Remove this ad
First  Prev  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  Next  Last
Post Reply Most Hated Anime
5021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/5/13

LoneWolfe44 wrote:

Also Clannad.


God Clannad was so terrible and generic, but After Story, so great.

As for me I Hate Chaos;Head with a passion.
It started out interesting with a complete out of touch with reality MC but then just turned into a pointless, random, nonsensical harem.
29923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 6/5/13 , edited 6/5/13

Techieharae wrote:

Never said being over hyped makes a series bad, same as the fact that something that is under exposed doesn't make it bad either. I place merit in the quality of the work. With AoT there is a lot of potential. Characters are well developed so far, they all have depth and personality. However; using time freezes and various perspectives isn't really a storytelling mechanism that lends itself well to progression of the story. My beef with AoT right now is that 5 episodes have been wasted on a single point of time within the series. Nearly 2.5 hours of seeing the same thing from a different viewpoint. The story itself hasn't progressed beyond of episode 4 or 5.

It's kind of like when you're having a conversation with someone and they're reiterating the same information with slightly different wording. I don't judge anything based on what others have said, nor do I judge others based on what they think about something in particular. I think AoT could be good, have a lot of good concepts, nice fluid animation (coloration is a little dingy but it adds to the vibe the series is going for) deep characters that people care about, it really has the makings of something great if the story would move forward.

I wanted to revisit this after rewatching the episodes to make sure I wasn't insane, but the story never chronologically backtracked. It's progressing very slowly, but it's not replaying the same events from multiple perspectives at all.

So I think you meant that it's just taking them forever to get anything done, basically? Which I kind of agree with, since it almost feels like most of the episode shouldn't take more than a few minutes but is dragged out to twenty.
42201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 6/5/13 , edited 6/5/13

Insomnist wrote:


Techieharae wrote:

Never said being over hyped makes a series bad, same as the fact that something that is under exposed doesn't make it bad either. I place merit in the quality of the work. With AoT there is a lot of potential. Characters are well developed so far, they all have depth and personality. However; using time freezes and various perspectives isn't really a storytelling mechanism that lends itself well to progression of the story. My beef with AoT right now is that 5 episodes have been wasted on a single point of time within the series. Nearly 2.5 hours of seeing the same thing from a different viewpoint. The story itself hasn't progressed beyond of episode 4 or 5.

It's kind of like when you're having a conversation with someone and they're reiterating the same information with slightly different wording. I don't judge anything based on what others have said, nor do I judge others based on what they think about something in particular. I think AoT could be good, have a lot of good concepts, nice fluid animation (coloration is a little dingy but it adds to the vibe the series is going for) deep characters that people care about, it really has the makings of something great if the story would move forward.

I wanted to revisit this after rewatching the episodes to make sure I wasn't insane, but the story never chronologically backtracked. It's progressing very slowly, but it's not replaying the same events from multiple perspectives at all.

So I think you meant that it's just taking them forever to get anything done, basically? Which I kind of agree with, since it almost feels like most of the episode shouldn't take more than a few minutes but is dragged out to twenty.


Also, you don't want them moving too fast, as the manga comes out monthly.

58 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/5/13
yu gi oh
18055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Where am I to, go...
Offline
Posted 6/16/13
I'll probably catch hell for this, but I hate all the dragon ball series
Posted 6/16/13

Szaahdis wrote:

Psychic Wars (1991), no competition.


Oh my god...I thought no one else had seen horror.
humnut 
14496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California. . . F...
Offline
Posted 6/16/13
Probably Blue Drop, damn series was SO boring, couldn't make it out of the fifth episode. That or maybe Hellsing.
humnut 
14496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California. . . F...
Offline
Posted 6/16/13

Vespher wrote:

I hated School Days, but only because it was so good.
Seriously, I'm not gonna elaborate any more than that.
If you have some spare time, go watch School Days.


I second this, School Days is so messed up, it needs to be seen to grasp how infuriatingly bad, yet at the same time good, it is.
23354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / copenhagen
Offline
Posted 6/16/13

Techieharae wrote:

I'm going to put on my flame retardant suit and go ahead and say Attack On Titan. Why you ask? I feel the series has a lot of potential, but I don't like how they make an entire episode about an event we've already seen just from a different perspective. We've seen the same fight 5 times from 5 angles, move on please, I really dislike shows that just burn 25 * x minuets with events frozen in time.


