Is Gintama: Courtesan of a Nation Arc one of the best story arcs you've ever seen?
55114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 3/27/13

Gintama: Courtesan of a Nation



And I'm not just talking about Gintama, but all of the anim00z you've seen.

Gintama is my 2nd favorite anime of all time (it used to be my #1) and this last arc
made me remember what I love and enjoy about Gintama.

I never thought I would cry again after watching an anime (AnoHana, Angel Beats! were the last)
but at the end of the arc it was just so beautiful yet heartbreaking at the same time
that I couldn't hold back my tears any longer.
Also, the swordfight scenes of Gintoki and Oburo just put Bleach to shame.

The untouchable comedy, epic fight scenes and the amazing characters
are all just what I needed to bring my love for this show back to life.
(Not that it was gone but whatever)



Let's discuss this masterpiece of an arc.


Posted 3/27/13
It's my second favorite arc after the Yoshiwara arc. Easily one of the best arcs!! And I agree that fight scene was just epic, and Gintoki was right: they don't need no bankai in this anime. I also loved the lineup of characters (Yorozua, Shinsengumi, Mimawarigumi, Shogun, Tsuki...) to make this arc even more epic.
70271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/27/13
Shit, I forgot all about Gintama since most of their stuff is just reruns atm. Can people tell me like, what's new after the Kintoki ark?
Banned
34165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 3/27/13
Noooo, Soul Society arc.
Posted 3/27/13

haikinka wrote:

Shit, I forgot all about Gintama since most of their stuff is just reruns atm. Can people tell me like, what's new after the Kintoki ark?


After about 8 reruns they did the Courtesan arc (one of the best), then after 3 reruns again, they did the Star wars parody arc which finished last week, there's still one new episode this week before this season (or show ) ends...
8498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / i'm there. you kn...
Offline
Posted 3/27/13
i agree, this was definitely one of the better arcs. but who am i kidding, all of gintama is fantastic.
8498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / i'm there. you kn...
Offline
Posted 3/27/13

koreissi wrote:


haikinka wrote:

Shit, I forgot all about Gintama since most of their stuff is just reruns atm. Can people tell me like, what's new after the Kintoki ark?


After about 8 reruns they did the Courtesan arc (one of the best), then after 3 reruns again, they did the Star wars parody arc which finished last week, there's still one new episode this week before this season (or show ) ends...


don't worry, this season won't be the end of gintama.
Posted 3/27/13

shadorai wrote:

don't worry, this season won't be the end of gintama.


I really hope so! Especially since that avatar of yours has been in more openings than episodes . Nah but he's awesome...
8498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / i'm there. you kn...
Offline
Posted 3/27/13

koreissi wrote:


shadorai wrote:

don't worry, this season won't be the end of gintama.


I really hope so! Especially since that avatar of yours has been in more openings than episodes . Nah but he's awesome...


hey! it's not my fault that sorachi-san has only put me in 10-15 episodes...
70271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/27/13

koreissi wrote:

After about 8 reruns they did the Courtesan arc (one of the best), then after 3 reruns again, they did the Star wars parody arc which finished last week, there's still one new episode this week before this season (or show ) ends...


Cheers babes
806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 3/27/13
Agree, definitely the best arc yet. The story line, some revelations about the past, the characters involved, the fights, the outcome... Everything was perfect!!!
40372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 3/27/13 , edited 3/27/13
Not even my favorite Gintama arc (definitely up there though). It did re-kindle my love of Sasaki Isaburo, though -- I totally forgot about him, for like, a year.

But yeah, Gintama is pretty good. And by that, I mean that it's one of my favorite shows in history. But no, it doesn't have the best arc in all of anime.
55114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 3/27/13

CarboKill wrote:

Noooo, Soul Society arc.



I love how devoted you are.
Yes, Soul Society arc shits on many others.




One Punch Mod
49527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 10/20/13
Forum cleanup. Clearing out threads that have been inactive for more than 6 months.

locked and closed
You must be logged in to post.