Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Baby shot
2589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/23/13
This probably sounds bad but it was a baby so it doesn't matter...
59093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Bonne Lake, WA
Offline
Posted 3/23/13
I don't understand atheism. What is it exactly you don't believe in?
32039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 3/23/13
News like these I never understand.
The question goes as far as just ''Why?''
Next stop the Book Of Revelations...
2075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 3/23/13
What? I've never heard of this news today!

Better go turn the tv on...
42229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Online
Posted 3/23/13 , edited 3/23/13

lordseth23 wrote:


turborobo wrote:

I had fun once. It was awful.


Why was it awful?


He was about to rape someone. Then he remembered he was the one being raped and that he was just blocking it out with his mind-powers of OH GOD IT HURTS!!!

V I will too.. it's a little annoying.
Posted 3/23/13

lordseth23 wrote:


K-onfan1 wrote:


Well if you don't think the world is "deepenig into evil" you must live in a land of perfection or something is just completly wrong with you.


Why do you say that? Are you disputing the work of a Harvard Professor?

http://stevenpinker.com/publications/better-angels-our-nature


Didn't a guy a while go kill some kids? didn't some guys kill some firefighters or something?
Yeah the world is going great, world peace here we come!
40470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 3/23/13

K-onfan1 wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


K-onfan1 wrote:


Well if you don't think the world is "deepenig into evil" you must live in a land of perfection or something is just completly wrong with you.


Why do you say that? Are you disputing the work of a Harvard Professor?

http://stevenpinker.com/publications/better-angels-our-nature


Didn't a guy a while go kill some kids? didn't some guys kill some firefighters or something?
Yeah the world is going great, world peace here we come!


Yes, because a small amount of bad things happened recently, means that things are worse than when a significantly greater amount of things happened in the past.

Did you even open the link and fully read it?
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/23/13 , edited 3/23/13

K-onfan1 wrote:
Didn't a guy a while go kill some kids? didn't some guys kill some firefighters or something?
Yeah the world is going great, world peace here we come!


Yes, so what is your point?
Moon Princess Moderator
269149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Heaven
Offline
Posted 3/23/13
Hi guys and gals,

It'll be best to stay away from Pyramid Quotes.

Also, we do have Site Rules here, so i'll be pointing that out as well.

Cr Site Rules
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-406095/crunchyroll-site-forum-rules
Berry King Moderator
85370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / Y / Toronto, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/23/13
Odd, my post mysteriously disappeared.

Please stay on topic. I have deleted most of the posts that were unrelated to the topic.

As for the topic discussion, I wonder what made the teens to do that (I mean other than the fact that they were asking for money).
18653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 3/23/13 , edited 3/23/13

metalsmith wrote:

I don't understand atheism. What is it exactly you don't believe in?


God(s), after life (heaven/hell), biblical laws or religious morals, etc.

"Murder" has biblical roots (see: Cain and Abel, et al). "Want of murder" is also present in many non-Christian scripts as well. There are people that don't think murder is morally wrong because they don't believe in the source that forbade human killing.


Murder
The Old Testament. Although the Israelites did not have a term that precisely fits our present-day idea of murder, they differentiated among killing, manslaughter, and murder in their legal terminology.

The Term for Murder in the Sixth Commandment. The sixth commandment ("you shall not murder" Exod 20:13 ; Deut 5:17 ) has been misunderstood because of an ambiguity in terminology.

The Hebrew word that was used in this case for "kill" (or murder) was the somewhat rare term rasah (derivatives can be found with the meaning of shatter [ Psalm 42:11 ] or slaughter [ Eze 21:27 ]). Although its exact meaning has defied explanation, in other contexts it could refer to killing that was inherently evil ( Judges 20:4 ; Job 24:14 ; Psalm 94:6 ; Isa 1:21 ; Hosea 6:9 ). It was also listed in abuses of the covenant community ( Jer 7:9 ; Hosea 4:2 ) and in lists of curses ( Deut 27:24-25 ).


Further Study: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism
59093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Bonne Lake, WA
Offline
Posted 3/23/13

Hairbelly wrote:


metalsmith wrote:

I don't understand atheism. What is it exactly you don't believe in?


God(s), after life (heaven/hell), biblical laws or religious morals, etc.

"Murder" has biblical roots (see: Cain and Abel, et al). "Want of murder" is also present in many non-Christian scripts as well. There are people that don't think murder is morally wrong because they don't believe in the source that forbade human killing.


Murder
The Old Testament. Although the Israelites did not have a term that precisely fits our present-day idea of murder, they differentiated among killing, manslaughter, and murder in their legal terminology.

The Term for Murder in the Sixth Commandment. The sixth commandment ("you shall not murder" Exod 20:13 ; Deut 5:17 ) has been misunderstood because of an ambiguity in terminology.

The Hebrew word that was used in this case for "kill" (or murder) was the somewhat rare term rasah (derivatives can be found with the meaning of shatter [ Psalm 42:11 ] or slaughter [ Eze 21:27 ]). Although its exact meaning has defied explanation, in other contexts it could refer to killing that was inherently evil ( Judges 20:4 ; Job 24:14 ; Psalm 94:6 ; Isa 1:21 ; Hosea 6:9 ). It was also listed in abuses of the covenant community ( Jer 7:9 ; Hosea 4:2 ) and in lists of curses ( Deut 27:24-25 ).


Further Study: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism


Do you dislike laws that are based upon biblical laws? and do you not believe in the idea of morality? or is it something that you just don't agree with?

Religious morals are a great baseline to start your life off on. Most people would develop morals through life experiences and how things made them feel. I find the bible a great example of cause and effect of ancient times, and of different aspects of human behavior. I don't read it for absoluteness like some people do, but at the same time, I believe it has some worth.

I understand the concept of afterlife and such not something a person may or may not believe in, as it's a fairly straight forward concept. What I don't understand the most is, have you come up with a definition of what god is? Is it the word that you dislike or is it the idea that something exists possibly beyond comprehension? (No condescension in that statement, it's just the best way I can think of to describe something I can't think of a way to describe :P)

I read about a tribe in or around India that worshiped brahmin I think. They used to have some sort of contest to describe what god was through inscrutably questions that must be responded to equally inscrutably by another question. The winner was the person who managed to silence all others, and at that point, the limits of language were laid before all who bore witness. The interesting thing about this entity or deity is that it had no direct control over the world or it's happenings, but it's existence was what allowed things to exist. Almost as if it were being described as existence it.

the line of thought, that something exists, and that existence owes itself to the fact that it exists, do atheists philosophers disregard this idea outright? or do they acknowledge it in pieces? Are there as many types of atheists as their are denominations of Christianity when it comes to something like this?

Do atheists even have philosophers?


those are the types of questions I want to ask atheists.
18653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 3/23/13 , edited 3/23/13

metalsmith wrote:




those are the types of questions I want to ask atheists.


Good questions, but way off topic. Your post will probably get deleted. You might want to ask this in the Extended Topics section.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumcategory-16/extended-discussion

Cheers.
Moderator XIV
63305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / somewhere that is...
Offline
Posted 3/23/13


No more off topic than your last post was. Not deleting anything... however... this isn't a topic about religious debate. So let's keep it on topic and leave that discussion as it is.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.