Remove this ad
First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
Post Reply Nisekoi
17226 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 9/27/13
I actually find this manga funny and have the English version on pre-order. I'm excited for the anime as well.
38600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 10/2/13
Praise all that is amazing in the world, Kana Asumi has joined the Nisekoi anime cast to voice Marika.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-02/kana-asumi-joins-nisekoi-anime-cast
10284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Dark Continent
Offline
Posted 10/2/13

Rito2Ru wrote:

Praise all that is amazing in the world, Kana Asumi has joined the Nisekoi anime cast to voice Marika.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-02/kana-asumi-joins-nisekoi-anime-cast


Yes! Not only is she my favorite character right now (you never know with these harems) but if she's in the anime that means at least 40-50 chapters animated, maybe more.

I hope we get the whole first year (75 chapters). It ended right before they announced the anime so... fingers crossed.
17451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Online
Posted 10/4/13
Chapters 93:

Calories are bad. That's the only way to describe this chapter.
11554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / California, Unite...
Online
Posted 10/4/13
As Evilshadowx stated, they are definitely bad
Image
38600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 10/4/13
and back to filler, I'm guessing the rest of the chapters until chapter 100 will be the same

Onodera, don't worry, you look fine
4326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M / Suing the directo...
Offline
Posted 10/5/13
Chapter 93 was so cute. Girls, don't skip on those meals. Just eat healthy, exercise regularly, and be comfortable with your own body.
11554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / California, Unite...
Online
Posted 10/9/13
Chapter 94
So the day after Kirisaki-san's birthday is...
. It's, in my opinion, a sweet chapter because we get to see a moment that...
Looks like the route is moving forward Looking forward to the next chapter!
122499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 10/9/13
It's nice to talk a little glimpse down memory lane with costume.
1053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/9/13 , edited 10/9/13
Complaining incoming :
I really think this manga took a nosedive somewhere.
It's too bad it's a harem, because almost all the characters are not interesting at all (read every girl that is not Chitoge) (Onodera too bland, Marika too pushy, Tsugumi too <insert something here>).
Raku x Onodera is not interesting in the slightest (93 chapters without almost no advancement what so ever), and the whole pendant-thing lost it touch when it was more than two keys (4, 3 revealed? Would have lost it touch either way, but still).
Chitoge as a chaser would have been good if it wasn't for the 4 (?) others chasing.

Maybe it's wrong to expect shoujo romance from a shounen manga, but why base a manga on romance and then make the romance so not interesting.

Does anybody see where i'm coming from? Other opinions on the subject?
(Gief hate, pl0x)

EDIT: Also there is never really a development in either route, it's pretty much blushing and tsun-tsun
17451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Online
Posted 10/9/13
I enjoyed this last chapter. It didn't seem like the typical filler they throw in...it was cute.
11554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / California, Unite...
Online
Posted 10/9/13 , edited 10/9/13

Jslymd wrote:

Complaining incoming :
I really think this manga took a nosedive somewhere.
It's too bad it's a harem, because almost all the characters are not interesting at all (read every girl that is not Chitoge) (Onodera too bland, Marika too pushy, Tsugumi too <insert something here>).
Raku x Onodera is not interesting in the slightest (93 chapters without almost no advancement what so ever), and the whole pendant-thing lost it touch when it was more than two keys (4, 3 revealed? Would have lost it touch either way, but still).
Chitoge as a chaser would have been good if it wasn't for the 4 (?) others chasing.

Maybe it's wrong to expect shoujo romance from a shounen manga, but why base a manga on romance and then make the romance so not interesting.

Does anybody see where i'm coming from? Other opinions on the subject?
(Gief hate, pl0x)

EDIT: Also there is never really a development in either route, it's pretty much blushing and tsun-tsun


I can see where you're coming from, but in my opinion, I just love the characters/story. I don't know, I could be stupid and don't know what I'm talking about because I still lack something or it could be from the years of watching many different anime series that makes me see that the magic in still there from when I read the first chapter. I don't know honestly. Admittedly, even though the author haven't made any real headway with the pendant portion; I just love reading and looking forward to seeing what's going to happen to what character(s).
38600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 10/9/13
The path to a woman's heart is through her stomach...in Haru's case at least haha

Seems to me that Haru is the more interesting of the two sisters.





