First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Why SO Much HATE FOR SAO. Discuss.
2673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Sexual Chocolate
Offline
Posted 3/31/13
I haven't noticed a large hatedom compared to some other series. Most of the hate i've seen comes from the fact that it has a larger and more abrasive than normal fandom that interprets the slightest criticism of the series as being blind hate. While its fans aren't as obnoxious as the fans of some series they're among the most overly sensitive i've seen on the internet.

On a kind of related note "haters gonna hate" is the one of the most overused and misused lines on the internet. Most of the time when someone uses it they do so as a means to shoot down relevant criticism without even attempting to address any points the person in question may have. It's such a typical bratty fanboy/girl response to and it's more or less the equivalent of shouting at someone to "stop disliking the things that I like!"
22905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Virginia
Offline
Posted 3/31/13

Stylzeee wrote:


irtiza9169 wrote:


Stylzeee wrote:


irtiza9169 wrote:

There's so much hate for it because ppl are idiots and like to against the grain.


Hmmm, so you're saying the only reason to dislike SAO is because it's mainstream?


Hmmm, I would say its the reason for why most ppl don't like SAO but not all. It tends to happen a lot these days ^_^


Well, i'm not sure if it's the reason why most people dislike it, some yes, but reading the comments here it's clear that the majority of people dislike it because it wasn't developed enough, the characters and plot didn't seem to have the impact they could have had. They squeezed 4 light novels in to the span of 24 episodes. It really could have been better if they stayed on the SAO arc for 24 episodes instead of 14, and the ALO arc could have had its own season instead of becoming a 10 episode train-wreck. Perhaps train-wreck isn't the right word, but you can't deny that the majority of people had said it lacked in comparison to the SAO arc.


This forum does not reflect the thoughts of the majority of ppl who disliked the anime,it would be laughable to even think so. The people you're talking about on this forum are most likely a part of the small minority of ppl who disliked the anime for plausible reasons. Which puts me back to what I said earlier "There's so much hate for it because ppl are idiots and like to against the grain." "I would say its the reason for why most ppl don't like SAO but not all. It tends to happen a lot these days."
25 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 3/31/13

irtiza9169 wrote:


Stylzeee wrote:


irtiza9169 wrote:


Stylzeee wrote:


irtiza9169 wrote:

There's so much hate for it because ppl are idiots and like to against the grain.


Hmmm, so you're saying the only reason to dislike SAO is because it's mainstream?


Hmmm, I would say its the reason for why most ppl don't like SAO but not all. It tends to happen a lot these days ^_^


Well, i'm not sure if it's the reason why most people dislike it, some yes, but reading the comments here it's clear that the majority of people dislike it because it wasn't developed enough, the characters and plot didn't seem to have the impact they could have had. They squeezed 4 light novels in to the span of 24 episodes. It really could have been better if they stayed on the SAO arc for 24 episodes instead of 14, and the ALO arc could have had its own season instead of becoming a 10 episode train-wreck. Perhaps train-wreck isn't the right word, but you can't deny that the majority of people had said it lacked in comparison to the SAO arc.


This forum does not reflect the thoughts of the majority of ppl who disliked the anime,it would be laughable to even think so. The people you're talking about on this forum are most likely a part of the small minority of ppl who disliked the anime for plausible reasons. Which puts me back to what I said earlier "There's so much hate for it because ppl are idiots and like to against the grain." "I would say its the reason for why most ppl don't like SAO but not all. It tends to happen a lot these days."


This also brings me back to my first point, while disliking the mainstream anime may apply for other anime, SAO can't be treated as such, compared to other popular anime this has way to many flaws. The end anime it produced was good but not great, it had a lot of wasted potential. While I admit that a majority of people will hate it for reasons of it being popular, I don't think the people who dislike it for legitimate reasons are as small as you think..
Sure I might be wrong about this, but this anime definitely isn't good enough for there to be people saying it's ridiculous to dislike it seeing as such flaws exist.
22905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Virginia
Offline
Posted 3/31/13

Stylzeee wrote:


irtiza9169 wrote:


Stylzeee wrote:


irtiza9169 wrote:


Stylzeee wrote:


irtiza9169 wrote:

There's so much hate for it because ppl are idiots and like to against the grain.


Hmmm, so you're saying the only reason to dislike SAO is because it's mainstream?


