First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply why do only males commit mass shootings?
9826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 5/25/13
I know this is going to sound crazy and it should.... because women can go out and just release all that tension by having sex... and some guy tell her she's beautiful and build her back up to reconnecting with the world....

Some men have only had the services of their hand for quite some time and they are completely disconnected from the world and feel as if they are looked down upon... without very many options to reconnect
4582 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / ireland
Offline
Posted 5/25/13

Hollywood_Da_Hammer wrote:

I know this is going to sound crazy and it should.... because women can go out and just release all that tension by having sex... and some guy tell her she's beautiful and build her back up to reconnecting with the world....

Some men have only had the services of their hand for quite some time and they are completely disconnected from the world and feel as if they are looked down upon... without very many options to reconnect


They can always just kill themselves (as these bellends often do anyway) and leave other people alone if that's the problem. Not getting any is absolutely no excuse for killing innocent people.

That should sound crazy because it's not a good reflection on the male gender as a whole if sex is the only thing holding a number of them back from slaughtering others..
9826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 5/25/13

miserykitsune wrote:


Hollywood_Da_Hammer wrote:

I know this is going to sound crazy and it should.... because women can go out and just release all that tension by having sex... and some guy tell her she's beautiful and build her back up to reconnecting with the world....

Some men have only had the services of their hand for quite some time and they are completely disconnected from the world and feel as if they are looked down upon... without very many options to reconnect


They can always just kill themselves (as these bellends often do anyway) and leave other people alone if that's the problem. Not getting any is absolutely no excuse for killing innocent people.

That should sound crazy because it's not a good reflection on the male gender as a whole if sex is the only thing holding a number of them back from slaughtering others..


It's less about the sex and more about the ability to have opportunities to release and to connect with the world in different ways. I would naturally assume alot of these guys are loners, who have cut themselves off from the world, and have not developed the skill set to be able to have successful social interactions therefor they look at mass killings as a way of them taking control over a world that does not appreciate or value them in any type of worthwhile capacity.
7048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Texas
Online
Posted 5/25/13 , edited 5/25/13
Well the stereotypes of women being overly emotional, and men being silent stoics are not entirely wrong. And part of it is societal.
It's acceptable for women to be externally emotional in our society, but men are often told to "man up" and suck it up. I think it's fair to say that both men and women are, on average, equally emotional. Women tend to show it and Men... well... tend to bury it inside of them. This burying of emotions doesn't do anything to get rid of them and just makes them stronger and more concentrated. That may be why it is men who go on shooting sprees and women do not.

*flag* These are just my thoughts and are not backed up by any sort of reaserch. I'm sorry if this is too wrong.
23277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 5/26/13
Look at your governments suicide chart. It lists M/F and how they offed themselves. Males are more decisive(Settling an issue; producing a definite result) about their actions. Females tend to get scared and back out before anything serious happens by taking more reversible approaches.



People who are serious about suicide will often not leave a note or any indication. I mean, if you were going to kill yourself and someone gives you a hard time the day before you die, you're already rock bottom. You have no consequences to your actions, no barriers stopping you. You would probably laugh like a madman and add a few extra assholes to his/her face and anybody watching.
5145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / Covina, California
Offline
Posted 5/27/13

hopfly wrote:

Since 1982 there have been 62 mass shootings and a woman committed only one of them. Why is that? Is it privilege that makes some males feel that they are entitled to something, and when they don't receive it then they will share their pain with many others and get theirs in terms of infamy? This is a generalization, but something is going on inside there and it isn’t affecting women in the same way. All the blame cannot be placed on access to guns, since women have the same access.


Maybe your research is sketchy and you haven't dug far enough to accurately, have these shootings been world wide or just nationwide?

Or it could be just as the Bible states in Ecclesiastes. 8:9: " All this I have seen, and there was an applying* of my heart to every work that has been done under the sun, [during] the time that man has dominated man to his injury."
Aryth 
39211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Nashville
Offline
Posted 5/27/13 , edited 5/27/13

Hollywood_Da_Hammer wrote:


miserykitsune wrote:


Hollywood_Da_Hammer wrote:

I know this is going to sound crazy and it should.... because women can go out and just release all that tension by having sex... and some guy tell her she's beautiful and build her back up to reconnecting with the world....

Some men have only had the services of their hand for quite some time and they are completely disconnected from the world and feel as if they are looked down upon... without very many options to reconnect


They can always just kill themselves (as these bellends often do anyway) and leave other people alone if that's the problem. Not getting any is absolutely no excuse for killing innocent people.

That should sound crazy because it's not a good reflection on the male gender as a whole if sex is the only thing holding a number of them back from slaughtering others..


It's less about the sex and more about the ability to have opportunities to release and to connect with the world in different ways. I would naturally assume alot of these guys are loners, who have cut themselves off from the world, and have not developed the skill set to be able to have successful social interactions therefor they look at mass killings as a way of them taking control over a world that does not appreciate or value them in any type of worthwhile capacity.


