First  Prev  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  Next  Last
Post Reply Most Hated Anime
19172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/13/13
These are old ones.... When I think of animes I hate, these two come to mind. Starting at number 1.

Slayers - Lina Inverst really rubbed me the wrong way. I really hated that character, and her being the lead character, I ended up not liking the anime. I couldn't even finish the whole series.

Wind of Amnesia - I liked this anime up until the male lead did something really bad half way through the movie. I ended up hating him. Which ruin the anime for me.
21390 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Amegakure
Offline
Posted 7/14/13

akira_akiyama wrote:


saksiss wrote:



First of all and most obviously, a spoiler is a spoiler, and should therefore be marked as so. Don't just assume everybody knows this simply because you and a majority of others know. There will always be people who haven't watched something, so why spoil it?

Secondly, I am chilled out enough to be satisfactory. Thank you though.

Third, did it ever occur to you that some of us don't really have the time to just sit down and watch an entire anime series or two whenever we feel like it? I had actually planned to watch DN when I get a day to myself. Some of us actually work, some of us work two jobs. So again, don't just go assuming that watching anime is the only thing everybody does all day.


lmao you dont seem chilling at all
fyi, im a college student that needs to keep grades up for scholarship and i keep a job too plus my scholarship service that i need to do per week
if you're going to get like this for one spoiler you shouldnt surf so freely the anime threads
seriouuusly
no point in getting butthurt about this. its the internet, if You are not careful youre going to find info you didnt want to find about
btw, some random person spoiled code geass for me but i was fine, i lived through it and still shocked me when i finally watched it anyway


I clearly stated "I am chilled out enough to be satisfactory", apparently that is far too difficult for you to understand, despite being a "university student".
You also seem to be making far too big a deal of this, I merely questioned Mashtater about whether selecting the spoiler icon for his spoiler comment was too difficult a task, which evidently for him, it is, and you accuse me of being unimaginably "butthurt" over someone else's incompetence. I shouldn't forget to add, your grammar is clearly on par of a primary school student, you realy ought to brush up on that. Although chances are, you'll merely respond something like "on the internet, I don't need good grammar, blah blah woof woof".

Well anyway, akira_akiyama, your ignorance is CLEARLY noted.
1338 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Yorozuya
Offline
Posted 7/14/13
Shugo Chara and Clannad
1824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/14/13

Willwatch4food wrote:

There isn't a single show that I can say I hate the most, but here are a few shows that do create a burning passion of hatred inside me every time I try to watch them:

K-on: I was hoping for another cool, music based anime (Like BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad). Sadly, there is very little actual music in K-on, and the little bit of it that is there is lackluster. Seriously, you would think from the quality of the show's opening that K-on would have a ton of awesome animated musical acts, but sadly it is not to be.

Elfen Lied: There is not nearly as much gore as people say there is in this show. The only really gory parts are all in the first half of the first episode. I realize this is Studio Arms we are talking about here, so maybe this might be me asking a little too much, but I would appreciate less nudity in my non-hentai anime. I can accept shows like Mezzo Forte and whatnot, because those were originally hentai that get non-hentai versions or spin-offs made because they were actually pretty good, but it is my understanding that Elfen Lied was not supposed to be a hentai. Ever. I am one of those people who doesn't really like fanservice outside of shows that are designed to be full of fanservice already. But Elfen Lied takes fanservice to a whole new level.

Sword Art Online: There really isn't anything good about this show at all other than the animation quality. The characters are bland. The supposedly riveting death scenes that I was told existed in the first few episodes were boring, and had pretty much the same effect as Another's death scenes (in other words, because none of the characters were characterized, their deaths didn't really mean anything to me), only unlike Another, there was no gore. At least Another's deaths could still be disturbing because of their gore factor even if you didn't feel anything from their death scenes. SAO's were just boring. The action was meh, and the story was laughably hilarious. Seriously, I don't think I can name a story with more plot holes.

Devil May Cry: I just have one question for the people who made this anime. How can you takes one of the best videogame franchises (A franchise that has some of the best action scenes I have ever seen, in any medium) and make it so boring? Seriously, the action is either bland, or off screen, and the writing for 3/4 of the series is bad. There are a few episodes that are well done, but that is still unacceptable.