Hmmm, I would say its the reason for why most ppl don't like SAO but not all. It tends to happen a lot these days ^_^


Well, i'm not sure if it's the reason why most people dislike it, some yes, but reading the comments here it's clear that the majority of people dislike it because it wasn't developed enough, the characters and plot didn't seem to have the impact they could have had. They squeezed 4 light novels in to the span of 24 episodes. It really could have been better if they stayed on the SAO arc for 24 episodes instead of 14, and the ALO arc could have had its own season instead of becoming a 10 episode train-wreck. Perhaps train-wreck isn't the right word, but you can't deny that the majority of people had said it lacked in comparison to the SAO arc.


This forum does not reflect the thoughts of the majority of ppl who disliked the anime,it would be laughable to even think so. The people you're talking about on this forum are most likely a part of the small minority of ppl who disliked the anime for plausible reasons. Which puts me back to what I said earlier "There's so much hate for it because ppl are idiots and like to against the grain." "I would say its the reason for why most ppl don't like SAO but not all. It tends to happen a lot these days."


This also brings me back to my first point, while disliking the mainstream anime may apply for other anime, SAO can't be treated as such, compared to other popular anime this has way to many flaws. The end anime it produced was good but not great, it had a lot of wasted potential. While I admit that a majority of people will hate it for reasons of it being popular, I don't think the people who dislike it for legitimate reasons are as small as you think..
Sure I might be wrong about this, but this anime definitely isn't good enough for there to be people saying it's ridiculous to dislike it seeing as such flaws exist.


No point in arguing anymore. You and I can go back and forth all day and we still wouldn't agree with each other and to be honest I don't have the time or patience for this anymore. Goodbye.
Posted 3/31/13
The reason why a "big group of haters" of SAO exists is because it generated heavy discussion. Aside from those who shared positive comments there were also those who shared more negative remarks. When a show has a popularity like that of SAO, it's expected that there will be much talk of it. SAO has a vocal group of speakers for both sides; it only appears to have many "haters" because they're more vocal about their opinions due to how many people are praising it (be it empty praise or constructive praise).
320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 3/31/13
Asura pretty much nailed it. It had good parts. It had bad parts. The reason there is haters is because there are fans, and they balance each others out. Don't let other people bag on you about it. =)
22182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Under your bed
Offline
Posted 3/31/13
rather than hating the anime its more like hating the fanboys and girls. i only read the novels and i thought the first novel was good but the rest was shit and its a fact. so i assume the first half of the the anime is good. but then came the fanboys and girls who hasn't seen too many anime and acts like SAO is the most original and the best anime you could ever find. that's what happened basically.
15448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 3/31/13
I don't hate it, i simply hate how people try and pass it off as an epic fantasy or a romance when in reality it is neither. The entire show is, in reality, a big ball of fanservice for gamers, similar to how The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is a big ball of fanservice for otaku. It gives you the idea of going from being an introverted gamer with no life to all of a sudden living in a video game where you can not only succeed, but basically be freaking perfect while attracting girls for no apparent reason. It is simply wish fulfillment, but it succeeds in what it's attempting to do, which is to a huge market of gamers into fanboying over it, so i can't really call it bad, at least not from a business standpoint.
21457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Delaware
Offline
Posted 3/31/13

AsuraCryin wrote:

The reason why a "big group of haters" of SAO exists is because it generated heavy discussion. Aside from those who shared positive comments there were also those who shared more negative remarks. When a show has a popularity like that of SAO, it's expected that there will be much talk of it. SAO has a vocal group of speakers for both sides; it only appears to have many "haters" because they're more vocal about their opinions due to how many people are praising it (be it empty praise or constructive praise).


SAO is worse than shit... even if it were compared to more shit. The first episode started out comparatively well, it didn't necessarily hook me, but caught my attention nonetheless. Great artwork, nice music. And... that's where my 'praise' ends. You get not only one Mary Sue main character, but two, in the forms of Kirito, the Deus ex Machina incarnate, and Asuna, the strong tsundere female lead, who conveniently and awkwardly becomes the useless, moe love interest. If that's not bad enough, we are introduced to superfluous female #1, #2, #3,... you get the picture, and whose only purpose is to set up how Kirito is just a walking, talking Deus ex Machina solving everyone's problems... and of course, they fall in love with him. Pretty much, any female who is given a name falls in love with Kirito. As for the antagonist... I remember having this conversation before,
Me: "So why did Kawahara trap all those people in the game again?"
SAOFan-A: "...uhhh, what?"
Moving on. Now, the plot... actually, I'd rather not go there.

