ever made.

"Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful?"




57298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 4/27/13

hpulley wrote:

I feel that the FAQ about site rules should mention that you should spoiler tag your posts if you are discussing episodes that have not yet aired on Crunchyroll.


/\This/\

Honestly though, I don't mind the spoilers most of the time because that's actually how I gauge shows that I want to watch. It's just annoying when people get pissy and belligerent when someone ruins a scene and plot point. You probably know who mess it can get.
(One exception to my spoiler anti-pet peeve is Shoujos. I don't like peeps ruining Shoujus at any point for me.)

One thing that's fun about smartphones is that you can post anywhere at anytime because you can. "LAWL"
(Down time at gigs are plenty.)
1mirg 
54613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 4/27/13
It''s Common Sense to spoiler stuff about a show, manga, series, game, ending, or anything similar. But, I also find it rather rude if you do not spoiler it. Reason being, it shows just how much you care about the other users. The best option is to put exclaimation points around the warning text just above the spoiler. Then Tell them straight up what lurks below, without spoiling anything to the veiwer

Example:



Contains the last panel to Air Gear manga
101650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/27/13

chrome_mist wrote:



I just want to share the most beautiful song and video ever made.

"Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful?"






dat Wacky

25765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 七十七 / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 4/27/13 , edited 4/27/13

1mirg wrote:

It''s Common Sense to spoiler stuff about a show, manga, series, game, ending, or anything similar. But, I also find it rather rude if you do not spoiler it. Reason being, it shows just how much you care about the other users.

Yes, I completely agree w/this, and I also share the same feeling w/hpulley, but I can tolerate it since I've learned to scroll past those posts as soon as it becomes obvious to me that they are talking about an ep that hasn't aired yet on CR.


Mirg's Example:



Contains the last panel to Air Gear manga

I like Mirg's example here, and this is something I wish we could also have the option to do for video comments under each of the films as well. Having that preceding text would be great.
20129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Bite the pillow.
Online
Posted 4/27/13

1mirg wrote:

Contains the last panel to Air Gear manga


That's an excellent format. I'm going to use that also. I like that.
Posted 4/27/13

Karkarov wrote:



Do all mods love space brothers?

Yes. Unless they wish to be dropped off into mod no mans land where it is nothing but problem users, brony pics, adult content, and pm spam 24/7 365. Seriously though every mod that I know has watched it likes it.

SB marathon?

I dun know. Ask his CR Royal Highness, heir of house Lichtenstein, King of the Northern Fastness, and protector of Norwegian Virginity, Grand Prince AHTL the Third. But know this.... he probably won't know either. Why don't you set it up yourself Chrome



Yes. Unless they wish to be dropped off into mod no mans land where it is nothing but problem users, brony pics, adult content, and pm spam 24/7 365. Seriously though every mod that I know has watched it likes it.


I never watched it.
Moderator XIV
65086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / somewhere that is...
Offline
Posted 4/27/13 , edited 4/27/13

LosingOrbit wrote:
I never watched it.


:P !

Neither has Mocha or a few others. Cause Mocha is a slacker! What I am a sayin is this... Every mod who has watched Space Bro's seems to have liked it.

EDIT!!! Additional stuffage!

As far as spoilers go... I got to agree with Mirg in that it is common sense to warn and or tag when giving spoilers. That said it is also common sense to avoid threads discussing new episodes of a show if you don't want spoilers. Or to stop reading a post if it seems like it might go into them. Since all of this is basically common sense, I don't really think it needs a rule just for that. Also it is way too subjective, I once had someone rail at me for saying I gave mass effect 2 spoilers when I said in a voice chat that Shepard might die and some of the cast from the first game wouldn't join your party. Both pieces of information anyone who had bothered watching the actual official trailer would know, much less read any one of hundreds of preview articles.

So I think it is a pretty subjective thing and a hard and fast rule may not work.


I thought that song was pretty good, as was the video considering it was a fan made thing of spliced clips. I am really looking forward to that movie though, big fan of the earlier Robert Redford version.
25765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 七十七 / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 4/27/13 , edited 4/27/13

Karkarov wrote:

As far as spoilers go... I got to agree with Mirg in that it is common sense to warn and or tag when giving spoilers. Since all of this is basically common sense, I don't really think it needs a rule just for that. Also it is way too subjective,


I agree that it's way too subjective, but that's why I keep seeing people arguing/disagreeing in threads from time to time about why so-and-so did or didn't spoiler-tag this or that. I think it would be good if we could have some kind of common ground that we could all agree upon, not just leave everything to "common sense" since we all have different ideas when and when not to "spoiler tag" things, as well as what "constitutes" a spoiler to begin with.


So I think it is a pretty subjective thing and a hard and fast rule may not work.

Well, we never know unless we try. And it doesn't have to be a hard and fast rule, but more of a "helpful hints" when posting kind of thing. I think we should always be working on improving these forums to make it the very best it can be. I think just some added helpful hints to the CR rules in regards to what constitutes a spoiler and a general good time when to use it would be something that could lesson the complaining and give the CR members at least some kind of format to follow.

Anyway, I'll stop complaining now. And thanks Mods for all the hard work u do! ^___^


Kill la Moderator
AHTL 
75595 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Norway
Offline
Posted 4/28/13

chrome_mist wrote:



I just want to share the most beautiful song and video ever made.

"Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful?"






Love it, I like the alternative versions people have been making it too. She has a really good voice for singing.

Think you might like this song

http://hypem.com/track/1w24q/Nero+-+Into+The+Past

55086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 4/28/13 , edited 4/28/13

AHTL wrote:

Love it, I like the alternative versions people have been making it too. She has a really good voice for singing.

Think you might like this song

http://hypem.com/track/1w24q/Nero+-+Into+The+Past



I do!


Amazing. The whole soundtrack for the movie is just amazing.
(Well I haven't gone through all of it but seeing how Young & Beautiful,
Florence's Over The Love and this new song you just posted are all masterpieces (welp),
I assume the rest are just as beautiful.)

I am so gonna purchase this.



Btw I only noticed now your posting format.
You've seen the light.




AHTL wrote:

Love it, I like the alternative versions people have been making it too. She has a really good voice for singing.

Think you might like this song

http://hypem.com/track/1w24q/Nero+-+Into+The+Past





But wait the last minute of the song.
Feels so ethereal.


Kill la Moderator
AHTL 
75595 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Norway
Offline
Posted 4/28/13
Yes, just hope that when I finally watch the film I won't be disappointed. Looks, or at least feels like they've invested a lot of money in it.

The song kind of reminds me of m83's songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEyo3hDbjk0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBdmYu8_ZiM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNx_Nyxf-4o
First  Prev  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.