Oreimo: I can accept that some shows that pander to the Otaku fetishes can be good. Hell, I like a lot of Key Visual Novel anime adaptations, and those are full of Otaku fetishes. But there is a point where I have to draw the line, and a show about playing porno games with your sister is where I am drawing it. People keep telling me it is good, and I am dissapointed every time I retry it.

Gurren Lagann: Every time someone states this is their favorite mech show, I die a little bit inside. It is true I have never been a big fan of super-robot shows (Real-robots ftw) but Gurren Lagann takes it to the point where the show actually manages to give me headaches. The worst part, is that the show had a ton of potential. That first episode was cool. I think if they did a City of Ember style, we need to leave the underground city and find the surface kind of story, with the robot as their vehicle, it could have been pretty interesting. Sadly, we got a lot of two-dimensional characters, a dumb story, and a lot of bullshit explanations.

One Piece: OK, I can't say I hate One Piece, but I did watch about 20 episodes, and I was bored to tears by all of them. I really don't see why it is so popular.


In regards to Oreimo. When you say something like "A show about playing porno games with your sister" I just have to say that, Oreimo has nothing to do with that. Oreimo is about dispelling the negative and inaccurate prejudice of the misleading stereotypes of otakus. The whole point of the anime was "Just because Otakus like weird and crazy stuff doesn't mean they are bad people or are destined to fail and how society misjudges them and labels them is wrong" That's supposed to the be the satirical irony of the show. How much of the anime did you watch? Your attitude towards the anime is the very thing that the anime itself attacks. And when you say "Pander to otaku fetishes" once again, did you watch the show? There is little to no incest in the show, most of it is just him helping her out in a non-romantic way. In the first season at least, I despised the 2nd season with all my guts. "pander to otaku fetishes" There was no pandering, it was a satire of otaku fetishes. "Playing porno games with your sister" They showed that like 3 times, and most of it was for the purpose of comedy relief.
1824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/14/13 , edited 7/14/13

oranji_couch wrote:

drakedogma, this is my opinion on SAO if I may.

I did like the anime a lot, although I fully agree that the second season was total garbage. I wonder if SAOs main supporters are coming from people like me who have played MMORPGs similar to the way it was laid out in the game. What really grabbed my attention about the anime was the way it was capturing intricacies about the life of a gamer in-game and playing it out on screen. Had I never played Perfect World for instance, I wouldn't have known about the common practice of in-game marriages (yes, an actual function). Or how some players don't care about clearing the game but instead focus on crafting items to sell to other players. Another common thing would be for players to go to certain vistas and just "hang out" chatting and maybe doing mock duels or farming, but not really doing anything to progress in the game so to speak.

I for sure would be raging about the pretentiousness of Asuna and the main char dude (forgot his name) alongside with you because none of it would have made any sense to me. But as someone who has been in and out of several of these types of games, I see their actions not as pretentious randomness in the worst kind of Mary Sue/OC way, but as pretty realistic behaviors in the context of the game and situation. Especially because I've seen similar things happen in MMORPGs.

What I liked about SAO was how it made me question the emotional connection that online relationships can foster, and made me think about how does one define a "real life" relationship or friendship? I think it's a very relevant topic in our modern age.

Anyway more on topic, I can't think of any animes I "hate" (yet... I'm just getting back into the groove and sure I will find PLENTY to hate soon haha!) because I usually drop them before it gets to that point. I will say I'm not a fan of Naruto or Bleach because I can't deal with the fillers.


Sorry if I didn't see this comment several months ago but I guess I should respond. First of all, I cannot stand it when people keep saying "The 2nd season was garbage" SAO is by far the worst anime I have ever seen and I ONLY saw the first 14 episodes. That's Season 1 ONLY and I declared it to be complete garbage. Alot of the praise you give SAO is non-existant. SAO made you question the emotional connection that online relationships can foster? That's just false interpretation and pardon my french, complete BS, SAO in NO way ever had that level of psychological depth, in NO way did the show ever try to explore this field. Yes, if SAO tried to do this, it would be a very ambitious anime but it didn't. The online environment did not exist to create these questions, the online aspect only existed as an excuse for the plot to expand larger than what it's supposed to be. It was an excuse to create a mythology, how else does someone tell a story about people fighting with swords? Create an online world, but people STILL can feel eachother, see eachother's faces, etc. so the ENTIRE online aspect is completely non-existence because in essence, it's just an excuse to create a fighting world. It doesn't work in tangent with the theme of the storyline. This whole "Real life" thing you talk about is just you making a loose interpretation. I could look at the Twilight Movies and say that it makes me question the inner spirituality of modern women, is Twilight aiming for that? No, I'm just making a VERY VERY loose interpretation. Also you simply cannot hate Naruto or Bleach because of fillers. People need to grade anime by the Mise-En-Scene aspects, grade an anime based off it's story telling and characters, fillers are not an authors fault.

