First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
How would everyone feel if Crunchyroll picked up shows like Young Justice?
O-Hebi 
20014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/20/13
Considering the fact that Cartoon network has abandoned a lot of shows that still have a rabid fan base would it be unseemly if Crunchyroll picked these shows up and carried on with them? It would bring a whole new group of people to CR that would only make it bigger and also introduce more people to anime as a whole. What do you guys think?
46441 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/20/13
keep in mind most shows on disney or cartoon network don't get cancel'd due to bad ratings but due to toys and dvd's not selling well sadly its the truth
13691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Somewhere.... per...
Offline
Posted 3/20/13
I don't mind...
..I like cartoons anyway...
10667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 3/20/13
i personally would not like it.
(a high percentage of animation fans can't stand anime fans)
20373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 3/20/13 , edited 3/20/13
It would bother me greatly if picking up Young Justice meant one less Anime/Drama license.

I'd rather see CR spend their money on picking up shows that have almost zero chance of being aired in the U.S. and other countries. A business has a higher chance of failing when they try to be all things to all people.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. ~Bill Cosby
20438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/20/13
I wouldn't mind, but I don't see it happening. I learned a long time ago not to get attached to anything on American tv, for every 1 thing that lasts, 10 get canceled.
25210 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Memphis, TN
Offline
Posted 3/20/13

Hairbelly wrote:

It would bother me greatly if picking up Young Justice meant one less Anime/Drama license.

I'd rather see CR spend their money on picking up shows that have almost zero chance of being aired in the U.S. and other countries. A business has a higher chance of failing when they try to be all things to all people.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. ~Bill Cosby


I agree that doing so would be a bad thing if it correspondingly limited the number of Anime/Drama shows CR could show. If it didn't, however, then I would welcome the additions, treating them like any other CR offerings--watching what interested me, and not watching what didn't.
20373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 3/20/13

moonhawk81 wrote:



I agree that doing so would be a bad thing if it correspondingly limited the number of Anime/Drama shows CR could show. If it didn't, however, then I would welcome the additions, treating them like any other CR offerings--watching what interested me, and not watching what didn't.


Agreed. As long as it wouldn't take away from the Anime/Drama quiver, I would also just watched what only interests me and ignore the rest. If CR did get into American product, I would think they'd want to re-brand themselves as many Americans are sill turned off by Anime/Manga and the resulting culture it drags along.
526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 3/20/13
i would really hate if they brought shows like that. Not that I dont mind cartoons, but the voice acting is very bad! Have you seen cartoons today? Their horrible!
26995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / your mind
Offline
Posted 3/20/13

Maraiya-chan wrote:

i would really hate if they brought shows like that. Not that I dont mind cartoons, but the voice acting is very bad! Have you seen cartoons today? Their horrible!


Adventure Time and Regular Show disprove this statement
25695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Tórshavn
Offline
Posted 3/20/13
I need tom and jerry !-.-
19276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 3/20/13
nooooooooooooooooooooooo... please no
432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / England
Offline
Posted 3/20/13

thekevin4 wrote:


Maraiya-chan wrote:

i would really hate if they brought shows like that. Not that I dont mind cartoons, but the voice acting is very bad! Have you seen cartoons today? Their horrible!


Adventure Time and Regular Show disprove this statement


Just Adventure Time, Regular Show is boring.
26995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / your mind
Offline
Posted 3/20/13

TIMMSY7 wrote:


thekevin4 wrote:


Maraiya-chan wrote:

i would really hate if they brought shows like that. Not that I dont mind cartoons, but the voice acting is very bad! Have you seen cartoons today? Their horrible!


Adventure Time and Regular Show disprove this statement


Just Adventure Time, Regular Show is boring.


I have felt the newer Regular Show eps have been a little disappointing but there are a ton of great older ones
25729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 3/20/13
I would only be okay with picking up CN crap if it meant dumping other crap - like various forms of moeblob. Either way I won't be watching it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.