First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Do you have a twin?
21510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/8/13

kritter09 wrote:

i would rather have twins than be one.


same. I heard it's lucky to have twins.
17240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / USA, NY
Offline
Posted 3/8/13
I'm a twin and its similar to the poster except were identical. by that both in same college taking some of the same classes. My brother can be annoying at times but we mostly get along.
Posted 3/8/13
Emma Watson
2991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 3/8/13
Yup. He looked just like me. We were classified as mirror twins( I'm left handed, he's right).


I don't really know how. But I don't think we look the same anymore.But It still reassures me we are twins when people mistake me for hi or vice-versa.
Posted 3/8/13 , edited 3/8/13

Pennyonheads wrote:

I came back to mention something, and I wanted your take on it Chase. When I was in 7th grade another set of twins happened to transfer into the same school as my twin and I. I got to know them both quite well through Middle School. Once in High School they had both changed. They started hanging out with, well for the lack of a better term "the wrong crowd." They both got into drugs, and all that goes with that crowd. Well about 2 years ago the younger of the two died of an O.D.. It was sad.

Which arrives me to what I wanted your and any other twins take on Chase. The moment I heard that she had died, I had a really weird feeling. Not like I wanted to run to my twin and hug him or anything like that. I don't know how to explain it. I guess I had just never thought of it before. It just hit me hard. I know it wasn't from having a friend die though cause unfortunately one of my closer friends had a tragic dirt bike accident 6 years ago and it wasn't the same as this feeling. The only thing i could figure out was that I felt for her, but being a twin I really felt it for both the sisters. Any idea what I'm trying to say here? Ever felt that before?


Oh yeah I definitely get what you're saying. I really feel if someone lost a twin it'd be like 'losing their other half'. Like I said in my post below this one, if I lost my twin it would hit really hard. Just due to the fact that I have experienced absolutely every year of schooling (high school and college) with my twin. And as I'm sure you know high school can be so rough at times and going through everything with somebody brings you really close. Plus, and tell me if your twin ever does this, she can always tell if I'm in pain. Like it's so weird! I can't do the same for her but one day I was off at school and having a terrible day and I suddenly got a phone call from her asking: "How's your day going?". I asked her about it later and she said she just had a bad feeling that day. Lol i feel like such a butthole but I have never been able to have that 'ability' when it comes to her. She also knows like all my mannerisms. If I'm feeling shy, upset, etc. Also, I'm sure you and your twin are pretty dang close as well and you guys even shared a room so you were with each other even more. Haha funny you knew twins in high school because I knew a set of other twins too. None of them passed away thank goodness (although they actually did get with the wrong crowd as well).


PhyongHwa wrote:

No, but I did carry twins. One died early in the pregnancy. I'm not sure if I should say anything to the surviving twin....I heard stuff about surviving twins becoming depressed/suicidal when they find out they were part of a twin and one died....I also gave the surviving twin a double name, one was the name I would've given to his twin. I made his second name as Tomas, meaning "twin" in his twin's memory. His first name means "little warrior". He had to fight to live. He continues to fight because he has a condition, but he is overcoming it.


Dang, I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know how I'd feel if I found out I lost a twin (without ever knowing them) but I know if I lost my twin now I'd be crushed. I mean siblings are usually pretty close but twins seem to experience everything together or at least me and my sister did. We're still together at college taking mostly the same classes and everything.


bastet666 wrote:

i have a twin. his name is Bjorn and he lives in mine brain. he tells me to do weird things like light stuff on fire, watch porn, and brush the cats hair backwards.


Sweet! Could possibly be a mental disorder but badass nonetheless.


vantric wrote:

by what I understand every one has a twin or doppelganger after all app. 6 trillion people almost as many supposed cells we have in our body vs. the number of possible gene sequences. so two like people have to exist geneticly in something like a lottery they may be as different as night and day (mean\ kind) (fat\skinny) (short\ tall) (sick\ healthy) accounting for nature vs. nurture.


