Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Gintama ending?!? Again?!?
17025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / U.S.
Offline
Posted 3/21/13
Little teaser of the movie at the end of the most recent episode. Gintama the final act. The charactere then start yelling and such and i was just wondering if you guys think this is another fake final act, or is it really the end?!?
Posted 3/21/13 , edited 3/21/13
With Gintama, You can never tell any more. They are the king in my opinion when they like to troll people. I think it's just that the TV Series is going to stop airing episodes until the movie starts, or so I've heard from users
11745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / West Point (USMA)
Offline
Posted 3/21/13
They've done it before, and they'll do it again. If you've watched every single episode of Gintama, then you should be expecting this as just another way of screwing with our minds.

No, I don't think it's the end. They've been building suspense about the title of that thing for a few weeks anyways. Remember the time when they showed "clips" of a supposed ending where Gintoki and Takasugi were fighting in a torn up city, emblazed with fire? and then do you remember them revealing a really cool OVA that got us all excited, but then did nothing with it?

It's Gintama. You don't know what their true intentions are.. No one does. What I'm hoping for is that "The Final Act" or whatever is real, but that it isn't the end of Gintama.
42201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 3/21/13
What if it is, and everyone is expecting it not to be. Imagine the reactions.
11745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / West Point (USMA)
Offline
Posted 3/21/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:

What if it is, and everyone is expecting it not to be. Imagine the reactions.


This boy would be very, very, very sad.
17025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / U.S.
Offline
Posted 3/21/13
Thats what i am afraid of. Eventually, when they say it is ending, it will be true. They are toying with my emotions!
Posted 3/21/13

Gyava wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:

What if it is, and everyone is expecting it not to be. Imagine the reactions.


This boy would be very, very, very sad.


And then there will be petitions everywhere, trying to get Gintama back XD
778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 3/22/13
Gintama isn't ending yet. Not the manga and neither the anime
37254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/27/13
If anything, they'll just go on hiatus for a year or so like 2 or 3 seasons ago. Or at least i hope thats all that will happen.... this anime CANNOT END!
Posted 3/27/13
If the ending of the last episode told me anything its that their trolling xD.

In all fairness in this new season we've had 13 actual new episodes and 3 long arcs from the manga with one sort of side story coming up. If my manga memory serves me correctly the Obi One arc went up to chapter 411 of the manga.

We're on chapter 439 at the moment so no surprise we're having an break.

I'd imagine its just a temporary hiatus similar to what we had after the first series. My moneys on a good year or a year and a half.

Gives time for the gorilla author to come up with some more epic storylines.

But seriously thought this movie looks awesome. Out of curiosity does anyone know how the Gintama Benzikaura rehash sold outside of Japan?

I'm hoping it did so they release it overseas quicker
8504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / i'm there. you kn...
Offline
Posted 3/27/13

lancalot160 wrote:

Little teaser of the movie at the end of the most recent episode. Gintama the final act. The charactere then start yelling and such and i was just wondering if you guys think this is another fake final act, or is it really the end?!?


that wasn't just a teaser, i think they were actually kidding about the whole movie. don't flip out. but gintama is actually supposed to end next season or so. as big of a gintama fan as i am, i'm sad too. but all good things have to end some time.
8504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / i'm there. you kn...
Offline
Posted 3/27/13

gf20 wrote:

Out of curiosity does anyone know how the Gintama Benzikaura rehash sold outside of Japan?

I'm hoping it did so they release it overseas quicker


they didn't sell it subbed in america, it's dubbed only. it's awful. i STRONGLY advise you not to watch it and/or buy it.
42201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 3/27/13 , edited 3/27/13

shadorai wrote:


gf20 wrote:

Out of curiosity does anyone know how the Gintama Benzikaura rehash sold outside of Japan?

I'm hoping it did so they release it overseas quicker


they didn't sell it subbed in america, it's dubbed only. it's awful. i STRONGLY advise you not to watch it and/or buy it.


A dub really won't work with a show like Gintama, even if the voices are good. Too many references to Japanese culture and whatnot. I also found it kind of funny reading some comments regarding the dub, one said "This sounds like voiceover crap again". Dubs in general are voice overs.. though I'm sure he was referring to fandubs but still..

Anyway, I thought the English voice for Toshiro Hijikata was spot on..

Also, they do sell it in US subbed. As well as the graphic novels.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/facetedSearch/?search=gintama#/?s=gintama&o=0

http://www.amazon.com/Gintama-Motion-Picture-Artist-Provided/dp/B0079K4XAW
Posted 3/27/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


shadorai wrote:


gf20 wrote:

Out of curiosity does anyone know how the Gintama Benzikaura rehash sold outside of Japan?

I'm hoping it did so they release it overseas quicker


they didn't sell it subbed in america, it's dubbed only. it's awful. i STRONGLY advise you not to watch it and/or buy it.


A dub really won't work with a show like Gintama, even if the voices are good. Too many references to Japanese culture and whatnot. I also found it kind of funny reading some comments regarding the dub, one said "This sounds like voiceover crap again". Dubs in general are voice overs.. though I'm sure he was referring to fandubs but still..

Anyway, I thought the English voice for Toshiro Hijikata was spot on..

Also, they do sell it in US subbed. As well as the graphic novels.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/facetedSearch/?search=gintama#/?s=gintama&o=0

http://www.amazon.com/Gintama-Motion-Picture-Artist-Provided/dp/B0079K4XAW


Its a shame they stopped releasing it at Volume 23 though. Only just got up to buying that one tooT-T

I got Gintama the movie when it came out in the UK December last year and you do have both the sub and the dub to choose from.

Personally I didn't think the dub was that bad considering they had to cast for an one off movie where the series is unlikely to be dubbed.

Although surfer hasegawa at the end did go right through me.

Hopefully the second movie performs awesome in Japan and we dont have to wait two years again
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 5/20/13
No worries gintama will release in july! New excitement will begin in new episode ......
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.