First  Prev  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  Next  Last
Post Reply Most Hated Anime
22480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Area 11
Offline
Posted 7/17/13


You know what, you are right. I didn't do a good job of trying to explain why I don't like it. Well, let me enlighten you. In my last tirade, I explained how Oreimo does in fact pander. However I didn't explain why I dislike it (I stated why, however now that I reread it the next day, I realize that when I stated it, it seemed kind of like a side tangent), so here is the reason why.

In Japan, there has been an ever growing problem, where many people decide that it is better to live for watching anime and playing videogames. I know you have seen at least a few of these characters in anime, but some examples of characters who are outright callouts to this group of people who are actually real are Saito from Welcome to the NHK!, and Mitsuo, from Persona 4. These people lead a very unhealthy lifestyle, and are pretty much considered to be the second worst tier of Japanese society (These people are only considered to be better than criminals). I see this show as pandering to this audience of people, telling them that it is ok to have no ambition other than buying the next gaoh game that happens to come out next.

These characters might be embarrassed that they are Otaku, but when it comes down to it, they refuse to admit they have a problem. They only hide the games and anime because they didn't want to get in trouble with their parents. I know what you are going to say. Whats wrong with liking anime? You like anime too, right? Well, yes, I love anime, but Kirino (The sister character) didn't only watch a lot of anime. She also consistently plays pornographic games that are aimed at 30-year old, single, low-income men with lolita-complexes and sister-complexes. Keep in mind that she is in middle school. In Japan, young girls are considered the purest kind of people in general, so the fact that a middleschooler is playing their lolita-sister pornogames is basically enforcing the idea that you can be pure and still play these games, which in my opinion of completely untrue. If you want to play them, I say go for it, but don't lie to yourself and say that it is normal, or socially acceptable to do these things with your imaginary waifu. At least take responsibility for your passtimes. Sure, if this was a show about why watching anime shouldn't be frowned upon by society, I would be all for it, but that is not the main idea of the show. The main idea of the show is in telling people who have given up their lives to these shows and games that they have no problem.
If someone wanted to live the N.E.E.T lifestyle, I wouldn't make fun of them, I wouldn't think less of them, and I would probably treat them the same way, because when it comes down to it, it is not my job to tell other people how to live. But if someone were to tell me that living that lifestyle is completely healthy, normal, and socially acceptable, I would have to disagree.

So there you have it. I have a problem with the basic meaning behind the story.

Also, just to be clear, I am probably going to finish at least one season of Oreimo eventually (I am currently watching 4 series at once, so it will probably be later), but I stand by my argument, and I certainly think 7 episodes are enough to judge what a show is like in general if it is a 12 episode series, because 7 episodes is most of the series. I believe that if you watch over half of a series and don't like it, then you have the right to drop it, and still consider it a show that isn't very good. The reason I haven't finished the first season is because I didn't even know there was a second season until you mentioned it, so now by my own logic, I kind of have to finish at least one season to consider myself versed in most of the series. If my opinion changes, then I will delete these posts, but that probably wont happen.
1844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/17/13 , edited 7/17/13

Willwatch4food wrote:



You know what, you are right. I didn't do a good job of trying to explain why I don't like it. Well, let me enlighten you. In my last tirade, I explained how Oreimo does in fact pander. However I didn't explain why I dislike it (I stated why, however now that I reread it the next day, I realize that when I stated it, it seemed kind of like a side tangent), so here is the reason why.

In Japan, there has been an ever growing problem, where many people decide that it is better to live for watching anime and playing videogames. I know you have seen at least a few of these characters in anime, but some examples of characters who are outright callouts to this group of people who are actually real are Saito from Welcome to the NHK!, and Mitsuo, from Persona 4. These people lead a very unhealthy lifestyle, and are pretty much considered to be the second worst tier of Japanese society (These people are only considered to be better than criminals). I see this show as pandering to this audience of people, telling them that it is ok to have no ambition other than buying the next gaoh game that happens to come out next.

These characters might be embarrassed that they are Otaku, but when it comes down to it, they refuse to admit they have a problem. They only hide the games and anime because they didn't want to get in trouble with their parents. I know what you are going to say. Whats wrong with liking anime? You like anime too, right? Well, yes, I love anime, but Kirino (The sister character) didn't only watch a lot of anime. She also consistently plays pornographic games that are aimed at 30-year old, single, low-income men with lolita-complexes and sister-complexes. Keep in mind that she is in middle school. In Japan, young girls are considered the purest kind of people in general, so the fact that a middleschooler is playing their lolita-sister pornogames is basically enforcing the idea that you can be pure and still play these games, which in my opinion of completely untrue. If you want to play them, I say go for it, but don't lie to yourself and say that it is normal, or socially acceptable to do these things with your imaginary waifu. At least take responsibility for your passtimes. Sure, if this was a show about why watching anime shouldn't be frowned upon by society, I would be all for it, but that is not the main idea of the show. The main idea of the show is in telling people who have given up their lives to these shows and games that they have no problem.
If someone wanted to live the N.E.E.T lifestyle, I wouldn't make fun of them, I wouldn't think less of them, and I would probably treat them the same way, because when it comes down to it, it is not my job to tell other people how to live. But if someone were to tell me that living that lifestyle is completely healthy, normal, and socially acceptable, I would have to disagree.