^Haha true, I thought about that. But I mean the 'twin' in the sense they popped out of the same mom.


sunmasta93 wrote:

To be honest, twins scare me. ALOT. I might have a phobia. But, you and your sister might be alright for me. It's usually the ones who are identical that get to me.



Hahaha I know what you mean. ^ Identical twins are the mortal enemy of us fraternal twins.


starlightpriestess wrote:


kritter09 wrote:

i would rather have twins than be one.


same. I heard it's lucky to have twins.


^ hahaha I think my parents would disagree. Paying for two college degrees at the same time isn't too lucky or having to buy two cars at the same time. But they did get two badass children at the SAME time!!!!


Rezilin wrote:

I'm a twin and its similar to the poster except were identical. by that both in same college taking some of the same classes. My brother can be annoying at times but we mostly get along.


Which ones the 'smarter' twin? Hehe my twin is loads smarter so I just copy her homework in college like i did all thru high school. I'm more creative but for the classes I'm taking writing stories or painting a mural does nothing for me ha so she's my lifeline.
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F
Offline
Posted 3/8/13
Nope i wish i had a twin :\
27003 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / your mind
Offline
Posted 3/8/13
I want an identical twin who is exactly like me in every way, and then I would gloat that I am the better looking one all the time.
32929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 3/8/13 , edited 3/8/13
I have a twin sister. Honestly, no one is sure if we're Identical or Fraternal; the doctor couldn't make up his mind (at least, that's what we've been told). I'd say we do look a lot a like, but I think there are some differences. When people first meet us, it takes them a while to tell us part.
We're pretty modest in terms of looks, although she likes to say I'm prettier than she is. I think she's the cuter one, though.

My twin and I are a bit lucky, I'd suppose, as far as getting along goes. We're practically like best friends: we have very similar tastes and when we ever do get in fights, it quickly cools down within a couple of hours or so.
I like a wide range of anime, where she doesn't like so many as much.

We have hardly ever been in the same class together. That changed when we had block-scheduling for classes and once out of Elementary School. We went to different colleges, too; they were roughly six to seven hours apart. I went the farthest away, not because I wanted to get away, just that that particular college interested me more (that and I went to get reference on a book I was working on at the time).
We had to go on a leave of absence from college. We couldn't afford it anymore, since we (our parents) had to pay for four years in a span of two. Right now, we're both working to earn some money.

I like to think she's more book-smart and I'm more street-smart. She's definitely way more creative than me as well. I'm more out going than she is.
Edited: I forgot to mention she's Left handed while I'm Right handed. We're sort of like mirror twins.

When we were younger, we joked about getting married to twins.


I have heard that the chances of having fraternal twins goes up the older the woman gets, like before menopause kicks in.
Our mom was in her forties when she had us.
Posted 3/8/13 , edited 3/8/13

blodwedd wrote:

I have a twin sister. Honestly, no one is sure if we're Identical or Fraternal; the doctor couldn't make up his mind (at least, that's what we've been told). I'd say we do look a lot a like, but I think there are some differences. When people first meet us, it takes them a while to tell us part.
We're pretty modest in terms of looks, although she likes to say I'm prettier than she is. I think she's the cuter one, though.

My twin and I are a bit lucky, I'd suppose, as far as getting along goes. We're practically like best friends: we have very similar tastes and when we ever do get in fights, it quickly cools down within a couple of hours or so.
I like a wide range of anime, where she doesn't like so many as much.

We have hardly ever been in the same class together. That changed when we had block-scheduling for classes and once out of Elementary School. We went to different colleges, too; they were roughly six to seven hours apart. I went the farthest away, not because I wanted to get away, just that that particular college interested me more (that and I went to get reference on a book I was working on at the time).
We had to go on a leave of absence from college. We couldn't afford it anymore, since we (our parents) had to pay for four years in a span of two. Right now, we're both working to earn some money.

I like to think she's more book-smart and I'm more street-smart. She's definitely way more creative than me as well. I'm more out going than she is.
Edited: I forgot to mention she's Left handed while I'm Right handed. We're sort of like mirror twins.

