First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Space Battleship Yamato 2199
38109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 5 days ago
Also, they should have stayed with the 'Star Blazers' title. They MURDERED themselves on potential nostalgia sales to please anime 'purists'.
61362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Online
Posted 5 days ago

windsagio wrote:

Also, they should have stayed with the 'Star Blazers' title. They MURDERED themselves on potential nostalgia sales to please anime 'purists'.


Actually, the US disc release uses the title "Star Blazers 2199", so I don't get what you are referring to.
38109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 5 days ago

deadpanditto wrote:


windsagio wrote:

Also, they should have stayed with the 'Star Blazers' title. They MURDERED themselves on potential nostalgia sales to please anime 'purists'.


Actually, the US disc release uses the title "Star Blazers 2199", so I don't get what you are referring to.


I'm just flat wrong. For some reason I thought they pulled the Star Blazers title.

*embarassed frowny face*
61362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Online
Posted 5 days ago

windsagio wrote:


deadpanditto wrote:


windsagio wrote:

Also, they should have stayed with the 'Star Blazers' title. They MURDERED themselves on potential nostalgia sales to please anime 'purists'.


Actually, the US disc release uses the title "Star Blazers 2199", so I don't get what you are referring to.


I'm just flat wrong. For some reason I thought they pulled the Star Blazers title.

*embarassed frowny face*


No problems.

Originally, Voyager was talking about having a dubbed version that used all the old Star Blazers terms, like the ship being called the Argo. At that time, it wasn't clear if they'd keep the Japanese track and make the same localization changes with the English subtitles. Many of us didn't want them to change the subtitles. I would have been OK with those localizations for a dubbed version.

In the end, Voyager decided to go the cheap route: no real changes from the Japanese version other than changing the labels on the discs.

So, I think that might be why you got confused.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.