I love this show and will probably continue to watch it, but the last 3 episodes have been so irritating!!! Nothing happens, just annoying speeches and extremely slow progression in the story..
xxJing 
15360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Alderaan
Offline
Posted 6/16/13 , edited 6/16/13
You know, if there is any anime that I genuinely hate, it would have to be Bokurano.
12539 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Online
Posted 6/16/13
I find it hard to actually hate a work of fiction, even if I think it's terrible, because it's not as if its terribleness was intentionally targeted at me.

That said, Attack on Titan sure is annoying, because it has a high budget and insane popularity, and I can't understand either one. All the main characters are lame cliches: hot-blooded male lead who keeps getting himself into trouble but is always the center of attention for some contrived reason or another, impossibly skilled action girl who's conveniently devoted to the male lead, feminine/emotional guy as foil to the male lead...what in the world is "deep" about these people? Captain Levi and Zoe are the only characters I've liked so far, because no one else has shown any awareness of the absurdity of the whole "we're besieged by towering naked stoner cannibals" thing (and unlike Sasha, Zoe is actually funny).

It's kinda like Gurren Lagann, in a weird sort of way--Eren = Kamina, Mikasa = Yoko, Armin = Simon, same basic scenario of giant monsters having taken over the planet--except the characters are flat, the world is much less imaginative, and it takes itself too seriously. I never got into Lagann as much as everyone else, but at least I sorta liked it. It's hard for me to find things to like about Titan that don't involve making fun of it.

I know almost no one agrees with me, but that's the worst part of it all. Hating something popular isn't nearly as much fun as hipsters would have you believe.
29923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 6/16/13 , edited 6/16/13

kotomikun wrote:

I know almost no one agrees with me, but that's the worst part of it all.

Nah, I can see where you're coming from. I think the main cast is pretty average when you put it like that, although I'm still interested in them even though they don't have much depth. I think there are some complex characters in the extended cast, but I'd be getting into manga spoilers there. The anime hasn't progressed to that point yet.

Mostly I think people watch AoT simply to see what's going to happen next, and for the character synergy. I think the cast as whole works rather well even if you can summarize each of their personalities in a couple lines. I also like how the characters have reasons for being who they are, instead of having a generic character type for no reason.

But to each their own.



kotomikun wrote:

Hating something popular isn't nearly as much fun as hipsters would have you believe.

But this I do not believe. I find hating Code Geass to be enormously fun.

4186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 6/16/13

Insomnist wrote:


Techieharae wrote:

Never said being over hyped makes a series bad, same as the fact that something that is under exposed doesn't make it bad either. I place merit in the quality of the work. With AoT there is a lot of potential. Characters are well developed so far, they all have depth and personality. However; using time freezes and various perspectives isn't really a storytelling mechanism that lends itself well to progression of the story. My beef with AoT right now is that 5 episodes have been wasted on a single point of time within the series. Nearly 2.5 hours of seeing the same thing from a different viewpoint. The story itself hasn't progressed beyond of episode 4 or 5.

It's kind of like when you're having a conversation with someone and they're reiterating the same information with slightly different wording. I don't judge anything based on what others have said, nor do I judge others based on what they think about something in particular. I think AoT could be good, have a lot of good concepts, nice fluid animation (coloration is a little dingy but it adds to the vibe the series is going for) deep characters that people care about, it really has the makings of something great if the story would move forward.

I wanted to revisit this after rewatching the episodes to make sure I wasn't insane, but the story never chronologically backtracked. It's progressing very slowly, but it's not replaying the same events from multiple perspectives at all.

So I think you meant that it's just taking them forever to get anything done, basically? Which I kind of agree with, since it almost feels like most of the episode shouldn't take more than a few minutes but is dragged out to twenty.


I do agree that this show is being overhyped, but I do see why. The art is very unique and the characters are well developed, not to mention frequent plot twists. But even though I agree in that its a great anime, something just didn't click. I kept pondering why I wasn't as excited as everyone else. The conclusion i came to was that while some shows are being good at what they are, it still may not go with your personal taste. That's all I can say. I'm not disapointed and I don't dislike it at all; it's just not my type. I keep having a sense of duty to watch it. but I'll only get back to it every few weeks.

Posted 6/16/13 , edited 6/16/13
Since I have no Anime I hate...
I'll just tell you the character I dislike the most.

I finished school days a week ago and wow.. the Main character really is a ......
I REALLY don't like Makoto Itou

10538 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Elkhart, Indiana
Offline
Posted 6/16/13
Elfen Leid and SAO. Bleach too...but not as much as the first two.
First  Prev  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.