First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Anime with the worst ending
24614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/13 , edited 3/13/13

shadow21k wrote:



I understand what you're saying and for the most part I agree with you. But I'm not saying the ending itself was crappy just the way it ended. It just left my with an empty feeling. When I finish an anime (or any kind of media) that I put many hours into just to feel cheated of any real ending and pretty much told to go somewhere else to finish the story just doesn't sit right with me. And I know things happen that are beyond anyone control and sometimes these things just can't be finish but I still can't help but to feel a little cheated.
Oh yeah totally. Knowing the anime industry I'm biting my nails half the time when a season ends just hoping it will get continued. Oftentimes my reaction for the way a show abruptly ends isn't even tied to how well or poor they tied things up, but to my level of investment in the show. Just like you I hold Spice and Wolf in high regard, and the fact that it wasn't continued hit me hard regardless of how clean or not the second season ended. I honestly can't fathom know why that series wasn't continued.
24614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/13 , edited 3/13/13

DeckardXLeah wrote:

The original one if I'm correct is where the brothers turned their mother into ethanol at the end right? That one is FRICKING AWESOME, you have no idea what you are saying bra. I dropped the newer one half way because it is drag-ass long
Meh. To each their own. I thought that the end of the show was incredibly lukewarm, although like I said before I did like some of the studio created plot. Lust was a lot more interesting in FMA compared to Brotherhood, probably because the studio thought that she was important as she is the first homunculus that appears in the story, so they developed an interesting story for her, when she has little development in Brotherhood as she isn't in it very long. The emotional impact of Hughes'death and the abominable act by Tucker also hit harder in the first series as well. The slower pacing of the initial part of FMA allows one to know and get attached to the characters better.

You might have found Brotherhood to be dragging from only watching the first half as you had to sit through a bunch of the retelling of the story that was told in the first series before the studio took over rather than wait for the manga to continue. I find it kind of humorous that you claim that I don't know what I am saying when I both own and have actually watched both series several times when you haven't even watched most of Brotherhood. I suggest you give it a try again.

Either way I still think that the ending to FMA as a whole was rather meh. I actually do like the series though. If you think the ending was great, you might want to expand your horizons in anime a bit. I only say that because your slew of recent posts and threads seem to indicate that you haven't watched very much anime.

13499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / USA
Offline
Posted 3/13/13
Kamisama Dolls. It ended with a promise of a continuation that never happened. Plus the manga is behind the anime in translation so it is quite possible it will remain in Japanese.
4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/13 , edited 3/13/13

AsahinaInu wrote:


DeckardXLeah wrote:

The original one if I'm correct is where the brothers turned their mother into ethanol at the end right? That one is FRICKING AWESOME, you have no idea what you are saying bra. I dropped the newer one half way because it is drag-ass long
Meh. To each their own. I thought that the end of the show was incredibly lukewarm, although like I said before I did like some of the studio created plot. Lust was a lot more interesting in FMA compared to Brotherhood, probably because the studio thought that she was important as she is the first homunculus that appears in the story, so they developed an interesting story for her, when she has little development in Brotherhood as she isn't in it very long. The emotional impact of Hughes'death and the abominable act by Tucker also hit harder in the first series as well. The slower pacing of the initial part of FMA allows one to know and get attached to the characters better.

You might have found Brotherhood to be dragging from only watching the first half as you had to sit through a bunch of the retelling of the story that was told in the first series before the studio took over rather than wait for the manga to continue. I find it kind of humorous that you claim that I don't know what I am saying when I both own and have actually watched both series several times when you haven't even watched most of Brotherhood. I suggest you give it a try again.

Either way I still think that the ending to FMA as a whole was rather meh. I actually do like the series though. If you think the ending was great, you might want to expand your horizons in anime a bit. I only say that because your slew of recent posts and threads seem to indicate that you haven't watched very much anime.




Question so what happens to their father in the first FMA?
24614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/13 , edited 3/13/13

DeckardXLeah wrote:

Question so what happens to their father in the first FMA?
Sounds a bit combative to me. Hope that wasn't your intention. Are you trying to test me to see if I am lying about actually watching the show? Not sure what the point would be in me doing so. It doesn't make sense if you look at it logically. I was the first to post that I didn't like the FMA ending. It wasn't a response to anyone agreeing with them or arguing with them. There would be no reason for me to post that I didn't like it unless I had actually seen it and didn't like it.

As to the question, I'm pretty sure the last we saw of him in the anime he was left in our world in Germany. Its been a long time since I've watched the original run though so I can't be completely sure if that was the last we saw of him in the anime or if that happened in Conquerer of Shamballa..Like I said though the ending of that anime was rather lackluster and rather all over the place for me so it kind of melts my brain to watch it, so I can't be 100% sure on that. I'm not sure what giving that answer proves though as II could easily look it up on the internet.

Just because I thought the original run had a poor ending doesn't mean I didn't watch it. I actually remember clearly when I started watching it probably more clearly than any other anime I've ever watched other than ones I've started watched recently. It was in the first or second week of October in 2005 when I was randomly flipping channels in the middle of the night in a hotel I was staying at in Anaheim on a trip to Disneyland, when I ran across it playing on Adult Swim on the CN. I watched a handful of episodes over the course of a few nights as they were running mini marathons and decided that it seemed pretty cool so I started picking up the DVD's when I got back from my trip.

Since you were asking about the first run though, I'm curious to see how far you actually got in Brotherhood in return, since stopping "halfway" is usually used by people in an abstract fashion, meaning it could be anywhere from episode 2 on. Did you watch anything past the stuff that was covered in the first FMA? The first 13 or 14 episodes are almost entirely stuff that was in the original run, as the two story's branched pretty much directly after Greed was taken down by Bradley in the sewers, and I can understand how boring those episodes might feel to someone who watched the original series.
22073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 3/14/13
Magikano
16376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Connecticut
Offline
Posted 3/14/13
I've never liked a Bleach ending, but then again I quit Bleach after the bazillionth filler season
Naunix 
9878 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 3/15/13
kmfcm 
24827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 3/15/13
X/1999 TV series

Deus Ex Machina crap

32462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Offline
Posted 3/15/13 , edited 3/15/13

Naunix wrote:



31089 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Ozone
Offline
Posted 3/15/13
Berserk-what the hell? Just when things got ultra interesting-wham, bam-no continuation of the series or closure.They at least should have given the fans ova or a movie to tie it all up
Posted 3/15/13
i'm afraid to watch clannad the after story... I'm not really fond of how Full Metal Alchemist ended.
16686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 3/15/13
Skip Beat Anime sucked ballsacks.
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 3/15/13 , edited 3/15/13

stargazers7 wrote:

Berserk-what the hell? Just when things got ultra interesting-wham, bam-no continuation of the series or closure.They at least should have given the fans ova or a movie to tie it all up


They are. Actually, it is an adaptation of the whole manga in a set of movies. Also of note, the soundtrack is being done by Shiro Sagisu who did the OSTs for Evangelion, Bleach, and Magi.

The first three adaptations:

Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the King:



Berserk Golden Age Arc II: The Capture of Doldrey:



Berserk Golden Age Arc III: Descent:

Posted 3/15/13

fujiiiko wrote:

Is it just me that thought Sword Art Online's ending wasn't great?



well the anime sucked, what do you expect?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.