First  Prev  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  Next  Last
Post Reply Summer 2013 Anime
33376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/4/13
New ANN spotlight: Watamote

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anime-spotlight/2013/summer/watamote

Be sure to watch the trailer all the way to the end as the final narration is awesome.
62579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 7/4/13
While it has admittedly taken a while for them to get it accomplished (although IT system designs can take a good while anyway) I'm pretty confident about the new Funimation Web site. At least from what was discussed in the ANNCast last month concerning it, how the new site is modular, uses HTML5, uses CSS3, and has a totally new player (especially glad they aren't using Drupal as the CMS.) I'll admit that I'm a bit less confident about the implementation timeframe (just due to the previous delays in their rollouts such as with the Roku app) but for now I'll remain optimistic.
70368 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/4/13

batou01 wrote:

While it has admittedly taken a while for them to get it accomplished (although IT system designs can take a good while anyway) I'm pretty confident about the new Funimation Web site. At least from what was discussed in the ANNCast last month concerning it, how the new site is modular, uses HTML5, uses CSS3, and has a totally new player (especially glad they aren't using Drupal as the CMS.) I'll admit that I'm a bit less confident about the implementation timeframe (just due to the previous delays in their rollouts such as with the Roku app) but for now I'll remain optimistic.

A new site is a good start, but they really need to stop ruining their colors by using computer RGB (after almost 2 years I finally found the name for their color distortion that makes both dark scenes look way darker than they should and light scenes lighter than they should). Colors are a real pet peeve of mine so even the slightest color distortion makes their stream unwatchable for me.

I find myself complaining about Funi/Tan way too much in these threads so people probably think that I'm very fussy, but in the end the only thing I really complain about are colors (and delaycasts).
47445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/4/13
Crunchyroll adds Kinmoza:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/07/04-1/crunchyroll-adds-kinmoza-to-summer-anime-lineup

The latest addition to Crunchyroll's streaming summer anime lineup is KINMOZA!, which kicks off for premium members on Saturday, July 6 at 8:00am Pacific Time.

The show page will go live soon at www.crunchyroll.com/kinmoza. KINMOZA!—based on Yui Hara's Kiniro Mosaic manga, animated by Studio Gokumi, and directed by TENSHO—will be available to audiences in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Netherlands, Scandinavia, and Turkey.
70368 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/4/13 , edited 7/4/13
It's right after the AT-X broadcast too, nice.
The Wise Wizard
73088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 7/4/13

It is curious they called it Kinmoza when Kiniro Mosaic isn't much longer. It was likely at the insistence of the publisher, but this isn't something like Oreimo or Watamote where the full title is quite long.

40600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Northampton, Mass...
Offline
Posted 7/4/13
For anyone who's interested, here is a link to live transcripts of Anime Expo Panels: http://bayoab.info/live/live2.php

Funimation has a bunch of panels, but their industry panel, which is where acquisition announcements tend to go, is on Sunday. Crunchyroll's panel isn't until Saturday.
24952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Watching CR
Online
Posted 7/4/13 , edited 7/4/13

hpulley wrote:


lolitsronald wrote:

I can't wait for Funimation to reveal their new site design. I hope they change their player for the best! I think they are announcing/revealing/showcasing their new site design today or so because of the expo going on! If it's still crappy.... I'd loose all faith in Funimation...

Well, the current re-work is 'done'. Seems most of what they did was to remove the forums... The 'next redesign' is supposedly coming at the end of summer but we've heard that for years...

FUNimation.com Site Update
Tuesday July 2, 2013 at 07:31 pm by Rojas

As you may have noticed, there have been some ongoing site changes. We've had so many awesome fans joining our site daily, that we can barely keep up with how fast our memberships are growing. It's growing so fast, in fact, that we've decided to create a completely NEW site that will be launching at the end of summer. In the meantime, we'll be tweaking the current site in an effort to improve the video watching experience for our users. This includes taking the forums offline to lighten the site load a bit. Don't worry, all the data will remain intact, and you'll keep your forum post count. We'll have more information regarding how to retrieve your old posts soon.


I think today in AnimeExpo, they are showcasing the new site to people in their online panel. I hope someone takes a picture of it, if they actually shown a preview of it...

http://www.funimation.com/lee/blog/anime-expo-this-weekend/7749925
The Wise Wizard
73088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 7/4/13

FLjerry2011 wrote:
BTW on the sub site the songs are subbed too which is way cool.

Funimation typically subtitles the OP and ED on their series. I've seen the theory put forth that this is why it typically takes them longer to get simulcasts up and running (additional rights to obtain).

