Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Do having to get shots scare you?
13945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Sembach AFB, Germany
Offline
Posted 3/8/13

chase6565 wrote:


ChinaCat89 wrote:

When I was younger I was terrified of needles. I've had many surgeries done and I needed to have blood taken each time and then have an Intravenous needle afterwards. Having to deal with that has made me used to it so it doesn't bother me anymore.


Geez I know that had to suck. I've had to get one IV in my life and it sucked. Especially due to the fact my nurse had to dig for a while to get my vein. I've never had to have blood taken though, thank goodness. Much bro respect lol.


Before you go to basic training.... your usually given the peanut butter shot. Its....... the worst ever.
4388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Earth
Offline
Posted 3/8/13
They used to but not anymore. I think more people are afraid of the needle instead of the actual shot. I get my blood drawn eveytime I go to the hospital (which is a lot) so it doesn't bother me.
Wihl 
14543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
L5
Offline
Posted 3/8/13
Please go to this page to find out what is in your shots. http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/default.htm . Follow the links.

As for thimerosal / mercury, see http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/SafetyAvailability/VaccineSafety/ucm096228.htm#t1 .

The FDA is a good reference if you want to know.

I don't like shots either.
Posted 3/8/13 , edited 3/8/13

Wihl wrote:

Please go to this page to find out what is in your shots. http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/default.htm . Follow the links.

As for thimerosal / mercury, see http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/SafetyAvailability/VaccineSafety/ucm096228.htm#t1 .

The FDA is a good reference if you want to know.

I don't like shots either.


^ I'm kind of afraid to look at those links. I'm getting the shots in like a week. Are shots actually bad for you or something?


Godoka1 wrote:

No, I am not a 11 year old, like everyone here.


Bro next time you post you should totally use the [badass][/badass] brackets for your sentences.
2673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Sexual Chocolate
Offline
Posted 3/8/13
Shots are only scary in excess. Oh you meant the other kind of shots.

Needles creep me the fuck out. Just the thought of it is enough to make me feel uncomfortable.
Posted 3/8/13

Pomff wrote:

Shots are only scary in excess. Oh you meant the other kind of shots.



Hahaha I had to re read your post like ten times to get the joke. For a sec there I was like wtf? But yeah I've decided when I get my shots this week I'm gonna take it like a badass. Then I"ll make my mom buy me a shizload of chocolate cake to cheer me up.

26 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
113 / M
Offline
Posted 3/8/13
I have no problem watching a needle go into my own arm at all, but watching someone else use a needle creeps me out.
121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / US South Carolina
Offline
Posted 3/8/13
no problem with the needle same with watching but what is in the serenge with all the warnings deaths excetera makes me want to pass out sometimes
25159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Oregon
Offline
Posted 3/8/13 , edited 3/8/13
Shots from a typical nurse or doctor don't bother me. I'm also experienced with giving IM and subcutaneous injections, but I have to do an IM injection every two weeks on myself and it can sometimes freak me out a lot more than giving one, especially after having nicked veins on myself a couple times (causes quite a bit initial bleeding.)
775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 3/9/13
I have no problem giving people shots but.. try to give me one and I'd freak out. I just close my eyes or look away, I don't even look at the needle :c
9475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Latitude: 30.7530...
Offline
Posted 3/9/13
No, even when I was little I actually wanted to see them inject me , It felt cool if that makes sense.
15716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / California
Offline
Posted 3/9/13
Getting immunizations and IVs don't scare me one bit, prolly because I'm use to it now. Whenever I have my blood work done, I always watch the phlebotomist as he/she finds my vein, puts the needle in, and draws my blood.

Getting staples and stitches removed makes me a bit anxious though. I passed out after having my sutures removed after one of my surgeries, mainly because it hurt like hell & I was going thru that whole fight-or-flight mode on an empty stomach (low blood sugar). Surprisingly, I didn't pass out after having all of my staples and stitches removed from my ankle/leg after my surgery to fix my broken bones
4427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 3/9/13
I love penetration.
20658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/9/13 , edited 3/9/13


I would be taken more by your argument if you had a source that actually quoted typical quantities that are found in various vaccines, and the affects of that specific quantity rather than just a vague presence and effect argument.
As it stands your argument is the equivalent of me saying "there is some carbon monoxide in the air, carbon monoxide can damage red blood cells, therefore you should stop breathing air".

Back to the main point, I'm not afraid of injections.
2509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Wherever the wind...
Offline
Posted 3/9/13
Not anymore ever since I became one of my roommate's subjects for practicing blood collection. Ah, the things I do for free ice cream.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.