Post Reply So I notice that..
4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/13
For the anime "Demon King Daimon" here on CR has censors. Is it that CR has absolutely no adult anime?
49907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 3/13/13
Define adult anime.
4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:

Define adult anime.




Anything 18+


I like CR, in fact I love CR. I spend most of my time at work using the CR application for smartphone(very great app very smooth no bugs) I was watching Demon King Daimon the other day at work... and I notice the censor which isn't exactly a bad thing. It 's just that when I come home I have to watch everything again on another site which has the uncensored version.


I'm saying that I would had took the risk in watching the uncensored version of Demon King Daimon at work if CR offered the uncensored version.
49907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 3/13/13 , edited 3/13/13
Well Crunchyroll doesn't really control what version they are allowed to stream, it all depends on the license they acquire.
4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:

Well Crunchyroll doesn't really control what version they are allowed to stream, it all depends on the license they acquire.




But I want to know more of their policy, Do they not try to acquire the license for anime for older audience?


Excuse if I'm not speaking proper English.
64857 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Where the heart is
Online
Posted 3/13/13
Anything more than Demon King shows borders on Hentai
4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/13

NoBreyner wrote:

Anything more than Demon King shows borders on Hentai




Just great, this English dub version ruined it for me and I lost my boner. Why do they make the female protagonist sound like some 40 years old lady.(well at least it's uncensored)

Anyway it is 100% sure CR has nothing that is 18+? I just want a confirmation
21218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/13/13
Kanokon seems pretty 18+ at times.

Reminds me a bit of Girls Bravo.
Just a little more perverse.
One Punch Mod
49222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 3/13/13

DeckardXLeah wrote:

For the anime "Demon King Daimon" here on CR has censors. Is it that CR has absolutely no adult anime?


This question and related discussion comes up a lot. See:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-145795/anime-censorship?pg=4

There's also similar discussion and explanations in the So, I Can't Play H discussion topic.
The Wise Wizard
79315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 3/13/13

DeckardXLeah wrote:
Anyway it is 100% sure CR has nothing that is 18+? I just want a confirmation

As a general rule, anything originally acquired as a simulcast (like Demon King Daimao) will be the Japanese broadcast (not premium channel) version, and therefore censored. Anything acquired as a library title (like Kanokon or the original Queen's Blade series) are normally the DVD version, and therefore uncensored.

9312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 3/13/13

Sound_and_Light wrote:

Kanokon seems pretty 18+ at times.

Reminds me a bit of Girls Bravo.
Just a little more perverse.


Maybe becaus it's aimed at 18+ people.
Rating: R+ - Mild Nudity
13649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/13/13
Well, on Magi a while ago, there was a giant genie chick, shirtless with pierced nipples and visibly large boobs. NOTHING was censored. So it depends.... Perhaps the rings completely covered the nipples? I don't remember it very well. All I remember ... is blue tits.
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 3/13/13
Pretty sure CR doesn't have any policy against things as long is it isn't near H like material. That being said they sure could do a better job describing just how age appropriate a show is. There is very little to no details about the material you might encounter in a show on the website or apps. Seems slightly lazy but I don't really have a problem with it since I don't mind seeing some boobs here and there.
4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


DeckardXLeah wrote:
Anyway it is 100% sure CR has nothing that is 18+? I just want a confirmation

As a general rule, anything originally acquired as a simulcast (like Demon King Daimao) will be the Japanese broadcast (not premium channel) version, and therefore censored. Anything acquired as a library title (like Kanokon or the original Queen's Blade series) are normally the DVD version, and therefore uncensored.



Thanks I'll be watching Queen's Blade at work.

55763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 3/14/13

tommythecat wrote:

Pretty sure CR doesn't have any policy against things as long is it isn't near H like material. That being said they sure could do a better job describing just how age appropriate a show is. There is very little to no details about the material you might encounter in a show on the website or apps. Seems slightly lazy but I don't really have a problem with it since I don't mind seeing some boobs here and there.


Anime usually has no official rating so it would be very hard for CR to go and rate each show individually (Who gets to determine what is considered mature or not?). There are several websites out there that have rated each show using their own guidelines, but since they go by their guide lines the rating for a show can very depending on what website you look at.

There is no ESRB or MPAA for anime.

The only thing that I think CR could do is label the shows that are considered Mature by Apple's and Sony's guidelines since CR had to setup the Mature Content Filter to be able to watch the "Mature" shows on Apple and Sony devices.

You also have to consider the fact that CR streams shows worldwide and every country has their own standards for how they rate movies and tv shows. There are many commercials in France that would be given an "R" rating by the MPAA if they were released as a movie in the USA. You can see how hard it would be for CR to give a rating for every show they have for every country that the show is streamed in.
You must be logged in to post.