First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Space Battleship Yamato 2199
35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 5/1/13
I found (putting eyepatch on) the soundtrack (released May 1) of something called "Project Yamato 2199". It's not the soundtrack (that came out in late 2012) itself but a supposedly star studded tribute of the main theme? Anyone know anything about it? It sounds friggin' awesome btw.
35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 7/7/13
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-07/star-blazers/yamato-2199-no.1-english-dub-shown-at-anime-expo

I cried a little inside.. and it wasn't because I was happy... they are going to translate Yamato to ARGO? WTF....
61649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 7/7/13

Arsenette wrote:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-07/star-blazers/yamato-2199-no.1-english-dub-shown-at-anime-expo

I cried a little inside.. and it wasn't because I was happy... they are going to translate Yamato to ARGO? WTF....


I just hope the series won't be edited for children and that we can still get the Japanese soundtrack with subtitles. I understand why Voyager stuck with Argo, they did the original localization after all, but in this day and age, I would hope they'd stay truer to the original than they did in the past.
35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 7/7/13
What makes no sense is that the characters are all the same as the Japanese.. but the SHIP name has changed? wtf.. I'm hoping the fan outcry is loud enough that they reverse course before the release..
61649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 7/7/13

Arsenette wrote:

What makes no sense is that the characters are all the same as the Japanese.. but the SHIP name has changed? wtf.. I'm hoping the fan outcry is loud enough that they reverse course before the release..


I hear you. You know how much of a fan of this show I am. And I agree, I hope they change their mind about this.
11023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / London
Offline
Posted 9/22/13
It is great to find some other fans of the Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Uchu Senkan Yamato 2199) remake!

I got into it a few weeks ago and loved every episode! Unfortunately it has not been officially launched in Europe/UK so I had to buy the discs from Japan but I don't regret it at all.

The plot is amazing and can't wait for next month when the last volume is released...

In the original run there was a Series 2 or I'm mistaken?

Kostas
6278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 9/22/13 , edited 9/22/13
Why have I not seen this thread!?

I really wish crunchyroll put this show on stream.
I mean really it's an iconic anime!

Not to mention a classic opening.
12401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / In
Offline
Posted 9/22/13
a little off topic but the same guy who did Space Battleship Yamato also made Capten Harlock and they just put a new moive out that looks so freaking awesome that your bound to have a nerdgasm

here is the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQyLScGwKwE
46117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/23/13
I didn't watch the original, But It will be good to see what is so good about it
61649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 9/23/13

kvlassis wrote:

It is great to find some other fans of the Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Uchu Senkan Yamato 2199) remake!

I got into it a few weeks ago and loved every episode! Unfortunately it has not been officially launched in Europe/UK so I had to buy the discs from Japan but I don't regret it at all.

The plot is amazing and can't wait for next month when the last volume is released...

In the original run there was a Series 2 or I'm mistaken?

Kostas


In fact, there were 3 TV series. In English, the 2nd was called "The Comet Empire" and the 3rd "The Bolar Wars".

I have read from at least 1 source that Yamato 2199 will also reboot "The Comet Empire" once the first season has been completed. No word on when though.
4463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / ICQ: 114629959
Offline
Posted 9/23/13 , edited 9/23/13
Having watched the original series I have to admit that Yamato 2199 has a better story-flow and also the little tunes to the story are quite nice.
I won't talk about animation quality (you can't compare it, its like from different planets), ...
35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 9/23/13 , edited 9/23/13

deadpanditto wrote:
In fact, there were 3 TV series. In English, the 2nd was called "The Comet Empire" and the 3rd "The Bolar Wars".

I have read from at least 1 source that Yamato 2199 will also reboot "The Comet Empire" once the first season has been completed. No word on when though.


Omg if they do the Comet Empire I'd freak out I loooooooove "Trelaina"

35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 12/2/13
So we get it in the USA in February.. I'm still not happy about the subtitles change. I am hoping they have the option to change the types of subtitles or if we are permanently screwed..

As for the new Yamato girl.. http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/12/02-1/video-yamato-girl-hosts-first-english-star-blazer-2199-news-video
I'm.. not quite a fan..

61649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 12/3/13

Arsenette wrote:

So we get it in the USA in February.. I'm still not happy about the subtitles change. I am hoping they have the option to change the types of subtitles or if we are permanently screwed..


I'll definitely hate that. It would force me to order the originals from Japan.
61649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 12/5/13 , edited 12/5/13
This version, at least, leads me to believe we can get just the subtitled version. Hopefully they do a good job!
http://starblazers.com/article/star-blazers-2199-%E2%80%A2-dvdblu-ray-on-sale-nowvolume-1-available-thursday-2272014pre-order-starts-thursday-12192013/

I'll be placing my order.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.