And in regards to SAO, NONE of their actions or dialogue are parallel to ANYTHING relatively close to an online world. You got freakin lolis and girls all over the place, you honestly think the author was considering this? He was just jacking off when he wrote this stuff, how could you possibly make all this loose interpretation? There is no genius in SAO, it's just trash like Twilight. Anyone can say "Twilight made me question the inner spirituality of mankind" and make the show sound good, but obviously Twilight had nothing to do with inner spirituality just like how SAO had nothing to do with the psychology of the online world. The author does not deserve any benefit of the doubt, because the world is not in tangent with any theme. It is the worst thing I have ever seen in my entire life
10482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / always in my litt...
Offline
Posted 7/14/13

saksiss wrote:


akira_akiyama wrote:


saksiss wrote:



First of all and most obviously, a spoiler is a spoiler, and should therefore be marked as so. Don't just assume everybody knows this simply because you and a majority of others know. There will always be people who haven't watched something, so why spoil it?

Secondly, I am chilled out enough to be satisfactory. Thank you though.

Third, did it ever occur to you that some of us don't really have the time to just sit down and watch an entire anime series or two whenever we feel like it? I had actually planned to watch DN when I get a day to myself. Some of us actually work, some of us work two jobs. So again, don't just go assuming that watching anime is the only thing everybody does all day.


lmao you dont seem chilling at all
fyi, im a college student that needs to keep grades up for scholarship and i keep a job too plus my scholarship service that i need to do per week
if you're going to get like this for one spoiler you shouldnt surf so freely the anime threads
seriouuusly
no point in getting butthurt about this. its the internet, if You are not careful youre going to find info you didnt want to find about
btw, some random person spoiled code geass for me but i was fine, i lived through it and still shocked me when i finally watched it anyway


I clearly stated "I am chilled out enough to be satisfactory", apparently that is far too difficult for you to understand, despite being a "university student".
You also seem to be making far too big a deal of this, I merely questioned Mashtater about whether selecting the spoiler icon for his spoiler comment was too difficult a task, which evidently for him, it is, and you accuse me of being unimaginably "butthurt" over someone else's incompetence. I shouldn't forget to add, your grammar is clearly on par of a primary school student, you realy ought to brush up on that. Although chances are, you'll merely respond something like "on the internet, I don't need good grammar, blah blah woof woof".

Well anyway, akira_akiyama, your ignorance is CLEARLY noted.


lol wow okay
you do realize not all universities have english as main language right? or do i have to remind you theres other languages and universities that use those other languages?
and who even cares how people type on the internet? yeah. its typing, not even writing. if you must know i won most spelling bees in english that i went to
also, dove, you made a grammar mistake right there. i dont think really is spelled realy. but who cares. typo
and, lovely dove, i was merely testing how easy it would be to provoke some random person that seems already a bit pissed
i dont do this often but i make my exceptions, you hate it? w.e. it's how some find amusement
and this is all very satisfactory
i can sense your buttcheeks clinching
i dont care if a bunch of cr people i dont know think i am an ignorant, i know who i am and how i am, not easily influenced by strangers opinions you see
i hope you dont care either, because maybe im the ignorant one, but you're the moody one (wanted to say butthurt again bc i find it funny but you've proven how much you hate that simple word)
so, who is going to stop the pointless talking first? you or me?
i can go on no problem. i have better things to do tho so i hope you find yourself busy too with all those jobs you say you have
46333 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 7/14/13 , edited 7/14/13
Code Gayass

V Arguments like these make me laugh. Out of pity.
21390 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Amegakure
Offline
Posted 7/14/13


