Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply The Drone Debate
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/8/13
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/03/08/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-drone-debate-in-one-faq/

What constitutes a terrorist?

Can US citizens be classified as terrorists? If so, why do they need to outside of the US in order to be killed? Why can't they be killed in the US just like the innocent civilians overseas that have been killed in this "war on terrorism"?

What is the reasoning behind this hypocrisy?
Posted 3/8/13 , edited 3/8/13

ter·ror·ism [ter-uh-riz-uhm]
noun
1.
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.


Yes they can.

Because 'Murricans don't like killing 'Murricans.

The innocent civilians that are killed are either killed through bombing, missles, or cross fire. We don't bomb our own city streets. We don't shoot missles at our own city streetss. We rarely have shoot outs involving automatic weapons on our own city streets.
14485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F
Offline
Posted 3/8/13
Anyone who is not in a trance can see the US is being conditioned to accept police state tactics, decisions, and outcomes and it is accelerating. If people thought Bush was a fascist, Obama should keep them awake at night.
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/8/13

Ink-e wrote:


ter·ror·ism [ter-uh-riz-uhm]
noun
1.
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.



So why shouldn't the government use drones to kill every American citizen that is a bully?
Posted 3/8/13
Oh, right. They should definitely go and kill half (Or more) of the population of their country. That'll definitely not cause a revolt of any kind.

They try to go as far as they possibly can while still maintaining the support of the majority.
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/8/13

Ink-e wrote:

Oh, right. They should definitely go and kill half (Or more) of the population of their country. That'll definitely not cause a revolt of any kind.

They try to go as far as they possibly can while still maintaining the support of the majority.


Yes, they should because it is only fair to the millions of innocent people that have died at the hands of the government over the years. They owe it to the majority of the population to kill any threats. A revolt is no big deal, just kill the rebels with the army of drones.
Posted 3/8/13
They owe it to dead people to make more dead people.

Pure brilliance.
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/8/13

Ink-e wrote:

They owe it to dead people to make more dead people.

Pure brilliance.


And thus, you see the pure ridiculousness that is government.
Posted 3/8/13 , edited 3/8/13
No, I saw the pure ridiculousness of your logic. The government isn't doing that.

Though the government is pretty shitty at times.
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/8/13

Ink-e wrote:

No, I saw the pure ridiculousness of your logic. The government isn't doing that.

Though the government is pretty shitty at times.


Then explain what the government is doing. How is it not hypocrisy?
Posted 3/8/13
I wasn't saying it's not hypocritical. I was saying they're not blowing up U.S. citizens within the U.S.

Most of the U.S. Foreign policy is ridiculously hypocritical.
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/8/13

Ink-e wrote:

I wasn't saying it's not hypocritical. I was saying they're not blowing up U.S. citizens within the U.S.

Most of the U.S. Foreign policy is ridiculously hypocritical.


And what I am asking is why don't they blow up U.S. citizens within the U.S.? If they want to establish a utilitarian nation, they should "trim the fat", so to speak, that is weighing down the nation as a whole.
Posted 3/8/13
Because that's worked so well in the past. Beautifully in Russia. Fantastically in Germany.

How about no.
14485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F
Offline
Posted 3/8/13

lordseth23 wrote:



So why shouldn't the government use drones to kill every American citizen that is a bully?


Kill US citizens with no regard for the rule of law and due process? Just because there are bad people out there doing bad things that does not give our government the green light to do the same . . . and these principles never change over time. If government moves itself from the moral high ground on the rule of law and due process, even to "keep us safe", democracy has ended.
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/8/13

trinkit wrote:


Kill US citizens with no regard for the rule of law and due process? Just because there are bad people out there doing bad things that does not give our government the green light to do the same . . . and these principles never change over time. If government moves itself from the moral high ground on the rule of law and due process, even to "keep us safe", democracy has ended.


What makes you think that the government is even close to being on moral high ground on the rule of law and due process? Why does it need to be hypocritical?
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.