When we were younger, we joked about getting married to twins.


I have heard that the chances of having fraternal twins goes up the older the woman gets, like before menopause kicks in.
Our mom was in her forties when she had us.


Hmmmm...that's interesting that they couldn't tell you if you guys were fraternal or identical. No worries though, because the 'twin' bond is always there. But was it really hard moving so far away from your twin for that span of time? If I ever had to go far away from mine I would probably like it at first because we've been together nonstop for 20 years but then again I'd probably feel really lonely eventually. I mean, even though she drives me crazy everyday she's still my best friend really. And our mom had us 'late' too. Not when she was 40 but i think it was at about 32. My parents got married late and got started late on having their best 'package' of kids ever! I feel ya on the college thing too. Things definitely get rough when a pair of kids gets sent to college at the same time. Me and my twin are currently in college and the family has definitely been having to watch their expenses pretty hard. Haha and the crazy thing is me and my twin are both left-handed in writing. Although when it comes to sports like baseball throwing and catching or whatever we use different hands. That would be awesome to marry another set of twins!

17779 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 3/8/13
I have a twin, not sure if we're identical or fraternal. I personally think we're fraternal, but we look similar enough that some people find us difficult to tell apart. I think we looked more similar when we were younger (I find it difficult to tell us apart in a fair number of early pictures). Even now, though, it's not uncommon for people to ask if we're twins.

We get along well, perhaps too well (though our parents were probably thankful for that while raising us).
A friend we met at college felt it was a good thing when one of us transferred to a different college, said it'd be good for us to spend some time apart. I think he found it a bit disturbing when we'd simultaneously say the same exact thing during a conversation.

He may have had a point, but we did spend a fair amount of time in different classes early on, possibly because the teachers didn't want to get confused with us. Of course, once they started offering advanced classes, they couldn't do that anymore.

We do have our arguments like anybody else, but they are not common and tend to be resolved quickly.
Still, there's probably nothing more annoying than a twin that wants to annoy you.
Posted 3/8/13 , edited 3/8/13

ahatestory wrote:


Still, there's probably nothing more annoying than a twin that wants to annoy you.


Haha true that. ^ The reason my twin can annoy me the best is because she knows EVERYTHING about me. Like how I act when I'm nervous, upset, and what I'm sensitive too. So she uses this to tease me when I'm nervous and it drives me crazy lol.

16916 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 3/8/13 , edited 3/8/13
i have a twin we are fraternal but we look pretty alike, for some reason people cant tell us apart even after all this time in school lol.. its not as fun as everyone thinks hahah but that depends on who your twin is i suppose
39659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Southern Oregon
Offline
Posted 3/8/13 , edited 3/8/13
No though when I was little I really wished I had a twin. I secretly wished the stories that my brother told me about me being adopted where true, because that way I could have a twin and just not realize it!

I may not have a twin, but in high school I had a friend that looked a lot like me (so a doppelganger then?) We didn't think we looked alike but people would always mistake us for each other even our mutual friends. It was always a little strange when people I had never talked to before would come up and talk to me like they knew me and then a few minutes later would say, "Oh your not Kelly, sorry."
17083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Tennessee
Offline
Posted 3/9/13
I'm sorry if I made you sad or anything with my last post. now that I think about it, it's kind of a weird subject to bring up out of no where. Sorry. It's honestly the first time I've spoken to a twin since it's happened (to my knowledge). I know what you mean when you say you know your twin so well. I may have mentioned getting along with older brother better, but aside from my wife I know my twin better then I do anyone.

Also I've never experienced the pain thing, and neither has my twin, at least he has never told me about it if he has. However he swears up and down that he knows when I've been angry. He says it makes his forehead burn. LOL, I can't help but laugh, but he has actually called me out on it before and been correct. I had been super angry at something another earlier in the day the few times he has mentioned it. I'm much calmer now though so his head prolly doesn't burn as much.
Posted 3/9/13
Do I have a twin? I have an evil twin.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.