First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
What age do you think its too old to watch anime?
38302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Western Australia
Offline
Posted 3/19/13
No age. It doesn't matter what you like as long as you like it.

Personally, I think I will never stop liking anime. Even if I die, I will like it in the afterlife and forever...
29630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 3/19/13

PatrickAupperleUtexas wrote:

At what age is one too old to enjoy a good story and beautiful art? I guess, when they lose their hearing and vision. Anyone who claims that you can outgrow anime is just being dumb. Let them think they are cool and go on doing what you love. Anime isn't for small children (notice Seinen manga, which often become anime, target 18-30 year old males), but even if it were, there is no reason to stop watching it.


I find anime often more mature than most American television.
Good stories know no age limit.

38425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/19/13

K-onfan1 wrote:

That would be weird to see a 90 YO otaku/ a 90 0year old at the anime expo


Why would it be weird?
Posted 3/19/13 , edited 3/19/13

rathbaster wrote:


PatrickAupperleUtexas wrote:

At what age is one too old to enjoy a good story and beautiful art? I guess, when they lose their hearing and vision. Anyone who claims that you can outgrow anime is just being dumb. Let them think they are cool and go on doing what you love. Anime isn't for small children (notice Seinen manga, which often become anime, target 18-30 year old males), but even if it were, there is no reason to stop watching it.


I find anime often more mature than most American television.
Good stories know no age limit.



Lol? TV in the US doesn't have tits showing in it. I don't count that exacly as mature...


lordseth23 wrote:


K-onfan1 wrote:

That would be weird to see a 90 YO otaku/ a 90 0year old at the anime expo


Why would it be weird?


a 90 YO cosplaying as naruto wouldn't be weird?
29765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / US of A
Offline
Posted 3/19/13
I don't really think there's an appropriate age to stop.

I think after while we just do?
38425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/19/13

K-onfan1 wrote:

a 90 YO cosplaying as naruto wouldn't be weird?


Yeah, I guess it would be unusual, but is there anything wrong with this?
Posted 3/19/13

lordseth23 wrote:


K-onfan1 wrote:

a 90 YO cosplaying as naruto wouldn't be weird?


Yeah, I guess it would be unusual, but is there anything wrong with this?


Of course not, it would look totoally cool if they did....
no disturbing whatsoever.......
37482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / University of Tex...
Offline
Posted 3/19/13

K-onfan1 wrote:


rathbaster wrote:


PatrickAupperleUtexas wrote:

At what age is one too old to enjoy a good story and beautiful art? I guess, when they lose their hearing and vision. Anyone who claims that you can outgrow anime is just being dumb. Let them think they are cool and go on doing what you love. Anime isn't for small children (notice Seinen manga, which often become anime, target 18-30 year old males), but even if it were, there is no reason to stop watching it.


I find anime often more mature than most American television.
Good stories know no age limit.



Lol? TV in the US doesn't have tits showing in it. I don't count that exacly as mature...



I'm not quite sure what your point is. Are you suggesting that American TV is more mature? I'm not sure why you bring up tits, because they exist in some American entertainment just as they do in some Japanese entertainment, but are not relevant to the conversation at hand. Anime has more well formed, thoughtful, and relatable story lines that require mature thought. Just as the Canterbury Tales, Hamlet, and King Lear and more mature than Twilight, Anime is more mature than typical American television.
Posted 3/19/13

PatrickAupperleUtexas wrote:


K-onfan1 wrote:


rathbaster wrote:


PatrickAupperleUtexas wrote:

At what age is one too old to enjoy a good story and beautiful art? I guess, when they lose their hearing and vision. Anyone who claims that you can outgrow anime is just being dumb. Let them think they are cool and go on doing what you love. Anime isn't for small children (notice Seinen manga, which often become anime, target 18-30 year old males), but even if it were, there is no reason to stop watching it.


I find anime often more mature than most American television.
Good stories know no age limit.



Lol? TV in the US doesn't have tits showing in it. I don't count that exacly as mature...



