First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Are Americans rude?
5463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 1/24/08
We are the Kings of the World.
10670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Washington DC
Offline
Posted 1/24/08
I'm certainly not saying all Americans are rude. However in the experience of my girlfriend, she had a lot of bad experiences here in the United States over the course of a year. She said that Swedish people would "never treat others this way". In her view Americans, in General, are more rude than the Swedish.

Having been to Japan several times and interacting with and meeting many wonderful Japanese people, when I return to the United States, I can't honestly say that the people here are as nearly as nice. Maybe the Japanese people put up a front, and a lot probably do, but at least they try to put on a good face.
In the United States, it seems people don't even try to put on a good face. It isn't everyone, but it is enough to clearly make HUGE impression on anyone visiting from abroad.
10670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Washington DC
Offline
Posted 1/24/08

bebexazn wrote:

yeah,
some americans could be rude.
no offense. some americans i know living in ontario are pretty stupid. No Offense :)


No offense taken. I have to deal with stupid Americans every day. Hell, I am one.
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 1/24/08
its because they just dont care...lol... but only some are rude...
585 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/24/08
LOL!, ahah.
how'd you quote that? :|
299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Samsara
Offline
Posted 1/24/08
It really depends on where you go.If you do meet rude American's,don't take them seriously.I live in the Seattle area,people here are pretty nice,although from time to time you meet people who just say 'Fuck You' for no reason at all,just to piss people off.I knew a guy who was like that in one of my classes and I would just say in return "Yeah you'd like that wouldn't you?", and that would shut him up instantly.

Shame on you people who live in America and complain about how other American's treat you badly.I wasn't even born here,yet I know how to deal with jack wipes better than you guys.If someone really pisses you off,you need not necessarily get into a fist fight,a verbal thrashing is just as good and cuts a deeper wound.We live in a country full of madmen and crazy people,in order to deal with it,you just have to be crazier than everybody else.
Posted 1/24/08

ch0b1ts wrote:

I'm certainly not saying all Americans are rude. However in the experience of my girlfriend, she had a lot of bad experiences here in the United States over the course of a year. She said that Swedish people would "never treat others this way". In her view Americans, in General, are more rude than the Swedish.

Having been to Japan several times and interacting with and meeting many wonderful Japanese people, when I return to the United States, I can't honestly say that the people here are as nearly as nice. Maybe the Japanese people put up a front, and a lot probably do, but at least they try to put on a good face.
In the United States, it seems people don't even try to put on a good face. It isn't everyone, but it is enough to clearly make HUGE impression on anyone visiting from abroad.


Its really yeah i dunno the word for it . She left America again .
If she was a bit longer she might get used too it .
But i think more of the asian ppl are nicer. then the most ppl in the world.
And for whut i said im sure i will get 10 quotes DONT JUDGE THAT FAST..
1140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36
Offline
Posted 1/24/08
yes, I think Americans are rude, they are too blunt, and most base thier opinions on sterotype... not everything needs to be said out loud, have some class!
1704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/24/08
In America, it's "cool" to be an asshole. When our political candidates are assholes, they're a "winner". When a corporate is an asshole, he's seen as "in-control". When you're an asshole in general life, you're "not taking anyone's shit".
Posted 1/24/08
some american are rude, some are not
Posted 1/24/08
kay guyz ... i cant say i agree with that ... i am america born and raised in Queens New york... and yes i am very out spoken but not rude ... americas just let u no how they feel when they feel it ... they dont try and act happy when they are not ... i now live in canada and i feel most people here are fake ...always trying to be happy and smiling even when you think they should be mad ... so no i dont think it is a rude county and america is made up of people from all over that like ur gf who go to live in america so u have many races , religions and other things like that ... and if people keep moving there it cant be that bad ... right?!?!?!
3068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 1/24/08
im rude regardless =]
Posted 1/24/08

redmecha wrote:

yes, I think Americans are rude, they are too blunt, and most base thier opinions on sterotype... not everything needs to be said out loud, have some class!


blunt .. i think its just being truth full .. i think its better then say o i love ur shirt and then think yo wtf is she doing did u not look at herself today lol ... but thats wat i think =P
1704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/24/08
Rude can be defined as lacking delicacy and being offensive. To some other cultures, American mannerisms are offensive. So yeah, America can be a rude country.

On the flip side, many of the other countries that see America as "rude" (e.g. Japan) could be termed "fake". As in they hold their shit in and don't say anything. Is that a better form of society? That's debatable.
515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Phoenix, Arizona USA
Offline
Posted 1/24/08

Hawker wrote:

It really depends on where you go.If you do meet rude American's,don't take them seriously.I live in the Seattle area,people here are pretty nice,although from time to time you meet people who just say 'Fuck You' for no reason at all,just to piss people off.I knew a guy who was like that in one of my classes and I would just say in return "Yeah you'd like that wouldn't you?", and that would shut him up instantly.

Shame on you people who live in America and complain about how other American's treat you badly.I wasn't even born here,yet I know how to deal with jack wipes better than you guys.If someone really pisses you off,you need not necessarily get into a fist fight,a verbal thrashing is just as good and cuts a deeper wound.We live in a country full of madmen and crazy people,in order to deal with it,you just have to be crazier than everybody else.


You've got to remind yourself that there's a damn good amount of people out there in the World (let alone America) that lack the venacular to really go toe-to-toe in verbal thrashing. While people like you and I are probably pretty good at getting under people's skin with just the mere use of choice of word, it doesn't necessarily mean that the general populace can do the same. Most people are very instinctual when they argue or have a difference in opinion, and to them, it seems like the best probable choice of dealing with aggression in any form is to deal with it physically.

So, all in all, what I'm saying is that I wish there were more people with your outlook on dealing with jack asses. I totally agree with you! I'm just stating (and I'm sure you realize) a pretty obvious fact.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.