First  Prev  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  Next  Last
Summer 2013 Anime
od1968 
17236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Bay Area, CA
Offline
Posted 7/4/13
If CR gets Monogatari, Genshiken, and Watamote ill be happy.
The Wise Wizard
79371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 7/4/13

od1968 wrote:

If CR gets Monogatari, Genshiken, and Watamote ill be happy.

CR has the second Bakemonogatari series, but it is going to be on a month delay from when Daisuki simulcasts it.

od1968 
17236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Bay Area, CA
Offline
Posted 7/4/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


od1968 wrote:

If CR gets Monogatari, Genshiken, and Watamote ill be happy.

CR has the second Bakemonogatari series, but it is going to be on a month delay from when Daisuki simulcasts it.



A month!?
The Wise Wizard
79371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 7/4/13 , edited 7/4/13

od1968 wrote:
A month!?

Yes:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-810521/new-summer-titles-monogatari-il-sole-penetra-le-illusioni-day-break-illusion-and-town-doctor-jumbo

Monogatari will be available for both free and premium users simultaneously starting on Tuesday August 6 at 10 am Pacific Time for audiences in the following territories: US, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.


Meanwhile, over at Daisuki:
https://www.daisuki.net/topics/view/10037

DAISUKI.NET, the Japanese Animation official distribution site announced today, in partnership with Aniplex of America, that it will stream its first simulcast anime title this summer, MONOGATARI SERIES SECOND SEASON. The series will premiere on July 6th and Daisuki.net will exclusively stream the MONOGATARI simulcast only a few hours following the broadcast in Japan. Like all other video content on DAISUKI.NET, the simulcast will be streamed for free and in HD quality.





llamaben wrote:
For Milky Holmes, I don't think that Funi would be very interested in it but they could still make a (low) offer. If Funi actually passed on Kingdom of their own accord then they would likely pass on Milky Holmes too but without knowing what happened there (and with Utapri) it's hard to make a call. It could end up anywhere or nowhere.

Over in the Site News section, DezoPenguin pointed out something that could also put Symphogear G in doubt for Funimation: They never licensed it for home video.

The issue is that while I could find no simulcast that they didn't license for home video that they simulcast a sequel to, I also couldn't find any where they didn't. This means whether they do or don't simulcast either Symphogear G or the third Milky Holmes series (which also had no home video license), they will apparently be establishing a precedent.

At least with Symphogear G we could expect CR to snap it up if Funimation did pass on it. If I'm not mistaken, it is handled by Kadokawa.



74429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 7/4/13 , edited 7/4/13

TheAncientOne wrote:

Over in the Site News section, DezoPenguin pointed out something that could also put Symphogear G in doubt for Funimation: They never licensed it for home video.

The issue is that while I could find no simulcast that they didn't license for home video that they simulcast a sequel to, I also couldn't find any where they didn't. This means whether they do or don't simulcast either Symphogear G or the third Milky Holmes series (which also had no home video license), they will apparently be establishing a precedent.

At least with Symphogear G we could expect CR to snap it up if Funimation did pass on it. If I'm not mistaken, it is handled by Kadokawa.

That could definitely be the case but there isn't enough information to say either way. It's possible that Funi were turned down on those series because they bid for streaming only licenses.

Symphogear G isn't Kadokawa. It's hard to tell who has the rights to it, Dwango and Bushiroad are both involved in the series while the home video distributor is King Records MM (note that CR's recent King Records licenses have come from the Starchild label not King Records MM).
18577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 7/4/13
So Nekomonogatari Black just launched on Daisuki,
74429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 7/5/13 , edited 7/5/13
It's not a AoA master

I watched about 5 minutes and the quality actually looks decent (after I spent ~2 minutes refreshing in order to get it to play at 576p, which I believe is the max).
27653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Game
Offline
Posted 7/5/13





I can't wait for the second season of Hakkenden Eight Dogs of The East & the second season of Boukuko no Akito
53209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/5/13

RoyalMoon wrote:

So Nekomonogatari Black just launched on Daisuki,


Yes, one episode! LOL or woohoo?
https://www.daisuki.net/movies/seriesdetail/n
Will they put up the other 3 before Nekomonogarati White starts tomorrow? I doubt it...
The Wise Wizard
79371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 7/5/13

llamaben wrote:
I watched about 5 minutes and the quality actually looks decent (after I spent ~2 minutes refreshing in order to get it to play at 576p, which I believe is the max).