An example from the recent episode of Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S:



They normally alternate between English on one episode and Japanese on next, which is a nice touch.

34515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 7/4/13

hpulley wrote:




So far as you say I am not at all impressed with their catalog titles. I mean, Monogatari SS is coming on THIS SATURDAY so why not put up all of Bake and Nise so people can marathon them before the weekend? And add Neko Kuro? It is just asinine to expect people will want to watch 5 episodes of Bake now, 5 episodes of Nise and then start simulcasting SS which starts with Neko Shiro when they haven't seen the Tsubasa Cat or Tsubasa Family arcs of Bake and Neko Kuro yet. It boggles the mind, the people who are doing this DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE MONOGATARI SERIES AT ALL is what this shows me. They simply see a set of series and episodes with no connection. They do not understand them AT ALL!


To be fair to Daisuki(who are still inferior to CR), Nekomonogatari Black premieres the same day as Monogatari SS so Daisuki viewers could watch Neko before diving into Monogatari SS.

http://www.aniplexusa.com/nekomonogatariblack/

But yes, their practice of very slowly adding episodes and other garbage like their dynamic streaming is very annoying.
47445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/4/13

pistolsaf wrote:


hpulley wrote:
So far as you say I am not at all impressed with their catalog titles. I mean, Monogatari SS is coming on THIS SATURDAY so why not put up all of Bake and Nise so people can marathon them before the weekend? And add Neko Kuro? It is just asinine to expect people will want to watch 5 episodes of Bake now, 5 episodes of Nise and then start simulcasting SS which starts with Neko Shiro when they haven't seen the Tsubasa Cat or Tsubasa Family arcs of Bake and Neko Kuro yet. It boggles the mind, the people who are doing this DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE MONOGATARI SERIES AT ALL is what this shows me. They simply see a set of series and episodes with no connection. They do not understand them AT ALL!


To be fair to Daisuki(who are still inferior to CR), Nekomonogatari Black premieres the same day as Monogatari SS so Daisuki viewers could watch Neko before diving into Monogatari SS.

http://www.aniplexusa.com/nekomonogatariblack/

But yes, their practice of very slowly adding episodes and other garbage like their dynamic streaming is very annoying.

Good news then! They never answered my tweet asking about it. Hopefully since it is only 4 episodes long they will put up all four on Saturday at least 2 hours before the premiere of Second Season so people who didn't resort to fansubs already can get a chance to see them, or watch them again! I have already watched it several times since getting the discs, wonderful stuff if you are a Hanekawa fan as I am.
24135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 7/4/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


FLjerry2011 wrote:
BTW on the sub site the songs are subbed too which is way cool.

Funimation typically subtitles the OP and ED on their series. I've seen the theory put forth that this is why it typically takes them longer to get simulcasts up and running (additional rights to obtain).

An example from the recent episode of Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S:



They normally alternate between English on one episode and Japanese on next, which is a nice touch.



Even though I gripe about FUNI you are correct I have their releases which do that.I should stand corrected the Simulcasts.. Im pushing for songs to be subbed too!! HINT HINT!!CR too!
34515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 7/4/13 , edited 7/4/13
YESSSSSSSS!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/07/04/crunchyroll-to-stream-fatekaleid-liner-prisma-illya-anime

EDIT: *fist bump*


Summer anime announcements continue to pour out of Crunchyroll today, and the next title to be revealed is Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA. This alternate universe take on the famed Fate/stay night series begins streaming on July 12th, at 11:00 am Pacific Time for its premium members. Free members are able to view one week after initial broadcast on Crunchyroll.



Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA will be available to Crunchyroll’s audience in the following territories: North America, South Africa, UK, Ireland, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Netherlands, and South America.


Odd that South America got included but not Central America.

Note to Blood Lad fans; CR's chances of getting that just went up since Kadokawa likes to bundle things together and Fate/kaleid liner is Kadokawa(as is Blood Lad).
133400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 7/4/13

pistolsaf wrote:

YESSSSSSSS!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/07/04/crunchyroll-to-stream-fatekaleid-liner-prisma-illya-anime

Note to Blood Lad fans; CR's chances of getting that just went up since Kadokawa likes to bundle things together and Fate/kaleid liner is Kadokawa(as is Blood Lad).


Excellent!

9038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M / England
Offline
Posted 7/4/13
I'm just really hoping Crunchyroll gets the third season of The World God Only Knows for the UK audience! so hyped for that one!!
First  Prev  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.