First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
Post Reply RWBY and RWBY Volume 2
17354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 8/22/13
I found it to be pretty good, considering I do not like Rooster Teeth that much I think it is pretty entertaining.
61216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Online
Posted 8/22/13

GoldTStar wrote:

How are you guys liking this? I mean, im not going to watch it since its not anime but what do you guys think?


Out of curiosity, if you've already made up your mind not to watch this then why do you care?

And yes, I like it. It's fun.
24259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 8/22/13

deadpanditto wrote:


GoldTStar wrote:

How are you guys liking this? I mean, im not going to watch it since its not anime but what do you guys think?


Out of curiosity, if you've already made up your mind not to watch this then why do you care?

And yes, I like it. It's fun.


Maybe because i want to hear others opinions? Just because im not going to watch it doesn't mean i can't ask what others find good about it.
47907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 8/22/13
The show has its fair share of cliche events and characters but its, as deadpanditto said, just fun to watch.

I find it entertaining.

The voices were iffy but after a while I've grown used to them. Season 2 seems to be planned already so their acting can only get better with time and practice. I like the character interactions, I just find them likable.

Animation is stiff (except during action scenes) and lacks some detail but heck, I find it charming. This isn't big budget smooth but it gets the job done. I wouldn't be surprised if season 2 gets an increase in animation quality if this is really successful.

Music is good, seems to be all original.

When I was watching the first episode, all I was thinking was "that's it? meh" But I gave it another chance to prove me wrong and something about it just made me want to watch more and more after that. This isn't gonna win awards for "omg best animation to ever come out!! or Best original story and characters AGHHH!" but I do know this will get its followers and I guess I'm one of them now lol.
61216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Online
Posted 8/22/13

GoldTStar wrote:


deadpanditto wrote:


GoldTStar wrote:

How are you guys liking this? I mean, im not going to watch it since its not anime but what do you guys think?


Out of curiosity, if you've already made up your mind not to watch this then why do you care?

And yes, I like it. It's fun.


Maybe because i want to hear others opinions? Just because im not going to watch it doesn't mean i can't ask what others find good about it.


There are over 12 pages of post where people have expressed their opinion. It really isn't too difficult to read them.
24259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 8/22/13


OK u got it bro...not gonna bother arguing over something i don't care about. I'll just go back to watching Queen's Blade...u know an actual anime for what it's worth...
48024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 8/22/13

GoldTStar wrote:



OK u got it bro...not gonna bother arguing over something i don't care about. I'll just go back to watching Queen's Blade...u know an actual anime for what it's worth...


If you're closed minded enough to believe that everything that doesn't come out of Japan in two dimensions is terrible, I somehow doubt you were legitimately interested in hearing others opinions.

The show is certainly worth a watch. It's better than many shows that are called "anime". The soundtrack, action sequences, and weapons are all phenomenal. It certainly brings along it fair share of homages and tropes that are common in anime as well.The animation is rough around the edges and the voice acting isn't the greatest because it's, well, low budget. As long as you are open to new art styles, it works just fine though. I wouldn't mind seeing more shows like this pop up.
206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 8/23/13 , edited 8/23/13

paradox00 If you're closed minded enough to believe that everything that doesn't come out of Japan in two dimensions is terrible, I somehow doubt you were legitimately interested in hearing others opinions.


Nah, it's not the quality of the show, that's a factor. After all, many can point to series from America, that are outright great.

Instead, back in the day, anime was viewed as something "foreign" and "unAmerican". Therefore, it must be separated from all things American. Since then, anime grew to the point, where it's pretty much everywhere. Now, the converse became true.

Here we have RWBY. Many are relegating it as "fake anime", "not anime", or "anime influenced" -- because of only one reason: it wasn't made in a Japanese studio.


GoldTStar OK u got it bro...not gonna bother arguing over something i don't care about. I'll just go back to watching Queen's Blade...u know an actual anime for what it's worth...


