Remove this ad
Anime with too much of a plot twist?
Banned
4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/1/13
These days anime has too much plot twister... Even anime directed to audience that are age 3-5. Can't they just stick to the damn plot/synopsis?
18320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/1/13
Give example please
64373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 3/1/13
and why should they?

they can get jay wilson'd if it pleases them

btw pretty gross cain x leah
Banned
4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/1/13

icecreamsnow wrote:

Give example please


Pokemon, it's getting too complicated and drifting away from the original plot.
1687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / A Wall in the Heart
Online
Posted 3/1/13
What about Naruto? Almost nothing happens that in any way relates to becoming the Hokage anymore.

38505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 3/1/13

DeckardXLeah wrote:


icecreamsnow wrote:

Give example please


Pokemon, it's getting too complicated and drifting away from the original plot.



TripleBakaKimidori wrote:

What about Naruto? Almost nothing happens that in any way relates to becoming the Hokage anymore.



are we talking about filler here? (or you can just call it "useless deviations from the main plot") because I think that's what the both of you are trying to talk about

"plot twisters" sound too much like "plot twists" which Pokemon and Naruto don't have much or any of as afaik
4188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 3/1/13

Rito2Ru wrote:


DeckardXLeah wrote:


icecreamsnow wrote:

Give example please


Pokemon, it's getting too complicated and drifting away from the original plot.



TripleBakaKimidori wrote:

What about Naruto? Almost nothing happens that in any way relates to becoming the Hokage anymore.



are we talking about filler here? (or you can just call it "useless deviations from the main plot") because I think that's what the both of you are trying to talk about

"plot twisters" sound too much like "plot twists" which Pokemon and Naruto don't have much or any of as afaik


hat I'm thinking you're thinking is the shows that are being milked like crazy and losing track of where the original storyline would be going. Plot twists
are supposed to build upon the story rather than lead it astray. If this made no sense or didn't help at all.... or doesn't matter than I apologize! =D
1687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / A Wall in the Heart
Online
Posted 3/1/13

Anberlyn wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:


DeckardXLeah wrote:


icecreamsnow wrote:

Give example please


Pokemon, it's getting too complicated and drifting away from the original plot.



TripleBakaKimidori wrote:

What about Naruto? Almost nothing happens that in any way relates to becoming the Hokage anymore.



are we talking about filler here? (or you can just call it "useless deviations from the main plot") because I think that's what the both of you are trying to talk about

"plot twisters" sound too much like "plot twists" which Pokemon and Naruto don't have much or any of as afaik


hat I'm thinking you're thinking is the shows that are being milked like crazy and losing track of where the original storyline would be going. Plot twists
are supposed to build upon the story rather than lead it astray. If this made no sense or didn't help at all.... or doesn't matter than I apologize! =D


My mistake. Apparently I got "plot twist" and "plot twister" mixed up.
15062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/5/13 , edited 3/5/13
Nowadays series needs to input some plot twisters, plots have already been used up from their playbook, so they need to come up with a new ideas(which is difficult) or add in some twists to keep it refreshing.

imo, the modern day anime viewer may have a problem with this, but for anime viewers who have been through different generations of anime they need this to keep themselves interested, with enough exposure you'll find most plots to be predictable
4747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/5/13

RolexKid wrote:

Nowadays series needs to input some plot twisters, plots have already been used up from their playbook, so they need to come up with a new ideas(which is difficult) or add in some twists to keep it refreshing.

imo, the modern day anime viewer may have a problem with this, but for anime viewers who have been through different generations of anime they need this to keep themselves interested, with enough exposure you'll find most plots to be predictable


This.

Especially when anime popularity grows every year, new and unique ideas are hard to come by since so many shows before have already used it.
16147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 3/5/13
Something to keep in mind is that some shows seem like they are going away from the point but aren't due to oddball focusing of an anime adaptation.

Medaka Box is one example. The first season of the anime focuses on such a short part of the intro of the manga ao that it makes it seem like the anime is a slice of life show when it isn't. Even the second season makes it seem like a generic shounen fighting anime when that really isn't the point either. In reality it is a parody of Shounen works as a whole as well as a deconstruction of the God Mode Sue archetype. Medaka is originally presented as the worst case of Mary Sue and the plot slowly develops into showing how being perfect isn't exactly so happy, great, or easy.

In the anime so far, we only get to see her being perfect and OP in the first season, and only get to compare her with people she can actually relate to in the second season. You don't get to see the flawed sides of Medaka until later. I'm sure many people who watched the first and second seasons of that show went WTF at the seemingly random plot developments, but didn't realize that the initial presentation was never meant to be what the show was about, because the anime spends a lot of time focusing on the initial presentation which doesn't give a good picture of what the general plot is about.
4543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/19/13
OMG U GUYS WOULD NEVER SEE THE PLOT TWIST IN SCHOOL DAYS! IT HAS BEEN 5 MONTHS SINCE IVE FINISHED IT AND IM STILL SHOCKED WITH THE ENDING!!!!!!
59587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 3/19/13

amujapan wrote:

OMG U GUYS WOULD NEVER SEE THE PLOT TWIST IN SCHOOL DAYS! IT HAS BEEN 5 MONTHS SINCE IVE FINISHED IT AND IM STILL SHOCKED WITH THE ENDING!!!!!!



Calm your tits. It wasn't that serious.
Anyway, I'm here for plot twists. It makes a series much more interesting.
Although I don't think that's what the OP have in mind...?





18977 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 3/19/13 , edited 3/19/13
11eyes is an example of a show that is average to begin with becoming terrible because it had a lot of stupid badly done plot twists towards the end.
One Punch Mod
41204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Online
Posted 10/16/13
Forum cleanup. Clearing out threads that have been inactive for more than 6 months.

locked and closed
You must be logged in to post.