First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Your Favorite Anime Antagonist
20183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/5/13
Mine would probably be between Schneizel El Britannia (From Code Geass), Lelouch Vi Brittania (Again, from Code Geass), or Blackbeard (From One Piece).
I don't really like Blackbeard that much (due to his physical appearance and cowardly side), but:
50205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Online
Posted 3/5/13 , edited 3/5/13

Deceipter wrote:


Kiritsugu Emiya - Fate/Zero

(Yes he was an antagonist)


Actually he's an Anti-Hero. He's one of the protagonists of Fate/Zero, Kotomine Kirei would be considered an antagonist.
Posted 3/5/13
Newman
Posted 3/5/13
Not in any particular order:

Koushaku Chouno (Papillon) from Buso Renkin



Light Yagami from Death Note. (and yes, I consider him the antagonist rather than the protagonist, because I view L as the protagonist)



Zeref from Fairy Tail




Kabuto Yakushi from Naruto



Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter



Itachi Uchiha from Naruto



Gin from Bleach




Ulquiorra from Bleach




There's definitely more out there.
9509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Latitude: 30.7530...
Offline
Posted 3/5/13
Yes i'd agree but considering how in Fate Zero most of the characters had there own good and bad reasons to fight meant they could be taken as a protagonist or antagonist , but yes i do agree on him being an anti hero but in my opinion I saw more of an antagonist at some part, not spoiling anything and not count Fate Stay night.
19484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/9/13 , edited 3/9/13

Deceipter wrote:

Yes i'd agree but considering how in Fate Zero most of the characters had there own good and bad reasons to fight meant they could be taken as a protagonist or antagonist , but yes i do agree on him being an anti hero but in my opinion I saw more of an antagonist at some part, not spoiling anything and not count Fate Stay night.


With that logic the terms protagonist and antagonist no longer apply to anything. It's not just Fate/Zero, all characters have their own agenda no matter the show.The only moment that would cause you to view Kirtsugu in such a manner would be when he decided he was Caster from Stay Night, and used "Rule Breaker" on Magus F, killing him in "cold blood".
1161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 3/9/13
Izaya Orihara
38274 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 3/9/13
definitely hisoka
15691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 3/9/13

DerpyFan wrote:

According to TV Tropes, L is a Hero Antagonist, so I'll go with him.


I'll side with you. I wanted Light to accomplish his goal at first, but then I wanted L to bust him. The only good thing about the live-action film SPOILER is that L wins before Light.
12100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/9/13
Hisoka
10700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Around
Offline
Posted 3/9/13
I'm going to have to say this guy



Though I think it could be arguable whether he is a anti-hero or an antagonist
19735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / San Francisco Bay...
Offline
Posted 3/9/13
Why the Red Comet, of course!



-One often does not wish to admit the mistakes of ones youth.
Char Aznable, Mobile Suit Gundam
50205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Online
Posted 3/9/13 , edited 3/9/13

TheSarcasticOne wrote:


Deceipter wrote:

Yes i'd agree but considering how in Fate Zero most of the characters had there own good and bad reasons to fight meant they could be taken as a protagonist or antagonist , but yes i do agree on him being an anti hero but in my opinion I saw more of an antagonist at some part, not spoiling anything and not count Fate Stay night.


With that logic the terms protagonist and antagonist no longer apply to anything. It's not just Fate/Zero, all characters have their own agenda no matter the show.The only moment that would cause you to view Kirtsugu in such a manner would be when he decided he was Caster from Stay Night, and used "Rule Breaker" on Magus F, killing him in "cold blood".


You mean when he..
That's still being an Anti-Hero, just very near to a villainous (as in antagonistic) character.



SockmyRock wrote:

I'm going to have to say this guy



Though I think it could be arguable whether he is a anti-hero or an antagonist


Antagonist.
Posted 3/9/13


But...Zeta...
19484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/9/13 , edited 3/9/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


TheSarcasticOne wrote:


Deceipter wrote:

Yes i'd agree but considering how in Fate Zero most of the characters had there own good and bad reasons to fight meant they could be taken as a protagonist or antagonist , but yes i do agree on him being an anti hero but in my opinion I saw more of an antagonist at some part, not spoiling anything and not count Fate Stay night.


With that logic the terms protagonist and antagonist no longer apply to anything. It's not just Fate/Zero, all characters have their own agenda no matter the show.The only moment that would cause you to view Kirtsugu in such a manner would be when he decided he was Caster from Stay Night, and used "Rule Breaker" on Magus F, killing him in "cold blood".




Notice how I went out of my way not to mention names of others as to not spoil anything......
It's not all that villainous, he could have killed the two anyway but that would mean lancer would transfer to another master. Everyone in the war knows that killing the master is the easiest way to win. It's not as if Mage F's goals were all that noble and pure, while Kiritsugu is working towards a world of peace. Say he decided oh well Mage G is somewhere on Elm street, Saber use Excalibur and kill EVERYONE! Just to make sure their dead. That would be a fairly Evil deed.

also yes that is what I meant haha
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.