Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Organ donation
7322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / in my living room...
Offline
Posted 3/9/13

Mono-no-Aware wrote:


ShanHikari wrote:

I knew several paramedics who claimed that having an organ donor sticker if you're boarder line sometimes they don't try as hard to save your life. Why would they when someone else, perhaps someone younger, who hasn't lived as much life as you have, could use them. After seeing medical school and the ethics that are implied there, I'd have to agree that I wouldn't put it past them... Sad but true. This is why my license is sticker free and will remain so for all time and eternity.


Retarded views like that allow tens of thousands of people to die each year who could have been saved were it not for ridiculous notions like that.


If a paramedic told me they acted this way, I would report it immediately. After I got done, they would not have a job anymore.
602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / The Golden State
Offline
Posted 3/9/13 , edited 3/9/13
I'm an organ donor! Sadly when I got my M1 license I forgot to check off the box so I don't have the pink sticker on it, but as soon as I got home that day I registered online

I want the rest of me cremated and put in a coffee tin, though.
18619 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 3/9/13

TheAetheus wrote:

I'm an organ donor, don't need all that when I'm dead after all, might as well go to extending someone else's life


Exactly.
mipegg 
16320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Online
Posted 3/9/13

Okami-Amaterasu wrote:

I'm an organ donor! Sadly when I got my M1 license I forgot to check off the box so I don't have the pink sticker on it, but as soon as I got home that day I registered online

I want the rest of me cremated and put in a coffee tin, though.


A coffee tin for any reason specifically?
23706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toledo
Offline
Posted 3/9/13

mhibicke wrote:

I am an organ donor. You see, once I'm dead I won't be using my body anymore.


Until you rise up from the earth as a zombie and realize you now feel sad and incomplete and are forced to hunt down those who were given your organs so that you may retrieve them.
22723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 3/9/13

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


mhibicke wrote:

I am an organ donor. You see, once I'm dead I won't be using my body anymore.


Until you rise up from the earth as a zombie and realize you now feel sad and incomplete and are forced to hunt down those who were given your organs so that you may retrieve them.


You mean during the Rapture? I'm not a Christian, so the whole "second coming" thing where the dead rise from the ground really freaks me out. Hopefully my loved ones will cremate me and I won't have to worry about reanimation. Although I am pretty lazy, so if I do become a zombie you will be able to find me gnawing on cold cuts in a kosher deli, not out hunting for brains.
maffoo 
62799 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / England
Offline
Posted 3/9/13
I'm on the organ donor register and I have a donor card. I'm all for organ donation, after all, why will I need the organs when I'm dead?

That said, I'm not sure I like the idea of receiving someone else's organs, though unless I actually need to I don't know how I would feel
602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / The Golden State
Offline
Posted 3/9/13 , edited 3/9/13

mipegg wrote:


Okami-Amaterasu wrote:

I'm an organ donor! Sadly when I got my M1 license I forgot to check off the box so I don't have the pink sticker on it, but as soon as I got home that day I registered online

I want the rest of me cremated and put in a coffee tin, though.


A coffee tin for any reason specifically?


I've been drinking coffee since I was 9, so it's pretty much one of the only constants in my life! I LOVE it, it makes me happy so I want what's left of me to be "at rest" inside of a coffe tin. It may sound silly, but that's where I want my ashes to hang out.
mipegg 
16320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Online
Posted 3/9/13

Okami-Amaterasu wrote:


mipegg wrote:


Okami-Amaterasu wrote:

I'm an organ donor! Sadly when I got my M1 license I forgot to check off the box so I don't have the pink sticker on it, but as soon as I got home that day I registered online

I want the rest of me cremated and put in a coffee tin, though.


A coffee tin for any reason specifically?


I've been drinking coffee since I was 9, so it's pretty much one of the only constants in my life! I LOVE it, it makes me happy so I want what's left of me to be "at rest" inside of a coffe tin. It may sound silly, but that's where I want my ashes to hang out.


Who cares, the silly things are nearly always the best ones!

Personally I dont want there to be anything left, use it all. Organs/skin/eyes/whatever to people who can use it, tissues/limbs/cadavar to med science, dont even really care about a tomb stone or whatever. If people need a piece of stone to remember me they clearly weren't all that close to me in the first place
602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / The Golden State
Offline
Posted 3/9/13

mipegg wrote:


Okami-Amaterasu wrote:


mipegg wrote:


Okami-Amaterasu wrote:

I'm an organ donor! Sadly when I got my M1 license I forgot to check off the box so I don't have the pink sticker on it, but as soon as I got home that day I registered online

I want the rest of me cremated and put in a coffee tin, though.


A coffee tin for any reason specifically?


I've been drinking coffee since I was 9, so it's pretty much one of the only constants in my life! I LOVE it, it makes me happy so I want what's left of me to be "at rest" inside of a coffe tin. It may sound silly, but that's where I want my ashes to hang out.


Who cares, the silly things are nearly always the best ones!

Personally I dont want there to be anything left, use it all. Organs/skin/eyes/whatever to people who can use it, tissues/limbs/cadavar to med science, dont even really care about a tomb stone or whatever. If people need a piece of stone to remember me they clearly weren't all that close to me in the first place


I get where you're coming from, but the idea that my body is still around when I'm not kind of freaks me out! I thought about donating it, too, but I'm not completely comfortable with it! Really cool that you want to donate everything, though!
39887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / colorful colorado
Offline
Posted 3/9/13
Am a organ donation because, I won't need them anymore when I'm dead. Hopefully most of my organ will be usable. When I die I want a pizza party.
mipegg 
16320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Online
Posted 3/9/13


I really made the thread because so many people intend on doing it and never sign up, the fact I've been able to give the website to sign up to about 5 people alone makes it worth things. I guess since I dont care at all what happens after Im dead (no religious belief, dont think theres anything there) means that the logical thing is to make sure as little is wasted! That or they can atleast turn me into fertiliser

602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / The Golden State
Offline
Posted 3/9/13 , edited 3/9/13


Or you could turn into a tree, or at least your remains can help make one!

http://www.martinazua.com/eng/eng/bios-urn/
mipegg 
16320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Online
Posted 3/9/13

Okami-Amaterasu wrote:



Or you could turn into a tree, or at least your remains can help make one!

http://www.martinazua.com/eng/eng/bios-urn/


Thats actually really cool, and alot nicer than some scummy piece of stone as a gravestone!
23706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toledo
Offline
Posted 3/9/13

mhibicke wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


mhibicke wrote:

I am an organ donor. You see, once I'm dead I won't be using my body anymore.


Until you rise up from the earth as a zombie and realize you now feel sad and incomplete and are forced to hunt down those who were given your organs so that you may retrieve them.


You mean during the Rapture? I'm not a Christian, so the whole "second coming" thing where the dead rise from the ground really freaks me out. Hopefully my loved ones will cremate me and I won't have to worry about reanimation. Although I am pretty lazy, so if I do become a zombie you will be able to find me gnawing on cold cuts in a kosher deli, not out hunting for brains.


I know nothing about the rapture and all of that stuff. Is that really what it's supposed to be all about?

I think I would go with cremation just because it is cheaper. I don't know if I would really mind being a zombie or not but a cheap death is always good. I wouldn't care if they stuffed me in a fireplace to make it free. I don't need money spent on me when I'm dead.

As for the whole hunting for brains thing, I never really understood that concept. I mean, if a zombie eats the brain of a human and they turn into a zombie how is shooting them in the head supposed to kill them when they no longer have a brain? I much prefer my zombies to not have a preferential body part or organ. It just makes more sense if they rip someone apart and don't care what they are wolfing down.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.