You can't assume something about a group of people who are basically undifferentiable from any other male. Only after the killings do they get classified (there are flags, but no definitive measures). Loners or not, males are OFTEN (not always) conditioned to withhold emotional outbursts, making stress relief a major issue. In this view, for males in general, your theory centered around release makes sense, but it does not explain, necessarily, why some males (and not others) are driven to mass murder.

Your assertion that they are "getting back" at a world that does not value them is pure conjecture and likely wrong (as studies have shown a genetic link to serial and mass homicide).
2265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / only kami neko knows
Offline
Posted 5/27/13

ExplorerOak wrote:

Why Is it only women who kill their babys?
Why Is it only men who rape their babies
4582 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / ireland
Offline
Posted 5/29/13

Hollywood_Da_Hammer wrote:


miserykitsune wrote:


Hollywood_Da_Hammer wrote:

I know this is going to sound crazy and it should.... because women can go out and just release all that tension by having sex... and some guy tell her she's beautiful and build her back up to reconnecting with the world....

Some men have only had the services of their hand for quite some time and they are completely disconnected from the world and feel as if they are looked down upon... without very many options to reconnect


They can always just kill themselves (as these bellends often do anyway) and leave other people alone if that's the problem. Not getting any is absolutely no excuse for killing innocent people.

That should sound crazy because it's not a good reflection on the male gender as a whole if sex is the only thing holding a number of them back from slaughtering others..


It's less about the sex and more about the ability to have opportunities to release and to connect with the world in different ways. I would naturally assume alot of these guys are loners, who have cut themselves off from the world, and have not developed the skill set to be able to have successful social interactions therefor they look at mass killings as a way of them taking control over a world that does not appreciate or value them in any type of worthwhile capacity.


I've heard about this from men who label themselves 'Incels' (involuntary celibacy, usually due to terrible personalities and misogyny). They are the whiniest most entitled sacks of shit I've ever come across. I remember reading about one who thought that if he committed a shooting spree it would be ok because he had a reason.

He may have been a troll but I'm really starting to wonder. There are some pathetic people out there.

I still don't see how this make men more likely to shoot the place up though. There are plenty of crazy cat women out there who aren't getting any and they don't go on killing sprees as often.
19028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Mid-Atlantic
Offline
Posted 6/6/13

Gyava wrote:

Don't give the females more ideas.. We have enough of those males doing heinous crimes.

Honestly, I can't really input that great of an idea, but after a few bits of research, people tend to think that it's the illusion of masculinity that drives men to doing such things.

However, I wouldn't classify the Colorado and Connecticut shootings with anything towards gender stereotype. Those two were just sociopaths/psychopaths who have absurd reasoning behind their actions. However, I don't really know much about the other 60 shootings that well.

Also, women don't really have an interest in going out, buying AK's from craigslist..

I find your point about the blaming-guns-and-not-men-too interesting because I've never thought of that before. Thanks for the post! I'll follow this because it's a cool topic (in terms of extended discussion, not shooting).


I agree a very interesting topic. I'm not positive, but haven't many of these young men been raised by single/divorced mothers as well. Which only stands to reason, I believe. Young men (teenagers) without very involved fathers or strong male role models are at a loss for how they are suppose to vent stress in an appropriate manner, when you compile that with a lack of attention and/or interest in that young person their frustrations can then turn violent. Recently read about the Stroop Test which helps to identify personalities which have more difficulty in adapting with problems, especially when the person has an introverted personality. Interesting test, was devised sometime early within the 20th century but is receiving more positive feedback now due to its ability to help identify people who are at risk for depression, suicide, and mass attacks. Scroll down the page to the blue button that will allow you to take the test online. Make sure you have a good sleep before taking this test, being tired will create faulty results.
And no (to general public), I am not picking on single/divorced mothers, was one myself at one time or another raising 2 boys. Hind sight can be 20/20. More picking on the irresponsible fathers that aren't teaching their sons to become men.

Good one on the Craigslist call!
10577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / chicagoland
Offline
Posted 6/10/13
what about mansons women?
why did you stop counting at 1982? do you think thats when murder was invented or something?
12540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
[not] China
Offline
Posted 6/11/13

swirly_commode wrote:

what about mansons women?
why did you stop counting at 1982? do you think thats when murder was invented or something?
Counting, that's exactly what she was doing. article?
10577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / chicagoland
Offline
Posted 6/11/13
looks like standard feminist, anti male sexism to me

the jist of the article is "men are bad", "testosterone is bad"...
11007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/12/13
Women historically prefer poison as a method of murder than outright violence too
11235 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / South Florida
Offline
Posted 6/12/13
There are 2 main reasons that I can think of:

1. On a chemical level, men have more testosterone which leads them to be more aggressive in the way they handle their anger/pain/frustration(feelings). Women do not have as much testosterone which leads them to be more passive.

2. Psychologically, human-beings inherently internalize external expectations, or "social feedback". So if someone (especially in their formative years) observes that others have certain expectations of women (like expecting them to not express their emotions via aggressive actions); these expectations become part of that person's self-concept. So even if later on, that person experiences the same events that trigger a man to commit a mass shooting, there is a good chance that cognitive dissonance would dissuade them from thinking too much about committing a mass shooting, as that would be in direct conflict with their self-image.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.