So there you have it. I have a problem with the basic meaning behind the story.

Also, just to be clear, I am probably going to finish at least one season of Oreimo eventually (I am currently watching 4 series at once, so it will probably be later), but I stand by my argument, and I certainly think 7 episodes are enough to judge what a show is like in general if it is a 12 episode series, because 7 episodes is most of the series. I believe that if you watch over half of a series and don't like it, then you have the right to drop it, and still consider it a show that isn't very good. The reason I haven't finished the first season is because I didn't even know there was a second season until you mentioned it, so now by my own logic, I kind of have to finish at least one season to consider myself versed in most of the series. If my opinion changes, then I will delete these posts, but that probably wont happen.


Fascinating, if you have watched episode 3 of Oreimo, your argument seems to be exactly the same as Daisuke Kousaka (The father) Which was one of my favorite arguments of the series. But you seem to have a moral problem with the story, you don't seem to have a structural problem with the story. You have a problem with the message but I still don't think Oreimo is morally reprehensible

If you do remember episode 3 of Oreimo. The father was trying to make a point in that the lifestyle Kirino lives is absolutely wrong and will eventually lead her to failure. Kyosuke makes the point that Kirino is an incredibly strong and successful middle schooler and that her sick obsession has had absolutely no negative repercussions on who she is or her successes. To say that those kinds of hobbies should be frowned upon is not very morally universal, who are you or I to say that the hobby is wrong? I personally think it's disgusting but then again, I think the SAW movies and any person who likes movies about gore and violence are messed up as well, but they aren't going to be serial killers even if the Human centipede is completely disgusting and wrong. So I would imagine if you did remember episode 3, you would have sided with the father instead of Kyosuke

Also you said "f you want to play them, I say go for it, but don't lie to yourself and say that it is normal, or socially acceptable to do these things with your imaginary waifu. At least take responsibility for your passtimes" Well I distinctly remember in Episode 1 that Kirino did admit that her hobby was weird. She has never tried to pass it off as normal, neither did Kyosuke, the point was not to justify the normality of these hobbies, the point was to not make her feel to bad about it and claim that these games are a part of her identity and cannot be taken away, but I don't remember them ever trying to say that it was normal.
648 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / MA
Offline
Posted 7/17/13 , edited 8/12/14

Willwatch4food wrote:

There isn't a single show that I can say I hate the most, but here are a few shows that do create a burning passion of hatred inside me every time I try to watch them:

K-on: I was hoping for another cool, music based anime (Like BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad). Sadly, there is very little actual music in K-on, and the little bit of it that is there is lackluster. Seriously, you would think from the quality of the show's opening that K-on would have a ton of awesome animated musical acts, but sadly it is not to be.

Elfen Lied: There is not nearly as much gore as people say there is in this show. The only really gory parts are all in the first half of the first episode. I realize this is Studio Arms we are talking about here, so maybe this might be me asking a little too much, but I would appreciate less nudity in my non-hentai anime. I can accept shows like Mezzo Forte and whatnot, because those were originally hentai that get non-hentai versions or spin-offs made because they were actually pretty good, but it is my understanding that Elfen Lied was not supposed to be a hentai. Ever. I am one of those people who doesn't really like fanservice outside of shows that are designed to be full of fanservice already. But Elfen Lied takes fanservice to a whole new level.

Sword Art Online: There really isn't anything good about this show at all other than the animation quality. The characters are bland. The supposedly riveting death scenes that I was told existed in the first few episodes were boring, and had pretty much the same effect as Another's death scenes (in other words, because none of the characters were characterized, their deaths didn't really mean anything to me), only unlike Another, there was no gore. At least Another's deaths could still be disturbing because of their gore factor even if you didn't feel anything from their death scenes. SAO's were just boring. The action was meh, and the story was laughably hilarious. Seriously, I don't think I can name a story with more plot holes.

Devil May Cry: I just have one question for the people who made this anime. How can you takes one of the best videogame franchises (A franchise that has some of the best action scenes I have ever seen, in any medium) and make it so boring? Seriously, the action is either bland, or off screen, and the writing for 3/4 of the series is bad. There are a few episodes that are well done, but that is still unacceptable.

