Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Why are gifs grainy on CR?
Queen of Support
starry 
41569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/10/13

beardfist wrote:

Indeed, the conversion process that is used is a bit temperamental. I am not sure what it is about some gifs that it does not like, but in most cases, this tool can fix them for you. If you convert the gifs with that before you upload them, then they will usually come out fine.
For example:


Tool for MAC please!
Otter Modder
31495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 4/10/13
I don't have a mac to test on and I don't know exactly what changes fix the problem, you'll just have to get a real computer.

Queen of Support
starry 
41569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/10/13

beardfist wrote:

I don't have a mac to test on and I don't know exactly what changes fix the problem, you'll just have to get a real computer.



I have a PC as well, just asking on behalf of another user who needs help with it.

Also, MAC is super real.
Otter Modder
31495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 4/10/13
Let's try this whole replying thing again. I have yet to find a similar tool that would work on a MAC so I would have to suggest using a full featured image editor to do the resizing. If all else fails, they could try using an online converter/resizer but I have had pretty poor results with those. If I ever learn what the problem is, I may even dip into desktop apps and make it myself.

1311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / New Jersey, US
Offline
Posted 23 days ago

Hairbelly wrote:


heyitsthatguy wrote:

Why do the gifs in the forums look like deleted scenes from A-ha's Take On Me?

If this is supposed to be somewhere else please feel free to nuke it.


It seems that sometimes the .GIFs are too large for Crunchyroll's system. One way to get around this problem, is to upload the .GIFs to another image host such and Imgur [http://imgur.com/] or PhotoBucket or Minus.com, and then insert the image using the Image button (next to the Red color box). Like so:



That way the .GIF isn't being run through the CR internal image host.


Hey, I already uploaded a GIF to imgur.com
Where exactly is this image button? lol
18699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 23 days ago , edited 23 days ago

SilentEko wrote:

Hey, I already uploaded a GIF to imgur.com
Where exactly is this image button? lol




Right in the blue box (see pic). That will pop up a dialog box where you Paste the Imgur URL (the direct link to the image). When you click OK, it'll insert BB Code that will look like this:



Post it, and you're done.
1311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / New Jersey, US
Offline
Posted 23 days ago

Hairbelly wrote:


SilentEko wrote:

Hey, I already uploaded a GIF to imgur.com
Where exactly is this image button? lol




Right in the blue box (see pic). That will pop up a dialog box where you Paste the Imgur URL (the direct link to the image). When you click OK, it'll insert BB Code that will look like this:



Post it, and you're done.


Oh thanks :]
But I was actually wondering how to upload GIFs for my Profile Pic without it looking all staticy or cut off. Maybe I'm just on the wrong tread lol.
18699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 23 days ago , edited 23 days ago

SilentEko wrote:

Oh thanks :]
But I was actually wondering how to upload GIFs for my Profile Pic without it looking all staticy or cut off. Maybe I'm just on the wrong tread lol.

Ah...yeah, wrong thread, but same problem. You'll have to edit & re-size the image I believe. There are multiple threads dealing with the Profile Pic problem. There might be a solution in one of those.

Here are a few threads that might help:

- http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-808227/gifs-as-avatars
- http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-810505/help-with-gif-avatar
1311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / New Jersey, US
Offline
Posted 23 days ago

Hairbelly wrote:


SilentEko wrote:

Oh thanks :]
But I was actually wondering how to upload GIFs for my Profile Pic without it looking all staticy or cut off. Maybe I'm just on the wrong tread lol.

Ah...yeah, wrong thread, but same problem. You'll have to edit & re-size the image I believe. There are multiple threads dealing with the Profile Pic problem. There might be a solution in one of those.

Here are a few threads that might help:

- http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-808227/gifs-as-avatars
- http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-810505/help-with-gif-avatar


Thanks for the links. Actually did help :]
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.