Heh, I can't believe you actually took the time to type all of that. Well whatever, do as you please, I actually do have things to do other than continue a pointless spam war with a ignorant child. 'Ave a good one.
20480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Area 11
Offline
Posted 7/16/13



I'm going to have to disagree. I have seen 7 episodes (that is over half of the first season of Oreimo), and I have to say, that it is in fact full of Otaku fetishes. Before I tell you how it is, let me define Otaku fetishes. I consider fetishes to be more than just things that can give you a hard on. Fetishes are things that make you feel good by playing on a weakness. EX: If you really like Redheads, you have a fetish for Redheads. In other words, you have a weakness for redheads. If you have low self esteem, and enjoy hearing things like "you did a great job!", then that is your fetish. Now then, doesn't that make everything you enjoy a fetish? Well, yes, to an extent, but fetishes are rooted more in making you feel good due to a weakness, not through things that interest you on a normal level. Now what are Otaku fetishes? Well, they are fetishes that japanese Otaku generally tend to share among themselves. Keep in mind, that japanese Otaku act very differently than american otaku, and are also treated very differently by society. Are all of these fetishes necessarily things that you should be ashamed of? No. But the thing about fetishes (both of the sexual and non-sexual kind) is that when you don't have the fetish, the content that panders to them is significantly less interesting.

When you say " The whole point of the anime was "Just because Otakus like weird and crazy stuff doesn't mean they are bad people or are destined to fail and how society misjudges them and labels them is wrong" " That in and of itself is pandering to an Otaku fetish. As a nerd, I can easily say that one of the things that those who are low on the social food chain want is acceptance from people who are not like themselves. Many Otaku want to be recognized as normal people, and in the world that Oreimo creates, glamorous models and average highschoolers can enjoy gaoh games as well. Sure, it might not be completely ingrained into society, but it is at least accepted by multiple normal people as an alright passtime. That is pandering to the Otaku fetish of wanting to be accepted by society. While I am not disagreeing that Oreimo is full of satire, even that satire is based on a fetish on a certain level.

If you are looking for satire about how Otaku are not nessesarily bad people, I suggest you watch Welcome to the NHK!, or Genshiken. While both of those are also full of Otaku fetishes as well, they do not pretend that these fetishes are not weakness, in a similar way to Oreimo

As for the incest. I will say that you are right, it doesn't have any incest at all. But the way the show is written is designed to make the viewers think of incest, which is another way of pandering to a fetish, and this time it is an incest fetish.
10231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / California
Offline
Posted 7/16/13
The only one I can think off the top of my head, is Magikano, it was kind of badly animated and looked bad and was pretty terrible overall. Not sure if it had an anime ending or not but it was very unsatisfying and most of the characters were unappealing or extremely boring. The only good thing about it was that it was only thirteen episodes.
4388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/13
i remember first time i saw linebarrels i was immediately turned off. along with strike witches and queensblade. not passionate about hating on them i just wasnt really feeling it
10174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/13
Fanboys/girls are really starting to make me hate SAO...
18216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/17/13
Eiken not belive no one has said Eiken.
1824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/17/13

Willwatch4food wrote:




I'm going to have to disagree. I have seen 7 episodes (that is over half of the first season of Oreimo), and I have to say, that it is in fact full of Otaku fetishes. Before I tell you how it is, let me define Otaku fetishes. I consider fetishes to be more than just things that can give you a hard on. Fetishes are things that make you feel good by playing on a weakness. EX: If you really like Redheads, you have a fetish for Redheads. In other words, you have a weakness for redheads. If you have low self esteem, and enjoy hearing things like "you did a great job!", then that is your fetish. Now then, doesn't that make everything you enjoy a fetish? Well, yes, to an extent, but fetishes are rooted more in making you feel good due to a weakness, not through things that interest you on a normal level. Now what are Otaku fetishes? Well, they are fetishes that japanese Otaku generally tend to share among themselves. Keep in mind, that japanese Otaku act very differently than american otaku, and are also treated very differently by society. Are all of these fetishes necessarily things that you should be ashamed of? No. But the thing about fetishes (both of the sexual and non-sexual kind) is that when you don't have the fetish, the content that panders to them is significantly less interesting.