Oreimo: I can accept that some shows that pander to the Otaku fetishes can be good. Hell, I like a lot of Key Visual Novel anime adaptations, and those are full of Otaku fetishes. But there is a point where I have to draw the line, and a show about playing porno games with your sister is where I am drawing it. People keep telling me it is good, and I am dissapointed every time I retry it.

Gurren Lagann: Every time someone states this is their favorite mech show, I die a little bit inside. It is true I have never been a big fan of super-robot shows (Real-robots ftw) but Gurren Lagann takes it to the point where the show actually manages to give me headaches. The worst part, is that the show had a ton of potential. That first episode was cool. I think if they did a City of Ember style, we need to leave the underground city and find the surface kind of story, with the robot as their vehicle, it could have been pretty interesting. Sadly, we got a lot of two-dimensional characters, a dumb story, and a lot of bullshit explanations.

One Piece: OK, I can't say I hate One Piece, but I did watch about 20 episodes, and I was bored to tears by all of them. I really don't see why it is so popular.


Did you just say Sword Art Online was bad? Noone hates SAO, it's like bacon, how could you hate a masterpiece such as SAO?

22480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Area 11
Offline
Posted 7/17/13 , edited 8/12/14

Brycism wrote:


Willwatch4food wrote:

There isn't a single show that I can say I hate the most, but here are a few shows that do create a burning passion of hatred inside me every time I try to watch them:

K-on: I was hoping for another cool, music based anime (Like BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad). Sadly, there is very little actual music in K-on, and the little bit of it that is there is lackluster. Seriously, you would think from the quality of the show's opening that K-on would have a ton of awesome animated musical acts, but sadly it is not to be.

Elfen Lied: There is not nearly as much gore as people say there is in this show. The only really gory parts are all in the first half of the first episode. I realize this is Studio Arms we are talking about here, so maybe this might be me asking a little too much, but I would appreciate less nudity in my non-hentai anime. I can accept shows like Mezzo Forte and whatnot, because those were originally hentai that get non-hentai versions or spin-offs made because they were actually pretty good, but it is my understanding that Elfen Lied was not supposed to be a hentai. Ever. I am one of those people who doesn't really like fanservice outside of shows that are designed to be full of fanservice already. But Elfen Lied takes fanservice to a whole new level.

Sword Art Online: There really isn't anything good about this show at all other than the animation quality. The characters are bland. The supposedly riveting death scenes that I was told existed in the first few episodes were boring, and had pretty much the same effect as Another's death scenes (in other words, because none of the characters were characterized, their deaths didn't really mean anything to me), only unlike Another, there was no gore. At least Another's deaths could still be disturbing because of their gore factor even if you didn't feel anything from their death scenes. SAO's were just boring. The action was meh, and the story was laughably hilarious. Seriously, I don't think I can name a story with more plot holes.

Devil May Cry: I just have one question for the people who made this anime. How can you takes one of the best videogame franchises (A franchise that has some of the best action scenes I have ever seen, in any medium) and make it so boring? Seriously, the action is either bland, or off screen, and the writing for 3/4 of the series is bad. There are a few episodes that are well done, but that is still unacceptable.

Oreimo: I can accept that some shows that pander to the Otaku fetishes can be good. Hell, I like a lot of Key Visual Novel anime adaptations, and those are full of Otaku fetishes. But there is a point where I have to draw the line, and a show about playing porno games with your sister is where I am drawing it. People keep telling me it is good, and I am dissapointed every time I retry it.

Gurren Lagann: Every time someone states this is their favorite mech show, I die a little bit inside. It is true I have never been a big fan of super-robot shows (Real-robots ftw) but Gurren Lagann takes it to the point where the show actually manages to give me headaches. The worst part, is that the show had a ton of potential. That first episode was cool. I think if they did a City of Ember style, we need to leave the underground city and find the surface kind of story, with the robot as their vehicle, it could have been pretty interesting. Sadly, we got a lot of two-dimensional characters, a dumb story, and a lot of bullshit explanations.

One Piece: OK, I can't say I hate One Piece, but I did watch about 20 episodes, and I was bored to tears by all of them. I really don't see why it is so popular.


Did you just say Sword Art Online was bad? Noone hates SAO, it's like bacon, how could you hate a masterpiece such as SAO?



