First  Prev  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  112  Next  Last
Post Reply Nisekoi
41309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / KS, USA
Online
Posted 8/19/14

Well_Spoken_Man wrote:


MacMeaties wrote:

Just gonna throw this out there... anyone who seriously thinks anyone other than Chitoge will win will be disappointed.

Doesn't mean you can't ship other girls (hell I almost never ship the girl that wins even though I usually know who will) but just don't rage when yours doesn't win cause it isn't like you can see it a mile off.


I certainly wouldn't put any money on any other girl, but I don't think that Chitoge is a sure thing. For all her character development, she stills lags behind Marika in the popularity polls, and the mangaka still has plenty of leeway to make adjustments. I hold out a small hope that Haru will evolve into a legitimate contender. Her arcs where she falls for Raku have all come after the last popularity poll, and I think she could topple Kosaki for the top spot. I do think t hat Kosaki will not win out. She has flubbed to many chances to pull it off now, and I just get the impression that the mangaka decided on her role in the ending a long time ago. Most likely though, it will be Chitoge.




Pretty much all of this that I am too lazy to type out.

Also wonder how different the polls would be now, that poll was from sometime last year iirc, early last year as well. Either way Yui has come in to throw things in chaos and a lot of the girls have had great and lacking arcs since then.
1224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Glendale, CA
Offline
Posted 8/19/14
sad no chapter last week
32218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Rulid Village
Offline
Posted 8/19/14 , edited 8/19/14

Well_Spoken_Man wrote:

I certainly wouldn't put any money on any other girl, but I don't think that Chitoge is a sure thing. For all her character development, she stills lags behind Marika in the popularity polls, and the mangaka still has plenty of leeway to make adjustments. I hold out a small hope that Haru will evolve into a legitimate contender. Her arcs where she falls for Raku have all come after the last popularity poll, and I think she could topple Kosaki for the top spot. I do think t hat Kosaki will not win out. She has flubbed to many chances to pull it off now, and I just get the impression that the mangaka decided on her role in the ending a long time ago. Most likely though, it will be Chitoge.




Chitoge is behind Marika in this particular poll for one reason and one reason alone. one Marika fan, Y-san, cast several hundred votes for Marika, the mangaka even thanks Y-san in that image you posted
51719 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 8/19/14
Man Japan, I don't understand you and your Onodera circle jerk.
18728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Northern Ireland
Offline
Posted 8/19/14
I'd love if popularity polls swayed mangaka more often but sadly they rarely do (if they did I'd be pulling a Y-san all over Tsugumi lol). They tend to have an ending planned well in advance of starting the story and anything in between that is just ship teasing.

Collectively there are more people who don't want Chitoge to win than there are who do so it would be nice if the mangaka did surprise us with one of the other girls winning out but honestly I'd be very surprised if that happened.

This is actually one of the reasons I've began to read/watch harems and romcoms a lot less. The endings tend to be quite predictable simply because of the very trope heavy way those genres work and the transparency of the author so the ship teasing of the other girls feels superfluous.
41309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / KS, USA
Online
Posted 8/19/14

ss4chris wrote:

sad no chapter last week :(


Obon festivities, WSJ did have a special out this week though. For another series of course.


Rito2Ru wrote:

Man Japan, I don't understand you and your Onodera circle jerk.


That best waifu material brah.
1224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Glendale, CA
Offline
Posted 8/19/14 , edited 8/19/14

Stonewolfe wrote:


ss4chris wrote:

sad no chapter last week :(


Obon festivities, WSJ did have a special out this week though. For another series of course.


Rito2Ru wrote:

Man Japan, I don't understand you and your Onodera circle jerk.


That best waifu material brah.


WSJ?

best waifu for who?

foools? Introverted shy people?

ya i guess

best waifu is a toss up between Yui and Marika andmaybe Chitoge.
41309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / KS, USA
Online
Posted 8/19/14

ss4chris wrote:


Stonewolfe wrote:


ss4chris wrote:

sad no chapter last week :(


Obon festivities, WSJ did have a special out this week though. For another series of course.


Rito2Ru wrote:

Man Japan, I don't understand you and your Onodera circle jerk.


That best waifu material brah.


WSJ?

best waifu for who?

foools? Introverted shy people?

ya i guess

best waifu is a toss up between Yui and Marika andmaybe Chitoge.


Weekly Shonen Jump, aka the legal way to read this series.


Also Japanese have always preferred the shy quiet type as "waifu" material.

Girls like Marika are too pushy, Yui too noisy. Chitoge I am pretty sure even to the Japanese is more of a "yeah we realize she will win so we sorta like her I guess..." sorta thing.

