First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Space Battleship Yamato 2199
151495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 12/31/13
Started watching this at long last and been enjoying it so far. From what I understand, they added new characters but the plot generally remains the same? So far I'm impressed though.
The Wise Wizard
79607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 12/31/13

stark700 wrote:

Started watching this at long last and been enjoying it so far. From what I understand, they added new characters but the plot generally remains the same? So far I'm impressed though.

The biggest change on the character front was that they went from having Yuki be the only female on the ship, to having female crew members. From what I've seen from coverage and the unsubbed "first x minutes" clips of the movies they've streamed, it also appears they changed the sex of the Gamilon pilot they captured in one episode of the original series, and that pilot sticks around longer.

6408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 7/5/14
Started watching a bootleg version of this.

Holy Crap this anime is amazing so far, easily one of the best anime remakes of all time.
6317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Cali
Offline
Posted 7/5/14
Some of the best ship designs and cg battles. I'm so glad they stayed true to the original but with a modernized upgrade. Well done.

~ SK
36369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 7/6/14
As a hardcore longtime fan of the original I was worried about this one. But after watching all of it I'm totally jonesing for the next series Comet Empire. I can't WAIT to see how they reboot that series. I'm happy new people are enjoying the series as much as we did when it first aired. I honestly believe they made it better. And that's saying something because I'm generally a purist. THIS is how you reboot a series!
6408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 7/9/14 , edited 8/10/14
Well I finished it.

I am not exaggerating when I say this is the best anime I have ever seen ever.
42300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/9/14
Props for "Do Automata Dream of Electric Sheep?"

This was a pretty slow starter for me but it's picking up; interesting antagonist too.
17461 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/9/14
All I can find is the live action movie. Is there a new version currently airing? Legal Sites? The live action movie is on Funimation.
42300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/9/14
HeeheeHEE. Hello Captain Alucard.


tehshrapnel wrote:

All I can find is the live action movie. Is there a new version currently airing? Legal Sites? The live action movie is on Funimation.

It all aired last year, there's a Region A Blu-Ray / Region 1 DVD release in process but it's on the pricy side.

If there's a legal stream I haven't found it, I tried searching by Star Blazers 2199 as well.
5855 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 7/9/14 , edited 7/9/14

tehshrapnel wrote:

All I can find is the live action movie. Is there a new version currently airing? Legal Sites? The live action movie is on Funimation.


Yamato 2199 isn't streamed anywhere as far as I know, but it finished in 2013. And unfortunately the US release of the series is being done in singles, 4 episodes per disc, at $45 each on Blu-ray or $35 each on DVD. Only half the show has been released that way though so far.
17461 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/9/14

Barbobot wrote:


Yamato 2199 isn't streamed anywhere as far as I know, but it finished in 2013. And unfortunately the US release of the series is being done in singles, 4 episodes per disc, at $45 each on Blu-ray or $35 each on DVD. Only half the show has been released that way though so far.



Insomnist wrote:

HeeheeHEE. Hello Captain Alucard.


tehshrapnel wrote:

All I can find is the live action movie. Is there a new version currently airing? Legal Sites? The live action movie is on Funimation.

It all aired last year, there's a Region A Blu-Ray / Region 1 DVD release in process but it's on the pricy side.

If there's a legal stream I haven't found it, I tried searching by Star Blazers 2199 as well.


Thanks for the info! It is appreciated.
42300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/9/14
I seriously cannot get over Space Submarine Captain Alucard. This is fucking fabulous.

8380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/9/14 , edited 7/9/14

Barbobot wrote:


tehshrapnel wrote:

All I can find is the live action movie. Is there a new version currently airing? Legal Sites? The live action movie is on Funimation.


Yamato 2199 isn't streamed anywhere as far as I know, but it finished in 2013. And unfortunately the US release of the series is being done in singles, 4 episodes per disc, at $45 each on Blu-ray or $35 each on DVD. Only half the show has been released that way though so far.


It's cheaper than importing it. The imports have English subtitles and I didn't want to wait...It was worth it to me. The show is that good.

63289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 7/9/14
This is my all time favorite show. I can't be objective about it at all. And I love the reboot. I am amazed that they took a gem and made it even better.
22828 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/9/14
Every episode I've watched of the new series is like waves of nostalgia and I'm a kid again glued to the TV.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.