I stated why in my argument. Bland characters. Boring death scenes. Meh action. Ridiculous story. A lot of plot holes.
84 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/19/13
School days i hated it so much i never fineshed it thats how much i hated it
15781 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 7/19/13
i hate my bride is a mermaid it was really annoying
3064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/12/14
hate is a strong word, most animes i dont like i cant even say that i hate them, they just weren't good when i watched them. But the more i think about it, i am really beginning to hate Hunter x Hunter, and thats because it started so good and then turned to shit in one swoop. The Chimera Ant arc was so bad that it ruined the legacy created by the arcs before it, which were all excellent for the most part. I mean everything about it was bad, from the character design (in my opinion EVERY character introduced in the arc was garbage), to the pacing (the arc was longer than every arc before it combined), to the giant nonsensical plot holes, the lack of solid action sequences, the switch from the show being character driven to being narrated by some annoying douche for 60% of each episode....i mean i could go on forever about the infinite dimensions in which the arc sucked pure ass. I knew going into the show about the hiatus thing and that the story wouldn't be resolved completely anyways, but all the main story points and most of the key characters presented up to the arc were completely ignored during the ENTIRE ARC. after watching 131 episodes of the series (the last 50 of which i kept hoping that it would just go back to being good) and only like 6 episdoes left in the arc, i couldnt bring myself to watch another episode and will probably never watch the show again
1163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/12/14
naruto is the worst and bleach is next
1433 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Online
Posted 8/12/14 , edited 8/12/14

Brycism wrote:
Did you just say Sword Art Online was bad? Noone hates SAO, it's like bacon, how could you hate a masterpiece such as SAO?


Actually SAO pretty much has the biggest divide with it's viewers. It's like 50/50 really...

as for the topic... hmmm... can't really say that I have a show that I outright hated... hmmm... I guess I'll just say that the most disappointing show that I can remember is Yumekui Merry...
6660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Basketball Court
Offline
Posted 8/12/14
All I can think about is School Days.
2099 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 8/12/14
I dislike Sword Art Online the most right now, because I forced myself through it to try and find the appeal and never found it - total waste of time. My most hated anime before that was One Piece, though that was more of an irrational hatred based on the animation style.
2091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Buenos Aires, Arg...
Offline
Posted 8/12/14 , edited 8/17/14
Isn't 'hate' kind of a big word? I mean, they are just animation products... if you do not like something, just stop consuming it.

I remember all of my friends crazed for DBZ (when we all were on ours 8's or 9's) I just couldn't stand it as it was painfully repetitive. But I was completely in love with Saint Seiya (That was WAY more repetitive than DBZ, ha!). It was just a matter of taste. Like a food or something.

We could argue for ages to come (For example, I do not 'hate' School days or Sword art online, nor I would recommend them when some asks me some anime to watch) about which anime is the worst or which we must hate, but it would be useless: we all have different tastes.

Had said that, the shows I enjoyed the least could be:

- Elfed Lied, Chobits (The premise had potential, not good execution. Both anime and manga disappointed me in the end –Gokukoku no Brynhildr, dont do it too, please–)
- Hunter x Hunter, Bleach, One Piece, Naruto (I do not like 'pure' shonen animes, maybe if they were shorter I could give them a chance, but not feel like watching 50+ episodes to appreciate something)
- The flowers of evil (The manga, for me, was flawless, they completely ruined it on the animation)
- Panty & Stocking with Gaberbelt (I do not seem to get what the show is about, maybe I am wrong?)
- Oreimo (Specifically the second season)
- Golden Times (The second part of the show makes less and less sense as we approach to the completely dumb conclusion)

Anyway, those are just some of them, I'm sure there are plenty more that I can not remember now.
492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Heuco Mundo
Offline
Posted 8/12/14
Oreimo OVA's - those three OVA's ruined the whole anime for me.

37297 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Jabberwock Island
Offline
Posted 8/12/14 , edited 8/12/14

tretatum wrote:

Well first off:
Monster, I have seen almost everybody who talks about this show say how awesome it is. I tried watching it like twice and made it almost half way through. Can someone please tell me at what point this show becomes interesting, enthralling or the masterpiece that quite a few people have claimed it to be. I mean its usually this is right up my alley but the pacing to me is unbearable, and for something to be as slow as this was the intellectual content and moral dilemmas were surprisingly shallow. So I guess my question is at what point does it change? When does it become as good as people say it is?
Secondly:
Fate/Stay night (especially unlimited blade works), Ok this mainly stems from my absolute love of Fate/Zero. Bear in mind I know this was first so don't jump on me, but it like undermines so much of the power-scaling in zero.


I know your comment is a YEAR old but I would like to shed some light on your hate for UBW. Mind you I'm not trying to change your opinion. Its just your dislike comes from false reasoning



Holy crap this is a year old. Man. That's funny. Well either way if the user is still here go ahead and read this
1215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / space
Offline
Posted 8/12/14
onii chan dakedo
i thought it is stupid
it has no story
First  Prev  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.