Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Should the wife or husband name the child?
777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 3/30/13
Why should anyone be above anyone else in a _marriage_ they've already devoted the rest of their lives to eachother, why make it misserable for one of them? Like i'd be seriously depressed if i had a wife, and we had a baby and it was called lets say Ben and our last names was Dover, common joke right? I wouldnt allow my kid to go through that shit and rather stab her and kill the baby for the sake of that shit[/overlydramatic]

But in a seriousness its should be both, as its the step to becoming a family, not a wife-kid relationsship where the father just magicly raises the kid outta nowhere wtf? Its tbh fine if she wants to name it, but then it has to be a good name, if i dont agree i'll voice my opinion, and if she doesnt hear me, or is willing to let me have a say, then thats only my child in terms of blood and i will give 0 fucks about it sorry.

But if its a question which gender should make the call if the other one is unable, i'd say male why? simply because you said that the wife should and i gotta say that i think you should really, really just go live in a basement and dont meet any people or have any kids No offence but this topic is decent, but the OP is really really bad.
ispy12 
31533 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/30/13
why can't they discuss it ???
or the guy decide for the boy name and the woman for the girl name or vice versa
4935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth
Offline
Posted 3/30/13 , edited 3/30/13

Wrathfulram wrote:


PhyongHwa wrote:

Whoever the wife decides should name the child. She risks her life in childbirth, and has the crap stretched out of her privates (and if stuff goes wrong, gets sliced up too). Giving birth is just like having surgery without anesthesia, the man is just a spectator. No amount of monetary compensation or act (except lifesaving) can ever equal the "cost" of a life. The woman's gift to her husband is the child, his gift should at the very least be to not argue about whatever name she chooses.......besides, the husband already gave the child his last name.........

........but I think traditionally the husband names the sons and the wife names the daughters.....This is one of the many things that should be discussed before marriage(how each other feels about the issue).


I guess 18 years of working to death to feed and keep a roof over the head of the child doesnt equal 9 months and a few hours of labor with like a less then 1% chance of actually dieing during birth....

Now you see how retarded i sounded? ya thats what your post sounded like.


I don't know what planet you come from, but nowadays women work outside the home as well as inside, so your point is moot. Average time in active labor is 16 hours....not "a few". While the percentage of women dying during childbirth is low, those in United States have a higher risk of dying in pregnancy-related complications than women in 49 other countries, Kuwait, Bulgaria, Spain, Greece, and South Korea to name a few . Also, that is not counting those who died in pregnancy (before birth), nor those who die after they leave the hospital. Other issues are complications, conditions like chronic illnesses that are acquired in pregnancy and stay with the mother for her lifetime, and the risk of various psychoses for which there are no accurate statistics due to under- reporting. You'll never know what it is like to carry a child and give birth, so you have no basis to compare between that and working; to attempt to do so is imbecilic.
10460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Washington State USA
Offline
Posted 3/30/13

PhyongHwa wrote:


Wrathfulram wrote:


PhyongHwa wrote:

Whoever the wife decides should name the child. She risks her life in childbirth, and has the crap stretched out of her privates (and if stuff goes wrong, gets sliced up too). Giving birth is just like having surgery without anesthesia, the man is just a spectator. No amount of monetary compensation or act (except lifesaving) can ever equal the "cost" of a life. The woman's gift to her husband is the child, his gift should at the very least be to not argue about whatever name she chooses.......besides, the husband already gave the child his last name.........

........but I think traditionally the husband names the sons and the wife names the daughters.....This is one of the many things that should be discussed before marriage(how each other feels about the issue).


I guess 18 years of working to death to feed and keep a roof over the head of the child doesnt equal 9 months and a few hours of labor with like a less then 1% chance of actually dieing during birth....

Now you see how retarded i sounded? ya thats what your post sounded like.


I don't know what planet you come from, but nowadays women work outside the home as well as inside, so your point is moot. Average time in active labor is 16 hours....not "a few". While percentage of dying during childbirth is low, those in United States have a higher risk of dying of pregnancy-related complications than those in 49 other countries, including Kuwait, Bulgaria, and South Korea. Also, that is not counting those who died in pregnancy (before birth), nor those who die after they leave the hospital. Other things are complications, conditions like chronic illnesses that stay with the mother for her lifetime, and the risk of various psychoses which there are no accurate statistics for due to under- reporting. You'll never know what it is like to carry a child and give birth, so you have no basis to compare between that and working, to try to do so is imbecilic.


You missed my point, I should of just came out straight and called you sexist/feminist
59093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Bonne Lake, WA
Online
Posted 3/30/13
both. Nuff said
4935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth
Offline
Posted 3/30/13

Wrathfulram wrote:



You missed my point, I should of just came out straight and called you sexist/feminist


That's so funny, 'cause nothing could be further from the truth. You can't presume to know me solely on the basis of my opinion on child naming.

11156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
113 / M
Offline
Posted 3/30/13
the child he/she has to live with it
4427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 3/31/13
Oh, of course. The doctor needs to name it because he has to see an absolute horrible sight of it coming out.
34076 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/31/13 , edited 3/31/13
I agree with the prevailing response -- what's the third choice?
115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / Penn
Offline
Posted 3/31/13 , edited 3/31/13
I think they should both agree on a name and not let a bunch of other people muddy up the works. My mom is still a little mad that my aunts ganged up on her in the delivery room to name my brother after our grandfather when she already had a name picked out.
40482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 3/31/13

PhyongHwa wrote:


HikariHaru wrote:


BearSol wrote:

Depends on your religion.

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1 Timothy 2:12

The Koran has a similar one, as you'd guess.

In short, if you're Muslim or Christian, the man names the child.
If you're, basically, anything else, you discuss it civilized-like.


Not necessarily...my friend is Muslim and her mom named her.. that might apply to a christian but not for sure to a muslim.


No, not true for Christians either, at least for the most part. There are so many different forms of Christianity, just like there are different types of Muslims/Islamic religions.


And there is a book for each branch. If you want to make up your own rules, then it's not Christianity, it's your own religion.

Saying you can be Christian and not follow your branches respective book, is like saying you're a physicist but you don't believe in most of what is taught to be true. You're not a physicist anymore, you're something else.
40482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 3/31/13

carsarelittle wrote:


BearSol wrote:

Depends on your religion.

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1 Timothy 2:12


Hahaha. You could tell that that's an apostle Paul argument because it's inane, arrogant, and idiotic.

Also it contradicts King Solomon where he holds a woman in high regard for good teaching.


She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.


The apostle Paul contradicting Solomon-like wisdom is just a thing that happens like literally every time he opened his mouth.


Yeah, organized religion is funny.
40482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 3/31/13

seekerperson7 wrote:



Put my response in the spoiler.



So, you're saying I was right about Christianity teaching that the women should be subservient to her husband? If so, what's the problem? My point stands.
65595 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 3/31/13
they should come to the decision together as a couple.
9492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Huntington Beach, CA
Online
Posted 3/31/13

BearSol wrote:

Put my response in the spoiler.



So, you're saying I was right about Christianity teaching that the women should be subservient to her husband? If so, what's the problem? My point stands.


My second response.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.