First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Do you know how to speak Japanese??
90 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 3/17/13
Hello!!!
How do you do?
I am a adult japanese man.
I live in jpan.
Thank you!!
33453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 3/17/13 , edited 3/17/13

fujihayabusa wrote:

Hello!!!
How do you do?
I am a adult japanese man.
I live in jpan.
Thank you!!


こんにちは。おげんきですか。にほんごをはなしますか。
90 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 3/17/13
こんにちは。
はじめまして。
よろしくお願いします
37 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Bali - Indonesia...
Offline
Posted 3/17/13
I SPEAK JAPANESE
14031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/17/13 , edited 3/17/13
わたしはすこしにほんごをはなします。にほんごをべんきょうします
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 3/17/13
Never too late! I was always interested but really started seriously in 2005/6 when I was around 35 and I have been improving ever since. Now I read novels and manga in Japanese, watch without subs anime, movies and drama. Conversations too.

The key is to use it a lot, read a lot, watch a lot of anime, hold conversations online and IRL.

Anyone want to practice on Skype?
14031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/17/13 , edited 3/17/13

hpulley wrote:

Never too late! I was always interested but really started seriously in 2005/6 when I was around 35 and I have been improving ever since. Now I read novels and manga in Japanese, watch without subs anime, movies and drama. Conversations too.

The key is to use it a lot, read a lot, watch a lot of anime, hold conversations online and IRL.

Anyone want to practice on Skype?


i wish i was able to :(( i have started studying japanese a month ago ;o i was able to know katakana and hiragana alphabet in 1 week but since i dont use it much im really bad at remenbering what some words means T.T i have only studied very few kanji right now ;p around 18? basic ones ofc ;o soo sad T.T is there like a place where u can talk to japanese people
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 3/17/13

xtangle wrote:


hpulley wrote:

Never too late! I was always interested but really started seriously in 2005/6 when I was around 35 and I have been improving ever since. Now I read novels and manga in Japanese, watch without subs anime, movies and drama. Conversations too.

The key is to use it a lot, read a lot, watch a lot of anime, hold conversations online and IRL.

Anyone want to practice on Skype?


i wish i was able to :(( i have started studying japanese a month ago ;o i was able to know katakana and hiragana alphabet in 1 week but since i dont use it much im really bad at remenbering what some words means T.T i have only studied very few kanji right now ;p around 18? basic ones ofc ;o soo sad T.T is there like a place where u can talk to japanese people


Katakana and hiragana are good for reading to start. Kanji is hard at first.

Learning vocabulary takes the longest. I find it is best to expand it by reading and listening with a dictionary by your side. That way you learn current, useful words rather than obscure ones. Eventually you will need it less and less and will be able to figure out words you don't know just from the context. Start simple and expand it!
14031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/17/13


ありがとうございます! for the advice ;p ima practice right now some more--- ;o since i study with a private teacher~ i never know if im learning slow or fast xD
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 3/17/13

xtangle wrote:



ありがとうございます! for the advice ;p ima practice right now some more--- ;o since i study with a private teacher~ i never know if im learning slow or fast xD


Private lessons are good! Speed doesn't matter so much.

For me, having a goal was good. Passing the JLPT and reading manga were my original goals.
14031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/17/13


im going to study over in japan soon-- in few months~~ for university ;p so i am trying to learn as much as i can before going there without getting so lost~~~
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 3/17/13 , edited 3/17/13

xtangle wrote:



im going to study over in japan soon-- in few months~~ for university ;p so i am trying to learn as much as i can before going there without getting so lost~~~


Even better! Immersed is best! Speak, hear, read, write, Japanese all day if you can. I lived and worked in Japan, loved it!
14031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/17/13 , edited 3/17/13


i am trying out first for some scholarship-- ill have to wait till next year on april to enter cose i passed the dead line already-> so i will take the time i stay in japan to continue studying japanese before starting the university-- then all is gona be easier i have to take the entrance exams and some scholarships exams ;o but im very comfused about how things work--> my father kept telling me its almost impossible to study in japan-- they only let the best of the best in xD and that got me very discouraged but somethin doesnt sound so right ;o but i keep studying and stuff ;p pretty expensive there no? ;o i am currently saving just to make sure ill survive xD
1443 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / United State Of A...
Offline
Posted 3/17/13
I can pick up on things when I am listening to someone speaking but I could not have a conversation. I really want to learn though.
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 3/17/13 , edited 3/17/13

xtangle wrote:



i am trying out first for some scholarship-- ill have to wait till next year on april to enter cose i passed the dead line already-> so i will take the time i stay in japan to continue studying japanese before starting the university-- then all is gona be easier i have to take the entrance exams and some scholarships exams ;o but im very comfused about how things work--> my father kept telling me its almost impossible to study in japan-- they only let the best of the best in xD and that got me very discouraged but somethin doesnt sound so right ;o but i keep studying and stuff ;p pretty expensive there no? ;o i am currently saving just to make sure ill survive xD


Do your best! If nothing else, getting to live in Japan is wonderful so enjoy yourself and take advantage of the opportunity.

Work paid my expenses which is good as the apartment rental in Akasaka, Tokyo was ¥750000/month!!! With exchange $7500/month I guess at the time. Food wasn't that bad actually.


AnastasiaTaryn wrote:

I can pick up on things when I am listening to someone speaking but I could not have a conversation. I really want to learn though.


Conversation is actually easier than anime dialogue which is very fast.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.