First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Are Americans rude?
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 1/24/08 , edited 4/18/08

SavageFang wrote:


emm0548 wrote:


music190 wrote:

Eh.
That's just the way iam. There are worst people out there than iam.


yeah i know.. but it dosent hurt if you dont insult a person ryt...after all.. its just his view of things...

from looking at the pics in his profile...maybe hes an american... its just that he appreciated the respect from the asians...

compared to the americans, asians (mostly) consider it a ultimate sin to show disrespect... and also thinking before saying something is something that most americans dont master... i like americans... i have many friends that are americans...
but sometimes you have to watch the words you say.


i agree with this completly... but manners aren't only in words.



hai! it should be shown in actions too... but ive never encounterd a really hospitable american... it wud be fun if i wud find an american friend who is hospitable... lol... i may be dreaming (as of now)...
4769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 1/24/08 , edited 4/18/08
america consist of many variety of races......doesnt that make all races rude.
1836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 1/24/08 , edited 4/18/08
americans aren't rude and nasty

its just the rest of the world that are pussies
4769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 1/24/08 , edited 4/18/08

HypnoSurf22 wrote:

americans aren't rude and nasty

its just the rest of the world that are pussies


LOLZ..............
17087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Within the remnan...
Offline
Posted 1/24/08 , edited 4/18/08
wow that was unnecissarily vulgar...
30 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
75 / F
Offline
Posted 1/24/08 , edited 4/18/08
it depends on what you mean by rude, I have horror stories from people in japan, Korea, Canada, etc... being rude, same as here in the us from foreigners and locals. But stereotyping America as rude is what causes a lot of the attitude i believe. It is like telling a four year old that they are stupid. How do you think they would react? They are going to fuss and scream about how it isn't true or go crying off and hide from the world. I think America needs to look at the world around them and "grow up" a bit, we are rude but we are so many other things as well. Just like every other country in the world.
For example: I have a friend that lived in Taiwan for a year in a poor section of the country as part of a rescue team. He is 6 feet tall, light skin with dark hair. They saw his arm hair and called him Monkey boy for the rest of the year, even after he asked them to stop because it embarrassed him. He got chased out but this old woman from the village too because she thought he was a demon child because of his height, and the amount of people that talked about him, calling him names right in front of his face because they thought he would be too stupid to understand them. Even when pointed out, they would blow him off and walk away. He was going to stay two years but left because he thought he was doing more damage than good. I mean people honestly would run from him when he needed help or tried to make friends. He refuses to go back now because he put up with this stuff for a year. Its everywhere, rudeness is everywhere, and we need to stop pointing fingers, because it isn't as bad as you may think.
6528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Dude where am i?
Offline
Posted 1/24/08 , edited 4/18/08
Some are, some aren't.............O and Mexico vs USA, Feb 6, fútbol(soccer)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
781 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / right here
Offline
Posted 1/24/08 , edited 4/18/08
yea it just really depends on what city you go to i believe.
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 1/24/08 , edited 4/18/08

music190 wrote:


emm0548 wrote:


music190 wrote:

Eh.
That's just the way iam. There are worst people out there than iam.


yeah i know.. but it dosent hurt if you dont insult a person ryt...after all.. its just his view of things...

from looking at the pics in his profile...maybe hes an american... its just that he appreciated the respect from the asians...

compared to the americans, asians (mostly) consider it a ultimate sin to show disrespect... and also thinking before saying something is something that most americans dont master... i like americans... i have many friends that are americans...
but sometimes you have to watch the words you say.


Well ya know, it doesent mean for him to assume that all Americans are rude just because his slut of a girlfriend thinks that America is all rude. And i know atleast three Asians that are ruder than me.


yep..youve got a point there..besides...iv never met a rude american...lol..so its going to be a shock if they wud be rude to me..

but hey, every country has its negative... having this kind of forum talking about americans are rude is rude for them too...

anyway, not taking sides here... just sayin
9631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 1/24/08 , edited 4/18/08

killar wrote:

You guys have the wrong idea.

America is split into many groups. I don't think there is ONE person in America that would disagree that Yankees (New Yorkers, city folk in general) are very rude.

But down here in the country it's a different story. I've been to New York and I couldn't stand it. The people are incredibly rude, nobody spoke to you, everyone seemed angry and things that are common in the south (saying hi to your neighbors, opening doors for others, smiling) are missing in the north.

So I can understand city folk being rude but not those of us in the country.


True....I can't stand those city-slickers. I've been to New York myself, and people were just assholes. Hell, I went to a McDonalds and said "Please" when I ordered, and the clerk seemed really surprised about it, like it was the first time in years that she heard somebody said that. o_O;
1836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 1/24/08 , edited 4/18/08

music190 wrote:


HypnoSurf22 wrote:

americans aren't rude and nasty

its just the rest of the world that are pussies


Yeah most Counties just hide behind there polite words while America isent afraid to speak there minds.
Hahaha. Joking.


no...not joking. you're absolutely right.
32691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / New York
Offline
Posted 1/24/08 , edited 4/18/08
I live the USA and in the big city, I'm always nice..... people here are busy most of the time thats why.
Posted 1/24/08 , edited 4/18/08
Its a massive, massive, massive country you cant say every single person in America is rude.
639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / lost in my own dr...
Offline
Posted 1/24/08 , edited 4/18/08
most americans tend to be rude
i've seen that first hand
10670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Washington DC
Offline
Posted 1/24/08 , edited 4/18/08
I never said I thought all Americans were rude. I posed the question that way in the Thread Subject to spark discussion and debate on the issue.
However, there were enough profoundly and overtly rude people to make a lasting negative impression on foreign visitors.

And to music190, you don't know anything about my girlfriend to be able to make judgements about her. If you are trying to prove a point, I think it has been lost on everyone here. My girlfriend happened to be a nice and sweet, albeit naive Swedish girl. The picture I posted was of her trying on different outfits and allowing me to have some fun with my digital camera. She is actually a very morally conservative and modest girl. Even though she came to live with me for a year, it was months before we even had sex because she wanted to get to know me first, since the first time we met was when I picked her up at the airport. (We met online in an MMO :p. Yeah there actually are hot chicks that play MMOs)

Anyways, she was not happy in the United States because of the treatment she received while she was here. She travels the world, just as I do and she said that she was never treated this badly in any other country. You can accept that or not but this is why I posed the question.



First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.