I'm not quite sure what your point is. Are you suggesting that American TV is more mature? I'm not sure why you bring up tits, because they exist in some American entertainment just as they do in some Japanese entertainment, but are not relevant to the conversation at hand. Anime has more well formed, thoughtful, and relatable story lines that require mature thought. Just as the Canterbury Tales, Hamlet, and King Lear and more mature than Twilight, Anime is more mature than typical American television.


Nevermind, I don't think you got what I meant.....
37482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / University of Tex...
Offline
Posted 3/19/13

K-onfan1 wrote:


PatrickAupperleUtexas wrote:


K-onfan1 wrote:


rathbaster wrote:


PatrickAupperleUtexas wrote:

At what age is one too old to enjoy a good story and beautiful art? I guess, when they lose their hearing and vision. Anyone who claims that you can outgrow anime is just being dumb. Let them think they are cool and go on doing what you love. Anime isn't for small children (notice Seinen manga, which often become anime, target 18-30 year old males), but even if it were, there is no reason to stop watching it.


I find anime often more mature than most American television.
Good stories know no age limit.



Lol? TV in the US doesn't have tits showing in it. I don't count that exacly as mature...



I'm not quite sure what your point is. Are you suggesting that American TV is more mature? I'm not sure why you bring up tits, because they exist in some American entertainment just as they do in some Japanese entertainment, but are not relevant to the conversation at hand. Anime has more well formed, thoughtful, and relatable story lines that require mature thought. Just as the Canterbury Tales, Hamlet, and King Lear and more mature than Twilight, Anime is more mature than typical American television.


Nevermind, I don't think you got what I meant.....


You're right. Your statement was confusing to me, but I think I understand better upon rereading it. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
Posted 3/19/13

PatrickAupperleUtexas wrote:


K-onfan1 wrote:


PatrickAupperleUtexas wrote:


K-onfan1 wrote:


rathbaster wrote:


PatrickAupperleUtexas wrote:

At what age is one too old to enjoy a good story and beautiful art? I guess, when they lose their hearing and vision. Anyone who claims that you can outgrow anime is just being dumb. Let them think they are cool and go on doing what you love. Anime isn't for small children (notice Seinen manga, which often become anime, target 18-30 year old males), but even if it were, there is no reason to stop watching it.


I find anime often more mature than most American television.
Good stories know no age limit.



Lol? TV in the US doesn't have tits showing in it. I don't count that exacly as mature...



I'm not quite sure what your point is. Are you suggesting that American TV is more mature? I'm not sure why you bring up tits, because they exist in some American entertainment just as they do in some Japanese entertainment, but are not relevant to the conversation at hand. Anime has more well formed, thoughtful, and relatable story lines that require mature thought. Just as the Canterbury Tales, Hamlet, and King Lear and more mature than Twilight, Anime is more mature than typical American television.


Nevermind, I don't think you got what I meant.....


You're right. Your statement was confusing to me, but I think I understand better upon rereading it. I apologize for the misunderstanding.


Maybe i am just sprouoting bullshit
but I don't know why you put twlight i think there is a bigger diffrence between garbage and immature.
its obviousy much more mature than basically any realitiy tv show like jerry springer no dought but not stuff like regular shows like house (that zombie show) etc
23932 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / United States
Offline
Posted 3/19/13
Anime is a medium for storytelling. It's like asking "How old do you think is too old to watch Breaking Bad?" there is no age limit.
36064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / California
Offline
Posted 3/19/13
When you're dead.
Posted 3/19/13

wicho316 wrote:

Im 20 years old and still enjoy watching anime. some friends often tell me im too old to be watching anime. I was wondering if there was alot of people around my age in crunchyroll and what their opinion is on this topic?


Also I'd liek to add, I have no idea where the hell you got that 20 is to old dude. I am sure if you go to an anime convestion you won't see al 12 year olds there
Posted 3/19/13

wicho316 wrote:

Im 20 years old and still enjoy watching anime. some friends often tell me im too old to be watching anime. I was wondering if there was alot of people around my age in crunchyroll and what their opinion is on this topic?


People use to say that about video games, some probably still do, but the average age of a gamer is 35. Point is as long as you like it their is no set age limit.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.