Hopefully, starting with Avatar, RWBY, and many more -- idiot notions of "actual anime" like this one end up getting dispelled. For the record, RWBY is actual anime. At the very least, it's "anime-styled". If you don't like that idea, deal with it.
12202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
65 / M / OK
Offline
Posted 8/23/13
RWBY proves once again that americans can do cartoons but they can't do ANIME.
24259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 8/23/13


GoldTStar OK u got it bro...not gonna bother arguing over something i don't care about. I'll just go back to watching Queen's Blade...u know an actual anime for what it's worth...

Hopefully, starting with Avatar, RWBY, and many more -- idiot notions of "actual anime" like this one end up getting dispelled. For the record, RWBY is actual anime. At the very least, it's "anime-styled". If you don't like that idea, deal with it.


...but my idiot notion is true...its obviously not an anime. Neither is Avatar or Korro. Hell, one of my favorite cartoons is The Boondocks but just because its styled that way doesn't make it anime. Don't bother replying either pls.




daw48 wrote:

RWBY proves once again that americans can do cartoons but they can't do ANIME.


What!!?! How dare you say that!? Let me proceed to insult you for not liking and stating your views on americans attempts at ANIME! Because apparently that's what the "genius" above you feels.



16360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M / The academy
Offline
Posted 8/23/13
overall i really like the concept and everything else will just get better with time and money and but the one thing that bothers me is that 6 min. episodes i just cant stand it like at least do 14 min. but one thing i LOVE is their opening because it has good animation and a great song that goes with the animation
17024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Middle of Nowhere...
Offline
Posted 8/24/13
They actually put it on Crunchyroll!!!! Holy Hell
15102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/24/13

KyuuA4 wrote:


Nah, it's not the quality of the show, that's a factor. After all, many can point to series from America, that are outright great.

Instead, back in the day, anime was viewed as something "foreign" and "unAmerican". Therefore, it must be separated from all things American. Since then, anime grew to the point, where it's pretty much everywhere. Now, the converse became true.

Here we have RWBY. Many are relegating it as "fake anime", "not anime", or "anime influenced" -- because of only one reason: it wasn't made in a Japanese studio.


Hopefully, starting with Avatar, RWBY, and many more -- idiot notions of "actual anime" like this one end up getting dispelled. For the record, RWBY is actual anime. At the very least, it's "anime-styled". If you don't like that idea, deal with it.

RWBY is definitely anime-influenced and from a very strict interpretation of the word "anime", it is anime. But it doesn't feel like an anime to me.

Anime generally has amazing background art while skimping a bit on the animation. Cartoons are the opposite. RWBY follows the cartoon philosophy when it comes to animation versus art.

There's a lot of other minor things that RWBY is missing that most anime have like unusual camera angles, still shots, panning shots, long conversations and slow paced sections. The fights are very lacking in violence, even One Piece shows blood and emphasises how dangerous these situations can be.

The characters are much, much more western than you'd find in an anime. While it's not like characters like these haven't popped up in anime, it's very few and far between to have characters with these kinds of personalities.

The all female cast is more there to show female empowerment with a touch of fanservice. This is pretty much the opposite of how anime generally treats female only casts. All or heavy female casts are mainly there in anime for male, not necessarily titulation but are definitely there for the male audience and not for female empowerment.

Lots of anime don't follow the stuff that is above but it's very rare for an anime to not follow any of these. RWBY is missing all of these.

RWBY isn't anime but in a lot of ways that is it's strong suit. It can take aspects of anime and then merge them with more western ideas. So yeah, it's not nearly as bad as people say when they say "it's nothing like anime", the people from Rooster Teeth seem to have watched a lot more anime than Cowboy Bebop and DBZ but the show doesn't really feel like anime.
25372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/24/13
disappointed with the animation
mipegg 
20400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 8/24/13
Its really grown on me, hope that it gets a second season of mid length episodes (¬12 mins or so)
First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.