Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply why do only males commit mass shootings?
34602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 3/29/13
Since 1982 there have been 62 mass shootings and a woman committed only one of them. Why is that? Is it privilege that makes some males feel that they are entitled to something, and when they don't receive it then they will share their pain with many others and get theirs in terms of infamy? This is a generalization, but something is going on inside there and it isn’t affecting women in the same way. All the blame cannot be placed on access to guns, since women have the same access.
Gyava 
11770 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / West Point (USMA)
Offline
Posted 3/29/13
Don't give the females more ideas.. We have enough of those males doing heinous crimes.

Honestly, I can't really input that great of an idea, but after a few bits of research, people tend to think that it's the illusion of masculinity that drives men to doing such things.

However, I wouldn't classify the Colorado and Connecticut shootings with anything towards gender stereotype. Those two were just sociopaths/psychopaths who have absurd reasoning behind their actions. However, I don't really know much about the other 60 shootings that well.

Also, women don't really have an interest in going out, buying AK's from craigslist..

I find your point about the blaming-guns-and-not-men-too interesting because I've never thought of that before. Thanks for the post! I'll follow this because it's a cool topic (in terms of extended discussion, not shooting).
43304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Neverwhere
Offline
Posted 3/29/13 , edited 3/29/13
People who commit mass shootings do it because they are trying to make a statement. It has nothing to do with emotion or whatever masculine pride they may have. They don't think they're privileged or whatever. They do it because they know they can and they want the world to see them do it. Though they may crash and burn after, they accomplish one specific thing: they get their point across loud and clear. Their story, whatever the hell it may be, is revealed. It's nothing more than a cry for attention.

Now the reason why women don't do that is because when women commit crimes, they're usually more thought-out and directed at the specific source of their anger. When women commit crimes, they're usually a lot more heinous than a guy just shooting someone. When women commit crimes, they like to think they'll get away with it. Because believe it or not, a lot of them DO get away with it, whereas any idiot who just starts opening fire at any innocent bystander he can find will probably be locked up or shot within the next 48 hours.

I don't necessarily think women are any better than men just because they don't go out and shoot innocent children. Just because they kill less people in less flashy ways doesn't mean they are any better. Murder is still murder. In any case, I think women should be feared more because of that. Can you imagine how many unknown female murderers are walking freely because they were smart enough to not be too flashy about it?
Gyava 
11770 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / West Point (USMA)
Offline
Posted 3/29/13

SweetZ913 wrote:

because women belong and stay in the kitchen. those men who shot up the place didn't have dinner ready that night. It's women's fault there were so many tragedies /sarcasm


Oh yeah.. Forgot about the kitchen.
16664 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/29/13
Because of women usually. Their wife leaves them, girlfriend dumps them.
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/29/13
Women are more empathetic, which makes them the far superior gender and less likely to commit horrific crimes.
4580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / ireland
Offline
Posted 3/29/13
Funny, men get angry and go out on a killing spree and yet it's women who are regarded as the overly emotional gender.

I remember reading something about a gun company talking about 'MAN CARDS' as part as an advertising campaign around the time of the Newtown killings. Maybe it's the whole 'macho' thing surrounding gun culture (but I've seen 'girly guns too). Who knows really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezlFNTGWv4

This video is about a psychologist talking about such incidents and it seems a few of these cunts enjoy the idea of being regarded as 'monsters' and want the media circus that follows so they'll be remembered. For some reason that seems to appeal to men more.





43304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Neverwhere
Offline
Posted 3/29/13

lordseth23 wrote:

Women are more empathetic, which makes them the far superior gender and less likely to commit horrific crimes.


You obviously haven't seen Deadly Women or Snapped or even read anything about female serial killers.. Lol
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 3/30/13

miserykitsune wrote:

Funny, men get angry and go out on a killing spree and yet it's women who are regarded as the overly emotional gender.



I was just saying that same thing to my girlfriend last night. Lol
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/30/13

demongurrl13 wrote:

You obviously haven't seen Deadly Women or Snapped or even read anything about female serial killers.. Lol


I just stated a generalization that would provide an answer to the question, and never meant to imply that all women are empathetic.
23015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Offline
Posted 3/30/13
In my opinion, men are generally dispassionate, hence shooting people. Women are more passionate, knifing, cutting that sort of thing. They are more in your face with their rage, cutting off some guys willy, ya know?

Mass shootings are often the result of some form of mind control and frequently the perpetrator was on an anti depressant, which I might say does not help 90% of the people that are actually on them. The past two shootings in the USA have been very shady occurrences involving other people and a doped up shooter that probably couldn't even pull a trigger in his current state. But, the media does not ask questions and when people see the false truths which it does propagates they don't ask questions either. The media will tell you that guns are bad and people shouldn't have them and that line comes from the US President, who invades other countries, sells guns to other countries.

People shouldn't be sheep and they shouldn't believe everything they see on TV, especially when it is on the daily news.
43304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Neverwhere
Offline
Posted 3/30/13

lordseth23 wrote:

I just stated a generalization that would provide an answer to the question, and never meant to imply that all women are empathetic.


Well that's what your generalization implied. You even went so far as to say that women are a superior gender. I should probably be happy that you seem to think so highly of our kind, but I don't think one gender is superior to the other. We all have our shortcomings. Both sides commit murder... It's just that men love their guns and women love their arsenic. And food poisoning is not really interesting enough or shocking enough to catch the media's attention.
8114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 3/30/13
For men its a status thing. Its usually sparked because of a hit to their manhood. Maybe they lost their job or wife or some other thing they hold important to their status as males. This is also why they almost always grab large weapons and military gear when they do it. Its the hunter reclaiming what was taken away. Their targets are usually a symbol to them.

For women its not a random group of people. For women its usually a very direct in the face attack on what has upset them. Which is why most infanticide is done by women.
18 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Oh, here and there.
Offline
Posted 3/31/13
Demongurrl is right. Mass Shootings are about statements. Talking in complete generalized terms women have a tendency to kill in response and through methods like poison. Men have a tendency to kill through violence. Mass shootings aren't about killing people but what comes from it like being known or sending a message. Why men usually do this? Good question. It might just be because men like to be flamboyant about themselves. Perhaps an ego thing? As far as mass shootings in response to bullying or the like it would be more based on revenge while a woman might just commit suicide.
468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101
Offline
Posted 3/31/13
Males tend to be more violent, and also have a higher tendency to not receive help for mental illness.

It is mainly a problem of how we view those with mental illness. If we stop treating everyone with an illness as either weak or crazy, then more people would be more willing to receive help.

It is the same reason male suicide rates are higher. They receive less help.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.