First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Do you have/Want to have tattoos?
33600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / ~outside your win...
Offline
Posted 3/25/13
i want a music note on my wrist and a cherry on my hip
12048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/25/13
Don't have any tattoos right now but would like at least one. Right now I'm thinking a chibi version of Yomiko Readman from Read or Die.
Posted 3/25/13
I want one but I am not allowed one. I have been told by my boyfriend that tats on women is trashy.
4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/25/13

DudeItsMark wrote:

I want a tattoo, but my parents would not approve :/

I want a Maori tattoo, not just because it looks awesome, but because it can tell the story of your life and I've always been fascinated with Maori culture.

If you already have a tattoo, what is it and where is it ( there are obvious places that shouldn't be mentioned)?





The Maori folks are also good at jade carving, maybe that interests you instead? That way you can enjoy their art and have your parents approval.
2901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Canada eh
Offline
Posted 3/25/13

DeckardXLeah wrote:


DudeItsMark wrote:

I want a tattoo, but my parents would not approve :/

I want a Maori tattoo, not just because it looks awesome, but because it can tell the story of your life and I've always been fascinated with Maori culture.

If you already have a tattoo, what is it and where is it ( there are obvious places that shouldn't be mentioned)?





The Maori folks are also good at jade carving, maybe that interests you instead? That way you can enjoy their art and have your parents approval.


That sounds really interesting. I doubt they have anything like that though in my area. It doesn't matter anyways, since New Zealand is one of the many places I want to travel to.
33415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / A magical far awa...
Offline
Posted 3/25/13
I would like to get a tattoo of a bird being set free from a cage and flying away sometime in the future, for symbolic reasons.
4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/25/13

DudeItsMark wrote:


DeckardXLeah wrote:


DudeItsMark wrote:

I want a tattoo, but my parents would not approve :/

I want a Maori tattoo, not just because it looks awesome, but because it can tell the story of your life and I've always been fascinated with Maori culture.

If you already have a tattoo, what is it and where is it ( there are obvious places that shouldn't be mentioned)?





The Maori folks are also good at jade carving, maybe that interests you instead? That way you can enjoy their art and have your parents approval.


That sounds really interesting. I doubt they have anything like that though in my area. It doesn't matter anyways, since New Zealand is one of the many places I want to travel to.



Yes, in Canada you won't find many stores that sell jade carvings made by Maori sculptors, but I think you might find some made by first nation sculptors, after all our Jade is very good quality many folks have the misconception that Jade from Canada is of lower quality, but it is not true. Our jade is nephrite jade it is the strongest and most beautiful jade of all.



4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/25/13

NightBlaze wrote:

I would like to get a tattoo of a bird being set free from a cage and flying away sometime in the future, for symbolic reasons.


Ma'am you are weird
33415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / A magical far awa...
Offline
Posted 3/25/13


Yes I know I am weird lol But why do you say so, sir?
1536 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Somewhere fun
Offline
Posted 3/25/13
I wanted to get a tattoo, but I couldn't decide what design I wanted or where I would put it. Plus, I am terrified of pain. Not of needles, but pain.
4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/25/13

NightBlaze wrote:



Yes I know I am weird lol But why do you say so, sir?



because I want to get your attention and hit on you...

Sorry I'll go now.
33415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / A magical far awa...
Offline
Posted 3/25/13


.......I'm not gonna lie, that was a bit awkward xD, just sayin
Tarya 
47511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / Glen Allen, Virgi...
Offline
Posted 3/25/13
Yes, got a tattoo above my left ankle when I turned 18. It is a wreath of blue flowers (made to go around your navel really, but I thought it was cute and wanted it on my ankle).
It is a little faded now, so the flowers almost match the green leaves...I would like to have it re-filled and change the flowers to white with yellow centers (like daisies). And I want to add a dragonfly...just haven't found a chance to go and do it.
That and my husband is really against tattoos for some reason...

Tattoos are still one of those things that people look at when you are going to get employed (not that they should discriminate, but that is just the way of the world for now), so in my opinion, just be aware of the location and if it can be covered if necessary.
7793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 3/25/13

kritter09 wrote:

I want one but I am not allowed one. I have been told by my boyfriend that tats on women is trashy.

nooooo it's two-thousand-thirteen. The only thing is maybe too many tattoos on a girl isn't always a good look. and NEVER get one on your lower back...... just don't do it
24505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/25/13

radioxstar wrote:

I wanted to get a tattoo, but I couldn't decide what design I wanted or where I would put it. Plus, I am terrified of pain. Not of needles, but pain.


The pain you think it will be is not as bad as it actually looks like sometimes yes it can be a tiny bit painful at first for maybe like the first 3-10 minutes but after that your arm kind of goes numb to the feeling it has a heat sensation from the gun and kind of like an electric shock (very very tiny voltage feeling) but it does not hurt as bad as you think it does I have very little tolerance for pain and was able to handle the tattoo without being in pain or being bothered by it and got it on the boniest part of my arm
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.