First  Prev  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  Next  Last
Post Reply Most Hated Anime
rita44 
15356 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / titan
Offline
Posted 4/19/13
There are some scene where they focus on their breast and thighs in Da capo which you may not agree but I think they were.


I agree with naruto also i got to say naruto is one of my favorites but one of my worst because of the god dam filters. HunterXHunter FTW
18108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Delaware
Offline
Posted 4/19/13 , edited 4/19/13
I typically either love an anime or drop it and forget it after the first 10minutes.

BUT... that damn Soul Eater anime seriously irks and bugs me to no end. I hate it with a passion and hope it falls off a cliff, not because it looks bad, but because it looks like it has potential and I want to watch it but I can't watch it because the voice actor for Soul Eater (the demon scythe guy) annoys me. It's completely out of place, sounds like an adult (which the character looks like a kid), and doesn't even suit the character at all in my opinion. I have tried watching the anime 6 times now and every time I just rage and say "screw this" because his voice just isn't what I want it to be. Yes, it is a personal gripe with one character, but I vehemently hate the whole anime because of that one character.

Oh and I really hate D.Gray-man. Only because of the ending.
Was a decent series but made me rage and give up anime for a week after the last episode.
18045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/13

drakedogma wrote:

People keep saying "There are plenty of anime worse than SAO"....Gee how about naming some of them? No one can because there isn't an anime made yet that could rival that garbage


Because it would probably be a waste of time with someone who is so sure of themselves to sit here and write a HUGE list of anime that are worse. However, some people have already named a few for you, and I'll throw a random one out there....Blood-C
25101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Ar
Offline
Posted 4/19/13

downoteof wrote:

I typically either love an anime or drop it and forget it after the first 10minutes.

BUT... that damn Soul Eater anime seriously irks and bugs me to no end. I hate it with a passion and hope it falls off a cliff, not because it looks bad, but because it looks like it has potential and I want to watch it but I can't watch it because the voice actor for Soul Eater (the demon scythe guy) annoys me. It's completely out of place, sounds like an adult (which the character looks like a kid), and doesn't even suit the character at all in my opinion. I have tried watching the anime 6 times now and every time I just rage and say "screw this" because his voice just isn't what I want it to be. Yes, it is a personal gripe with one character, but I vehemently hate the whole anime because of that one character.

Oh and I really hate D.Gray-man. Only because of the ending.
Was a decent series but made me rage and give up anime for a week after the last episode.


It's actually not surprising the anime ended the way it did. The manga is still on going. If you didn't like how it ended then you probably should feel the same way about Claymore considering the manga for it is still on going as well.
24035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 4/20/13 , edited 8/17/14
Tokyo Majin
Break Blade
Vampire Hunter D
Gun X Sword
Gankutsuou
Full Metal Panic! (1st season)
48 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/20/13
drakedogma, this is my opinion on SAO if I may.

I did like the anime a lot, although I fully agree that the second season was total garbage. I wonder if SAOs main supporters are coming from people like me who have played MMORPGs similar to the way it was laid out in the game. What really grabbed my attention about the anime was the way it was capturing intricacies about the life of a gamer in-game and playing it out on screen. Had I never played Perfect World for instance, I wouldn't have known about the common practice of in-game marriages (yes, an actual function). Or how some players don't care about clearing the game but instead focus on crafting items to sell to other players. Another common thing would be for players to go to certain vistas and just "hang out" chatting and maybe doing mock duels or farming, but not really doing anything to progress in the game so to speak.

I for sure would be raging about the pretentiousness of Asuna and the main char dude (forgot his name) alongside with you because none of it would have made any sense to me. But as someone who has been in and out of several of these types of games, I see their actions not as pretentious randomness in the worst kind of Mary Sue/OC way, but as pretty realistic behaviors in the context of the game and situation. Especially because I've seen similar things happen in MMORPGs.

What I liked about SAO was how it made me question the emotional connection that online relationships can foster, and made me think about how does one define a "real life" relationship or friendship? I think it's a very relevant topic in our modern age.

Anyway more on topic, I can't think of any animes I "hate" (yet... I'm just getting back into the groove and sure I will find PLENTY to hate soon haha!) because I usually drop them before it gets to that point. I will say I'm not a fan of Naruto or Bleach because I can't deal with the fillers.
15855 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Chesapeake, VA
Offline
Posted 4/20/13
HANDS DOWN, the most disappointing anime I've ever seen was Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! It was a giant piece of horse shit. A waste of time and money. Seriously, what the fuck?! It was like watching a crappy ass episode of House, without the medical diagnoses. I enjoyed House. I hated Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru with a passion you could only dream of. I hoped that stupid little shit Shougo would grow some mother fucking balls and date someone instead of obsessing over the SISTER thing but nope! The entire anime was shit. Those foggy-eyed characters were annoying too, excluding Miyabi. First he thinks he found his sister then he realizes the girl he though was his sister actually wasn't. This happened practically EVERY EPISODE! It was annoying. VERY annoying. Please don't waste your time on this anime. Trust me, please don't do it. I'd rather be a Russian racehorse at the Kentucky Derby with a busted leg and a glue truck on my tail than re-watch this anime or even consider watching a new season, in the event the creators are dumb enough to make one.
1952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/20/13 , edited 4/20/13

oranji_couch wrote:

drakedogma, this is my opinion on SAO if I may.