After close to a hundred chapters, it is no surprise some people want to see more. On the other hand, there are people like me who enjoy reading even the "filer".

In a romantic comedy sense, I actually prefer Nisekoi's approach.
I like seeing their interactions and I can connect with the characters more because we know more about them over time. You're not supposed to like all the girls, it's clear they want you to choose a favorite and cheer for them to be the winner. Like for me, I prefer Tsugumi over the others.

Have you read To Love Ru? This is similar to that. Boy likes girl. Girl likes boy. Introduce other girl to boy. Other girl falls for boy. Boy begins to develop feelings for other girl while at the same time tries to keep feelings for first girl. But with Nisekoi, there is little to no ecchi and the characters are more likable. And there is somewhat of an overarching plot compared to To Love Ru which is more fanservice based plot.

And you also have to understand, Nisekoi has been doing consistently ok / good in the shonen jump rankings. This usually guarantees a manga's continuity. Thus, if there is actual continued development in the character's relationship, then the manga would be closer to ending. Why would you want to quickly end your own successful manga that is soon getting an anime adaptation by one of the most popular animation studio in Japan which would most likely help boost manga sales even more?
1053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/10/13

Rito2Ru wrote:

And you also have to understand, Nisekoi has been doing consistently ok / good in the shonen jump rankings. This usually guarantees a manga's continuity. Thus, if there is actual continued development in the character's relationship, then the manga would be closer to ending. Why would you want to quickly end your own successful manga that is soon getting an anime adaptation by one of the most popular animation studio in Japan which would most likely help boost manga sales even more?


Because you want to make a good but short manga rather than a long and bad.

Try remembering back to early in the series when Raku made those small steps together with Chitoge, like:
Chapter 6, Raku realizes Chitoge doesn't have friends and offers to help her with the notebook.
Chapter 9, Raku acts as moral support to the scared Chitoge in the pitch black warehouse. Don't forget they almost kissed here (kya).
Chapter 11, Raku acts on reflex and saves Chitoge from drowning, Onodera watches with the "Raku really cares about Chitoge"-look.
Chapter 12, Chitoge when she tries to thank Raku for saving her.
Chapter 14, Chitoge fixes pendant.
Chapter 16, Chitoge hopes that Raku wins the duel against Tsugumi.

Chapter 19, Chitoge comes to visit when Raku is sick.


This is development, and this was the best part of the series. No such development is present anymore and that hurts the series.
38600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 10/10/13 , edited 10/10/13

Jslymd wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

And you also have to understand, Nisekoi has been doing consistently ok / good in the shonen jump rankings. This usually guarantees a manga's continuity. Thus, if there is actual continued development in the character's relationship, then the manga would be closer to ending. Why would you want to quickly end your own successful manga that is soon getting an anime adaptation by one of the most popular animation studio in Japan which would most likely help boost manga sales even more?


Because you want to make a good but short manga rather than a long and bad.

Try remembering back to early in the series when Raku made those small steps together with Chitoge, like:
Chapter 6, Raku realizes Chitoge doesn't have friends and offers to help her with the notebook.
Chapter 9, Raku acts as moral support to the scared Chitoge in the pitch black warehouse. Don't forget they almost kissed here (kya).
Chapter 11, Raku acts on reflex and saves Chitoge from drowning, Onodera watches with the "Raku really cares about Chitoge"-look.
Chapter 12, Chitoge when she tries to thank Raku for saving her.
Chapter 14, Chitoge fixes pendant.
Chapter 16, Chitoge hopes that Raku wins the duel against Tsugumi.

Chapter 19, Chitoge comes to visit when Raku is sick.


This is development, and this was the best part of the series. No such development is present anymore and that hurts the series.


Short success or long success. It's an easy choice.

If something is currently successful, you want it to stay that way for as long as possible. You don't want to end it. Good or not. People are still enjoying it as seen by its rankings.
First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.