You see how you are wrong? This is the only anime I have ever readily and openly criticized. And it is only because it is a very terrible anime. You seem to think people are jumping bandwagons on either side of the spectrum, either you're a fangirl or you're a hater. No, I had high hopes for this anime, just to watch it squander all it's potential away in order to pander to every otaku's fetish... I mean, tentacle molestation, seriously?
17806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 3/31/13
so what i gathered no one likes

1 kirito overpowered
2 asuna after 12 episodes becomes useless
3 asuna is a superfemale?
4 no one knows why kawahara trapped the people in the game

good reasons guys. good reasons
11467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Currently at CHIM...
Online
Posted 3/31/13
Look people oughta like what they oughta like. My 2 cents.
22182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Under your bed
Offline
Posted 3/31/13

maffayoo wrote:

so what i gathered no one likes

1 kirito overpowered
2 asuna after 12 episodes becomes useless
3 asuna is a superfemale?
4 no one knows why kawahara trapped the people in the game

good reasons guys. good reasons


maybe you should learn to read first
21457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Delaware
Offline
Posted 3/31/13

maffayoo wrote:

so what i gathered no one likes

1 kirito overpowered
2 asuna after 12 episodes becomes useless
3 asuna is a superfemale?
4 no one knows why kawahara trapped the people in the game

good reasons guys. good reasons


Don't posit my reasons when you clearly can't understand what I wrote. Superfemale, really? It means unnecessary, especially when they waste potential episodes that could have gone to further explain and develop the flimsy plot. Kirito overpowered? No, that's an understatement. Kirito is God! He is above the laws of the [gaming] universe, he is practically a Deus ex Machina walking around, solving everyone's problem, including his own by inexplicable means, and we do not know why or how Kirito is so damn strong and Godly. But whatever. Oh, and I'm sorrrrrry if I think it's stupid why they wouldn't explain why Kawahara trapped 10,000 people in a game of death. You know, like every other anime, that actually has character development. And, these were but a few things that made this anime horrible, I haven't even started on the plot.
Posted 3/31/13

tehstud wrote:

You see how you are wrong? This is the only anime I have ever readily and openly criticized. And it is only because it is a very terrible anime. You seem to think people are jumping bandwagons on either side of the spectrum, either you're a fangirl or you're a hater. No, I had high hopes for this anime, just to watch it squander all it's potential away in order to pander to every otaku's fetish... I mean, tentacle molestation, seriously?


I don't see how I'm wrong when my comment said that people are more vocal about their opinions. My point is that people have a tendency to speak their opinions if there's a lot of talk about a particular thing. I reiterate, SAO appears to have a lot of "haters" because they're more vocal; other shows lacking the controversy SAO had will appear to have less "haters" because they're less vocal or likely to share their thoughts. I'm not saying that people will love or hate something for no reason but that they will speak up and share their opinion fro controversial issues.
21457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Delaware
Offline
Posted 3/31/13

AsuraCryin wrote:


tehstud wrote:

You see how you are wrong? This is the only anime I have ever readily and openly criticized. And it is only because it is a very terrible anime. You seem to think people are jumping bandwagons on either side of the spectrum, either you're a fangirl or you're a hater. No, I had high hopes for this anime, just to watch it squander all it's potential away in order to pander to every otaku's fetish... I mean, tentacle molestation, seriously?


I don't see how I'm wrong when my comment said that people are more vocal about their opinions. My point is that people have a tendency to speak their opinions if there's a lot of talk about a particular thing. I reiterate, SAO appears to have a lot of "haters" because they're more vocal; other shows lacking the controversy SAO had will appear to have less "haters" because they're less vocal or likely to share their thoughts. I'm not saying that people will love or hate something for no reason but that they will speak up and share their opinion fro controversial issues.


It's controversial because it's terrible man. It's just a bad anime and the fanboys are trying to place this anime upon a pedestal, disregarding it's flagrant flaws. I'm not hating on it because I want to go against the grain or something stupid like that, I just thought it was complete garbage. More so than that, I was utterly disappointed. I don't start watching an anime to go faultfinding. It's just that, in SAO, the flaws were apparent and they served as detractors. It is because of my love of anime that I openly criticize this anime. Why would I want more SAO filth streaming on CR, or to be animated for that matter?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.