First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply (RFID) Chip mark of the beast or not
6457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M / in the underworld...
Offline
Posted 3/7/13

BlueOni wrote:

Your invocation of Pascal's Wager and paranoia about "the government" aside, I would express concern over the potential negative health effects. You say that preliminary tests indicated that these chips somehow increase the probability of contracting cancer. I would see the literature, if you please.
Try these ones there is way more you can find or I can if you want these are trustable sights

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/08/AR2007090800997_pf.html http://www.dailytech.com/RFID+Chips+Linked+to+FastGrowing+Cancer/article8796.htm
6457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M / in the underworld...
Offline
Posted 3/7/13

a619ko wrote:

The government is gonna send deathsquads after you all...*snickers*


I bet they will just to the people who want get the chip but there talking locking them up first, as obama says its gonna be the law they send you to a preventative jail first inless you fight back.
4993 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / R'lyeh
Offline
Posted 3/7/13 , edited 3/7/13


One must always ask, I'm sure you understand. I'll look into the health matter more thoroughly, but I'm guessing from your thread title that it is not the intended focus of the thread. Instead, you seem more interested in the philosophical perspective of RFID chip insertion. Is that right?

Edit: The paranoia is getting too thick, and you're saying things which make me both angry and uncomfortable. For my part, the conversation is now over.
16469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F
Offline
Posted 3/7/13


First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the socialists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a socialist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for me,
and there was no one left to speak for me.
62099 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 3/7/13
why are we even posting about something that is like 6 year old news now please don't read random things on the internets if you can't handle reading random things on the internets
20129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Bite the pillow.
Online
Posted 3/7/13

trinkit wrote:




Great Martin Niemöller quote. "They Thought They Were Free" is on my reading list.
Posted 3/7/13

trinkit wrote:



First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the socialists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a socialist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for me,
and there was no one left to speak for me.


that's one of my favourite quotes....

In response to OP over my dead body am I being chipped but we already live in a world of surveillance, everything you do is monitored. they're making human beings experiments.

Watching Big Brother while Big Brother be watching us.
18204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 3/7/13



Doubt people will ever let that happen...
Or it's already happening, from an article I read sometime ago, of the chips being used to tag criminals.

Personally, I'd never let someone force something on me.
I would think the majority of people would react the same way.
No one wants their daily/personal lives tracked by a police state.

Eventually, if it does come to happen, it will only lead to civil unrest.
Moderator XIV
65086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / somewhere that is...
Offline
Posted 3/7/13
This thread does not belong in the general forums so I am going to move it over to where the similar topics are.... Extended Discussion! Keep having fun peeps!
17761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 3/7/13

Hairbelly wrote:


trinkit wrote:




Great Martin Niemöller quote. "They Thought They Were Free" is on my reading list.


It's a good quote, but... given the socialists didn't speak out for the communists, and the trade unionists didn't speak out for the socialists or the communists, I wonder if speaking out for any of them have done "me" any good?

Also, what happened to the people that did speak out? I'm sure somebody must have been saying something, though not necessarily for the communists, socialists or trade unionists.
20129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Bite the pillow.
Online
Posted 3/7/13

ahatestory wrote:

Also, what happened to the people that did speak out?


They were shot or had their tongues torn out with pliers of course.
17761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 3/7/13

Hairbelly wrote:


ahatestory wrote:

Also, what happened to the people that did speak out?


They were shot or had their tongues torn out with pliers of course.

Perhaps it's for the best he didn't speak out then, would've been difficult to make that great quote if he had.
20129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Bite the pillow.
Online
Posted 3/7/13

ahatestory wrote:


Perhaps it's for the best he didn't speak out then, would've been difficult to make that great quote if he had.


If that is what you believe, then you have failed to understand the meaning of what he said.
17761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 3/7/13 , edited 3/7/13

Hairbelly wrote:


ahatestory wrote:


Perhaps it's for the best he didn't speak out then, would've been difficult to make that great quote if he had.


If that is what you believe, then you have failed to understand the meaning of what he said.

I completely understand the meaning of what he said. I am not convinced that speaking out would have stopped what happened. Even so, it would at least have had a chance at accomplishing something, and it would have been worth the risk.

I was mostly just having a little enjoyment of the fact that his quote would have been difficult if he had spoken out, not only because he would've been shot or had his tongue ripped out, but because even if that hadn't happened, it would have become a lie if he had spoken out.

It is perhaps an example of something good coming from something bad - things may have been better if people had spoken out, but at least we got a good quote out of it. The fact that the quote encourages people to do something good, when it would not exist if they had, is somehow amusing to me. It's as if the quote wishes it had never been created.

Edit: replaced it with they.
3378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Pandemonium
Online
Posted 3/8/13 , edited 3/8/13

darkangel09rose
I am more worryed about my soul.


Even if we assume that the bible is true -- how exactly, from a logical perspective, does this chip have ANYTHING to do with the beast?

In any case, I am all for this chip. Within reason of course.
It should be implanted in all hard criminals. Everyone who has been caught for violence, theft, rape, terrorism, etc.
Implant them all.

As for myself, I'm a bit torn.
On one hand, if I were to be kidnapped once or get lost in some other fashion, it would be pretty neat to be able to be tracked.
On the other hand, if I were to for some reason become a part of a resistance group, it would be pretty bad...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.