When you say " The whole point of the anime was "Just because Otakus like weird and crazy stuff doesn't mean they are bad people or are destined to fail and how society misjudges them and labels them is wrong" " That in and of itself is pandering to an Otaku fetish. As a nerd, I can easily say that one of the things that those who are low on the social food chain want is acceptance from people who are not like themselves. Many Otaku want to be recognized as normal people, and in the world that Oreimo creates, glamorous models and average highschoolers can enjoy gaoh games as well. Sure, it might not be completely ingrained into society, but it is at least accepted by multiple normal people as an alright passtime. That is pandering to the Otaku fetish of wanting to be accepted by society. While I am not disagreeing that Oreimo is full of satire, even that satire is based on a fetish on a certain level.

If you are looking for satire about how Otaku are not nessesarily bad people, I suggest you watch Welcome to the NHK!, or Genshiken. While both of those are also full of Otaku fetishes as well, they do not pretend that these fetishes are not weakness, in a similar way to Oreimo

As for the incest. I will say that you are right, it doesn't have any incest at all. But the way the show is written is designed to make the viewers think of incest, which is another way of pandering to a fetish, and this time it is an incest fetish.


7 episodes? You say you've re-tried it but you couldn't take the time to finish it at least? SAO may be my least favorite anime in the whole damn world, and I've only seen the first 14 episodes (Which is justifiable since everyone keeps saying the 2nd season sucks despite the fact that the 1st season was garbage) But you could at least finish Oreimo's story.

Maybe I'm biased because someone like me who probably hates 90% of anime, pointless shows like Mayo Chiki, Infinite Stratos, Boku Wa Writing Skills Ga Sukunai. Oreimo actually had a story, compare that to the other anime I listed that had no conflict, no good characters, etc.

You spent alot of time trying to prove me wrong about how the show does, overall, pander to Otaku fetish, but still, that still has nothing to do with why I should notice any problems with the show on a plot/story basis. The show has a conflict, it has a problem, they try to solve it in a rational and comedic way, the dialogue is well done, I don't feel like they are wasting my time with every word they say, and maybe it's because I've only seen bad anime recently, but to find an anime that's more focused on plot, character, solving problems, and dialogue versus pointless dialogue, bad jokes, and fanservice. That is a rare find for me. Kirino is asahmed of her fetish and she wants to balance her otaku life with her social life, I also think the show is pretty original. When you look at the title "There's no way my little sister could be this cute" I automatically thought the show was going to be a pointless 12 episode series of nothing-ness, but after watching it, I realized I judged the show by it's cover (Which by the way is a moral they address in the story as well).

The reason why the show is "Designed to have incest in it" is not pandering. Pandering would be showing something that the audience wants for no good reason, if there is a good reason why there should be hints of incest in the show, then it's not pandering because it's relevant to the story. The show MAKES you think that it's going to be a bunch of incest stories, but the prime focus of the show isn't incest but breaking through the unfair prejudice of our social norms.

Overall, I'm still unsure why you don't like the show, is it a problem with the characters? Dialogue? Structure? Pacing? The characters are interesting, the dialogue has a point, it's funny and satirical, it has a POINT and a MORAL, it has a nice justifiable ending, it's dramatic (The conflicts and fights that Kyosuke gets with Ayase and his father seem like fights that normal people would have, it's not like other stupid shows like Infinite Stratos or SAO where the drama is done so terribly that it makes you gag) So overall, I still don't know what specifically is the problem with this show considering you never finished it.
24207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/17/13 , edited 7/17/13
Well first off:
Monster, I have seen almost everybody who talks about this show say how awesome it is. I tried watching it like twice and made it almost half way through. Can someone please tell me at what point this show becomes interesting, enthralling or the masterpiece that quite a few people have claimed it to be. I mean its usually this is right up my alley but the pacing to me is unbearable, and for something to be as slow as this was the intellectual content and moral dilemmas were surprisingly shallow. So I guess my question is at what point does it change? When does it become as good as people say it is?
Secondly:
Fate/Stay night (especially unlimited blade works), Ok this mainly stems from my absolute love of Fate/Zero. Bear in mind I know this was first so don't jump on me, but it like undermines so much of the power-scaling in zero.
First  Prev  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.