First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Will Shingeki no Kyojin be the new SAO?
55086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 3/23/13





Watch the trailer:






Simple question:
Will Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titans) be the new Sword Art Online,
in terms of popularity, but will actually remain good / decent / watchable till its last episode?
Or fall into irrelevancy after getting cut at episode 11 like Deadman Wonderland?


Discuss. Predict.

46201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 3/23/13
This won't turn into another SAO flame thread will it?
55086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 3/23/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:

This won't turn into another SAO flame thread will it?



Nope. I'm asking a legit question this time.
I'm actually interested in what people think about this new anim00.


46201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 3/23/13 , edited 3/23/13

chrome_mist wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:

This won't turn into another SAO flame thread will it?



Nope. I'm asking a legit question this time.
I'm actually interested in what people think about this new anim00.




I'll think it'll turn out nicely. I believe it will certainly be popular, but I hope that since so many people were disappointed with SAO they wouldn't praise it as the best thing ever before seeing it unfold more past the first couple episodes (though I for one enjoyed SAO). Also, unimportant, but my eyes keep focusing on my avi's boobs every time I happen to glance at it.
20991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Lichfield, UK
Offline
Posted 3/23/13

K-onfan1 wrote:

This should be posted in the "SAO season 3 thread"
And I won't be looking forward to it, I never liked SAO


Did you read the top post?
55086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 3/23/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:

I'll think it'll turn out nicely. I believe it will certainly be popular, but I hope that since so many people were disappointed with SAO they wouldn't praise it as the best thing ever before seeing it unfold more past the first couple episodes (though I for one enjoyed SAO). Also, unimportant, but my eyes keep focusing on my avi's boobs every time I happen to glance at it.



Good point. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
But that trailer looks fucking amazing I can't....





K-onfan1 wrote:

This should be posted in the "SAO season 3 thread"
And I won't be looking forward to it, I never liked SAO



Although the thread has SAO on it, this isn't really about SAO
so I don't see why this should be posted in that thread.


4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/23/13
I think I had enough of this overrated anime.
71834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 3/23/13
could be worse
133228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 3/23/13
It depends I think although honestly, I think that the manga is pretty decent. Now, the direction on how Production I.G. will take this is the real question along with the way it will be adapted.
55086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 3/23/13

DeckardXLeah wrote:

I think I had enough of this overrated anime.






read first post plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz




AnimeKami wrote:

could be worse



Could be.

zuby 
21050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 3/23/13
hmm the trailer looks...FEKKING EPIC
27137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Jackson, MS
Offline
Posted 3/23/13 , edited 3/23/13
I doubt it to be honest, but I'm also one of the few who aren't super-hyped about it. However, I go realize that this will probably be the #1 seller next season, unless some show comes out of nowhere and surpasses it or it falls below people's expectations.
20991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Lichfield, UK
Offline
Posted 3/23/13
Looks pretty good, hope CR gets the stream otherwise fansub it is.
46201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 3/23/13

chrome_mist wrote:


read first post plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz



I think the title should be changed to avoid confusion, because obviously people are incapable of reading first posts anymore.
20125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 3/23/13 , edited 3/23/13

chrome_mist wrote:


Simple question:
Will Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titans) be the new Sword Art Online,
in terms of popularity, but will actually remain good / decent / watchable till its last episode?
Or fall into irrelevancy after getting cut at episode 11 like Deadman Wonderland?


Not sure if Attack on Titans will be the new SAO in terms of popularity. Hard to predict at this point. I can say that I'm looking forward to checking out. Love the premise, the animation looks hot, and the writing....well, it's probably crap (so was SAO's writing, but that didn't stop it).

Will Attack on Titans remain watchable and engaging for an entire 12-13 episode run? Hmm...odds don't favor it, but there usually are one or two surprise shows that come along and hypnotize a bulk of the anime community. Could be Attack on Titans.

Or not.

Either way, I'll give it my usual three episodes before making a decision. If the budget doesn't run out by episode 3, I'll hang with it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.