I did like the anime a lot, although I fully agree that the second season was total garbage. I wonder if SAOs main supporters are coming from people like me who have played MMORPGs similar to the way it was laid out in the game. What really grabbed my attention about the anime was the way it was capturing intricacies about the life of a gamer in-game and playing it out on screen. Had I never played Perfect World for instance, I wouldn't have known about the common practice of in-game marriages (yes, an actual function). Or how some players don't care about clearing the game but instead focus on crafting items to sell to other players. Another common thing would be for players to go to certain vistas and just "hang out" chatting and maybe doing mock duels or farming, but not really doing anything to progress in the game so to speak.

I for sure would be raging about the pretentiousness of Asuna and the main char dude (forgot his name) alongside with you because none of it would have made any sense to me. But as someone who has been in and out of several of these types of games, I see their actions not as pretentious randomness in the worst kind of Mary Sue/OC way, but as pretty realistic behaviors in the context of the game and situation. Especially because I've seen similar things happen in MMORPGs.

What I liked about SAO was how it made me question the emotional connection that online relationships can foster, and made me think about how does one define a "real life" relationship or friendship? I think it's a very relevant topic in our modern age.

Anyway more on topic, I can't think of any animes I "hate" (yet... I'm just getting back into the groove and sure I will find PLENTY to hate soon haha!) because I usually drop them before it gets to that point. I will say I'm not a fan of Naruto or Bleach because I can't deal with the fillers.


When you say "Emotional connection" That is what confuses me the most. Yes, relationships online are a subject of interesting study for an anime to present, but SAO had NONE of that. I felt like the author wanted to make up an excuse to put these characters in a fantasy like setting so he used Virtual reality as the cheap gimmick to put them within that situation. That's what really makes this show incredibly pretentious, in NO way does the setting of this show come to be the important factor to the story, the fact that they were in an online game did not contribute to the content of story but rather, it created a cop-out fodder as to WHY they are in there. I felt like SAO was just an excuse to give them powers and make them feel hopeless, so the setting was not created to be the driving force of the story. I mean, what really changed? Online relationships? they interact with eachother like normal people, this is LIFE or DEATH situation, nothing about it ever comes close to talking about an online world and the mentality that comes with it, he was trying to turn this into real life. The untalented author could have easily just put them in that setting without calling it "Virtual reality" but none of the themes within this story ever implies that the emotional wavelength of a relationship is different. He really tried to make SAO into a REAL thing, where you eat real food, have real weapons, and you really die, but the setting was a means to create the mythology of the story rather than become an important plot point. I saw no difference in emotional interaction, I saw no emotional relationships as a result of the online world. Sorry but I think you are giving this author way too much credit, he hasn't given me the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he is doing. It sounds like he was lonely one day and wanted to write fan fiction and sell it.
29704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 4/20/13

downoteof wrote:

I typically either love an anime or drop it and forget it after the first 10minutes.

BUT... that damn Soul Eater anime seriously irks and bugs me to no end. I hate it with a passion and hope it falls off a cliff, not because it looks bad, but because it looks like it has potential and I want to watch it but I can't watch it because the voice actor for Soul Eater (the demon scythe guy) annoys me. It's completely out of place, sounds like an adult (which the character looks like a kid), and doesn't even suit the character at all in my opinion. I have tried watching the anime 6 times now and every time I just rage and say "screw this" because his voice just isn't what I want it to be. Yes, it is a personal gripe with one character, but I vehemently hate the whole anime because of that one character.

Oh and I really hate D.Gray-man. Only because of the ending.
Was a decent series but made me rage and give up anime for a week after the last episode.



are u watching it subbed or dubbed? if its dubbed i understand but if its subbed i think the voice suits him well!
honestly if u watch the ENTIRE show i can tell u that you will love it
not being biased at all
1794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/1/13
I didn't like Naruto
6057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / MA, United States
Offline
Posted 6/2/13

RainyDevil wrote:

shin sekai yori was dumb


Shin Sekai Yori was awesome!!!! Sword Art Online on the other hand is just another fan service thing... >_>
42382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 6/2/13
The only anime I've given a 1 on MAL is Tales from Earthsea.
5016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/3/13
Senyu.. I didn't like how short it was and how much they used the 'main' as a punching bag
24187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/3/13
FUCK SCHOOL DAYS
17102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / In the nation of...
Offline
Posted 6/3/13
School Days (even thought I did enjoy the ending, watching Makoto finally get what he deserved)
One Piece
Dragon Ball Z
First  Prev  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.