First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Anime with the worst ending
24877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 3/13/13
gantz
cowboy bebop rip off big time
18772 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / I don't know??
Offline
Posted 3/13/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


keknight wrote:

School days first one to come to mind then
Guilty crown first season ended a lot better
A dark rabbit has seven lives ended in the middle of the anime.
Sekirei ended in the middle of the entire anime


What do you mean by "ended in the middle" with Sekirei and A Dark Rabbit has Seven Lives?


It felt as if there's suppost to be more like in A Dark Rabbit has Seven Lives they didn't finish nothing like the prophecy and all that stuff and sekirei the story was about to end then they add something new to the story to make it even longer then just finished it without achiving nothing new.
Have you seen the 2 shows if you watch them then you will understand wat i mean.
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 3/13/13 , edited 3/13/13

LordBaka wrote:

gantz
cowboy bebop rip off big time


Are you saying Gantz is a Cowboy Bebop rip off? If so, how do you know? Personally, I highly doubt that.



keknight wrote:

It felt as if there's suppost to be more like in A Dark Rabbit has Seven Lives they didn't finish nothing like the prophecy and all that stuff and sekirei the story was about to end then they add something new to the story to make it even longer then just finished it without achiving nothing new.
Have you seen the 2 shows if you watch them then you will understand wat i mean.


I can see what you're saying, I think. With A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives, you say that they left parts of the plot open and didn't really bother with finishing them, and with Sekirei they added (I'm guessing?) filler content to flush out the story that didn't really accomplish anything plot-wise?

I haven't seen A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives but I have seen Sekirei (in fact, I own both seasons 1 & 2 on DVD/Blu-ray) and for that, what they did is go out of order from the manga. For instance, an arc that was supposed to be later in the story was closer to the beginning in the anime, or, some events were altered in the anime and didn't follow the manga (which, it is an adaptation after all, it doesn't have to follow the source material 100% percent of the time). Is that what you mean or?





dracphelan wrote:

I think I can answer this for him. Both series ended in the middle of the overall story. Luckily, at least with Sekirei, you can pick up on it in the Manga.


You mean, the anime ended in the middle of the manga story, which is still ongoing past that point (that is, of course, if it was adapted from a manga)?
20536 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/13/13
gantz for me, i wish it was more sadder.
32462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:

dracphelan wrote:

I think I can answer this for him. Both series ended in the middle of the overall story. Luckily, at least with Sekirei, you can pick up on it in the Manga.


You mean, the anime ended in the middle of the manga story, which is still ongoing past that point (that is, of course, if it was adapted from a manga)?


In Sekirei, there is an actual end point to the story. A large part of the story is that there is supposed to be an ongoing fighting competition which results in only one Sekirei left standing at the end. The anime ended in the middle of that competition with a lot of unresolved questions. And, it was adapted from the manga. Since the manga is still being produced, I'm hoping we will eventually see a new season.

52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 3/13/13 , edited 3/13/13

mynorbird wrote:

gantz for me, i wish it was more sadder.


How so? Everyone participating in the Gantz game is



dracphelan wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:

dracphelan wrote:

I think I can answer this for him. Both series ended in the middle of the overall story. Luckily, at least with Sekirei, you can pick up on it in the Manga.


You mean, the anime ended in the middle of the manga story, which is still ongoing past that point (that is, of course, if it was adapted from a manga)?


In Sekirei, there is an actual end point to the story. A large part of the story is that there is supposed to be an ongoing fighting competition which results in only one Sekirei left standing at the end. The anime ended in the middle of that competition with a lot of unresolved questions. And, it was adapted from the manga. Since the manga is still being produced, I'm hoping we will eventually see a new season.