I have learned in however long I have been keeping up with this series that whom the Japanese like and whom we like here in the West, is VASTLY different.
10325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 8/19/14

remassie wrote:



That still puts Chitoge way behind Kosaki and on fairly even terms with Marika. I like Chitoge, but she's loosing to one of the most boring harem girls ever and is on the same level as comic relief (sorry Marika, the truth hurts). Will any of this effect the mangaka's plans? Probably not, but it is possible.



Rito2Ru wrote:

Man Japan, I don't understand you and your Onodera circle jerk.


They just have the wrong Onadera, but that will change. You cannot be blind to Haru's superiority for long.




I don't dislike Kosaki, but the story has done nothing for her. At this point I'm starting to question her feelings for Raku. If she has liked him since middle school then she should have been able to spit it out by now.


41309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / KS, USA
Online
Posted 8/19/14
Anyone else waiting for the chapter where everyone (and their mothers) confess to Raku?






No? Just me?
12458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / AR
Offline
Posted 8/19/14

Stonewolfe wrote:

Anyone else waiting for the chapter where everyone (and their mothers) confess to Raku?






No? Just me?

I'm waiting for Marika's parrot to make an appearance again.

51719 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 8/19/14 , edited 8/19/14

Stonewolfe wrote:


ss4chris wrote:

sad no chapter last week :(


Obon festivities, WSJ did have a special out this week though. For another series of course.


Rito2Ru wrote:

Man Japan, I don't understand you and your Onodera circle jerk.


That best waifu material brah.


You cray cray wolfe. Cray cray.


Well_Spoken_Man wrote:

They just have the wrong Onadera, but that will change. You cannot be blind to Haru's superiority for long.




I don't dislike Kosaki, but the story has done nothing for her. At this point I'm starting to question her feelings for Raku. If she has liked him since middle school then she should have been able to spit it out by now.




Exactly.


Stonewolfe wrote:

Anyone else waiting for the chapter where everyone (and their mothers) confess to Raku?






No? Just me?


Raku runs away from them, confused by these emotions inside of him. He thinks to himself "who is it that I truly love?"
As he wanders, he finds himself at the riverbank. He settles down on the grass and lies on his back, looking as the clouds pass, thinking all the while.
He closes his eyes for a bit and when he opens them again, his view of the sky is obscured. A glint of light off a reflective surface reveals to Raku what or who in this case, is blocking the sunlight.
Its his best friend Shu. "I knew I'd find you here" he said with that signature mischievous smile of his.
He sits down next to Raku...and suddenly Raku realizes the truth. Who it was that has always been beside him through thick or thin, who has always looked out for him even though it can be annoying and overbearing at times. His heart started to beat rapidly...

To be continued next chapter in Rito2Ru's fanfic corner.
41309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / KS, USA
Online
Posted 8/19/14

Rito2Ru wrote:

Raku runs away from them, confused by these emotions inside of him. He thinks to himself "who is it that I truly love?"
As he wanders, he finds himself at the riverbank. He settles down on the grass and lies on his back, looking as the clouds pass, thinking all the while.
He closes his eyes for a bit and when he opens them again, his view of the sky is obscured. A glint of light off a reflective surface reveals to Raku what or who in this case, is blocking the sunlight.
Its his best friend Shu. "I knew I'd find you here" he said with that signature mischievous smile of his.
He sits down next to Raku...and suddenly Raku realizes the truth. Who it was that has always been beside him through thick or thin, who has always looked out for him even though it can be annoying and overbearing at times. His heart started to beat rapidly...

To be continued next chapter in Rito2Ru's fanfic corner.


3760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / Uma no Hone
Offline
Posted 8/20/14 , edited 8/20/14

Rito2Ru wrote:

Raku runs away from them, confused by these emotions inside of him. He thinks to himself "who is it that I truly love?"
As he wanders, he finds himself at the riverbank. He settles down on the grass and lies on his back, looking as the clouds pass, thinking all the while.
He closes his eyes for a bit and when he opens them again, his view of the sky is obscured. A glint of light off a reflective surface reveals to Raku what or who in this case, is blocking the sunlight.
Its his best friend Shu. "I knew I'd find you here" he said with that signature mischievous smile of his.
He sits down next to Raku...and suddenly Raku realizes the truth. Who it was that has always been beside him through thick or thin, who has always looked out for him even though it can be annoying and overbearing at times. His heart started to beat rapidly...

To be continued next chapter in Rito2Ru's fanfic corner.




EDIT:

When Raku opens his eyes, he sees not the grassy hill he was resting on a moment before, but instead the bleak room of some hospital. At first he has no idea how he got there, until his best friend Shuu Maiko enters and tells him the entire story. In reality, Raku was asleep in a vegetative state for almost 10 years, and that nothing he experienced had actually happened.


Then things continue to unfold the way Rito2Ru wrote...
32218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Rulid Village
Offline
Posted 8/22/14 , edited 8/22/14




First  Prev  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  112  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.