StreamTransport reports it as 896 x 504, which coincidentally is the same size as their default video frame, and the stream of that one Naruto game commercial that seems to be the only one they show. It seems a bit odd when they have other videos that are reported as 1280x720.

74429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 7/5/13 , edited 7/5/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


llamaben wrote:
I watched about 5 minutes and the quality actually looks decent (after I spent ~2 minutes refreshing in order to get it to play at 576p, which I believe is the max).

StreamTransport reports it as 896 x 504, which coincidentally is the same size as their default video frame, and the stream of that one Naruto game commercial that seems to be the only one they show. It seems a bit odd when they have other videos that are reported as 1280x720.

My bad, I edited that number in a few hours after I checked it so I must of messed up.

On another note it seems like Silver Spoon is also a Daisuki exclusive simulcast... The news is almost a day old but I didn't see anyone posting about it.
44600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Northampton, Mass...
Offline
Posted 7/5/13 , edited 7/5/13

llamaben wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:


llamaben wrote:
I watched about 5 minutes and the quality actually looks decent (after I spent ~2 minutes refreshing in order to get it to play at 576p, which I believe is the max).

StreamTransport reports it as 896 x 504, which coincidentally is the same size as their default video frame, and the stream of that one Naruto game commercial that seems to be the only one they show. It seems a bit odd when they have other videos that are reported as 1280x720.

My bad, I edited that number in a few hours after I checked it so I must of messed up.

On another note it seems like Silver Spoon is also a Daisuki exclusive simulcast... The news is almost a day old but I didn't see anyone posting about it.


I wan't expecting that for Silver Spoon, maybe Crunchyroll will get a delay on that one too. For me, being able to watch on my Roku would be worth a month wait. I also note that this article about one of the October Noitamina series briefly mentions that Silver Spoon will be split cour, with the second half in January. Was that mentioned else where before?

Edit: According to the lineup page, a catalog title is scheduled to be announced today.
The Wise Wizard
79371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 7/5/13 , edited 7/5/13

llamaben wrote:
My bad, I edited that number in a few hours after I checked it so I must of messed up.

576p is at least a standard resolution (PAL SD), so it is understandable. I have no idea how Daisuki arrived at that size for their default video frame and some of their videos.

While making video the same size as the video frame makes it sharper if one doesn't hit the full screen button, how many people don't?

It is especially odd since Bakemogatari is reported as being 1280x720. Even if Daisuki is outsourcing the encoding or letting the studios handle it, I would expect two series from the same studio to be handled in a more consistent manner.



On another note it seems like Silver Spoon is also a Daisuki exclusive simulcast... The news is almost a day old but I didn't see anyone posting about it.

It is odd that ANN didn't report that in a front page article. I sent a tip to CR News, so they may get the word out.

This is certainly going to disappoint people, but hopefully CR will at least get the stream on a delayed basis, as with Monogatari Second.

Even Daisuki has not mentioned this, it seems once again Aniplex jumped the gun and announced something their partner will not state until later (similar to CR simulcasting Daybreak Illusion).


Speaking of Daisuki mentioning things, someone needs to clue their site designer in that those yellow links in the Twitter feed pane on their homepage don't show up well on a white background.

53209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/5/13
Almost as bad as the white on yellow lettering of Vividred Operstion volume 4, yellow for Himawari chan Vivid Yellow.
51719 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 7/5/13
Daisuki got Silver Spoon? *sigh*

Don't tell me that's where Blood Lad ended up too...
First  Prev  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.