Oh I know all that, but I thought he meant, for instance, the actual story (plot-advancement?) ended in the middle of the story (like episode six of the second season, for example). Also, I thought a third season was hinted at. Unrelated, but Heaven's Lost Property is green-lit for a third season - that was announced awhile back. Maybe if that show got one, maybe Sekirei would too? Ikki Tousen (similar to Sekirei) got around, what, four seasons? If that show got four seasons or more, then maybe Sekirei (which, arguably, is better) will get a new season. Then again, it all depends on sales.
29140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Fort Bragg, NC
Offline
Posted 3/13/13
Phi Brain and Hayate No Gotoku.
Reasons=

Phi Brain- Anti-climactic ending when the rest of the story had amazing puzzles. The final puzzle was just---- lame.
Hayate No Gotoku- Can you say "character progression?" I would like to see the main character have something change in 70+ episodes.
24877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 3/13/13 , edited 3/13/13
gantz ending so ripps off how cowboy bebeop eneded if you see how both end then you would know
i not saying its a ripp of story wise
what he does at the end is a ripp off and the anime could have been a lot longer
it was a good show they should have kept going instead of ending it
14805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 3/13/13
You don't know a bad ending until you've seen Air Gear.
29140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Fort Bragg, NC
Offline
Posted 3/13/13

-Elo- wrote:

You don't know a bad ending until you've seen Air Gear.


I don't mind how Air Gear ended. I am actually Cosplaying as Ikki at convention soon.
30356 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / in the last place...
Offline
Posted 3/13/13
Spice and Wolf. It just ends without giving any real closure
24614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/13

shadow21k wrote:

Spice and Wolf. It just ends without giving any real closure
That's the problem with anime adaptations that don't adapt the full work. Generally speaking most of these types of shows have an unsatisfying ending because the stories aren't meant to leave off where they do. Someone else mentioned Umineko which is one of the worst offenders of this type because just like Higurashi the first half of the story isn't even supposed to make any sense without the second half of the story.

I don't think that incompletely adapted shows can qualify for the worst ending though. Partly due to the fact that they don't in fact have an ending in anime form, and since they usually do in another format I can give them a pass as its just unfortunate rather than being a crappy end in its own right.

I'll have to think a bit on what I consider the worst "legit" ending though. The original FMA ending was pretty lackluster though. I didn't mind most of the studio created material that was done for the show, but it lost a bit of coherency at the end and became kind of half assed.

30356 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / in the last place...
Offline
Posted 3/13/13

AsahinaInu wrote:


shadow21k wrote:

Spice and Wolf. It just ends without giving any real closure
That's the problem with anime adaptations that don't adapt the full work. Generally speaking most of these types of shows have an unsatisfying ending because the stories aren't meant to leave off where they do. Someone else mentioned Umineko which is one of the worst offenders of this type because just like Higurashi the first half of the story isn't even supposed to make any sense without the second half of the story.

I don't think that incompletely adapted shows can qualify for the worst ending though. Partly due to the fact that they don't in fact have an ending in anime form, and since they usually do in another format I can give them a pass as its just unfortunate rather than being a crappy end in its own right.

I'll have to think a bit on what I consider the worst "legit" ending though. The original FMA ending was pretty lackluster though. I didn't mind most of the studio created material that was done for the show, but it lost a bit of coherency at the end and became kind of half assed.



I understand what you're saying and for the most part I agree with you. But I'm not saying the ending itself was crappy just the way it ended. It just left my with an empty feeling. When I finish an anime (or any kind of media) that I put many hours into just to feel cheated of any real ending and pretty much told to go somewhere else to finish the story just doesn't sit right with me. And I know things happen that are beyond anyone control and sometimes these things just can't be finish but I still can't help but to feel a little cheated.
4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/13

AsahinaInu wrote:


I'll have to think a bit on what I consider the worst "legit" ending though. The original FMA ending was pretty lackluster though. I didn't mind most of the studio created material that was done for the show, but it lost a bit of coherency at the end and became kind of half assed.





The original one if I'm correct is where the brothers turned their mother into ethanol at the end right? That one is FRICKING AWESOME, you have no idea what you are saying bra. I dropped the newer one half way because it is drag-ass long
4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/13

shadow21k wrote:

Spice and Wolf. It just ends without giving any real closure




I think the anime adaption is based on a few chapters of the manga, and what the gentleman above said is that the anime don't always follow manga completely. Anyway from what I know is that the manga is completed so you might want to start reading the manga which does continues off where the anime stopped.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.