First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Summer 2013 Anime
52041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/22/13

pistolsaf wrote:
EDIT: Premiere date for Monogatari Series 2nd Season is now known
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-22/luna-haruna-sings-monogatari-series-2nd-season-anime-ending

No big surprise, it premieres "7/06 24:00"(or July 7th at Midnight) on Tokyo MX taking Oreimo 2's timeslot and that is the same timeslot that Nisemonogatari had.

http://www.monogatari-series.com/2ndseason/#onair


I've been negligent with my second post in this thread so I cleared it out to make it easier to find yours.

Oreimo losing its slot makes me wonder how long we'll have to wait for the 3 OVAs to be shown? And will we get them on Crunchyroll in a reasonable amount of time or kind of late like Girls Und Panzer 11-12 or not at all? I am forgetting now if Crunchy and its license partner have announced yet if they are getting the OVAs.

Can't wait for Monogatari Second Season though! July 7... I hope we get a good simulcast time so it is on Sunday here too or heck, Saturday would be nice!
36561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 5/22/13

hpulley wrote:


pistolsaf wrote:
EDIT: Premiere date for Monogatari Series 2nd Season is now known
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-22/luna-haruna-sings-monogatari-series-2nd-season-anime-ending

No big surprise, it premieres "7/06 24:00"(or July 7th at Midnight) on Tokyo MX taking Oreimo 2's timeslot and that is the same timeslot that Nisemonogatari had.

http://www.monogatari-series.com/2ndseason/#onair


I've been negligent with my second post in this thread so I cleared it out to make it easier to find yours.

Oreimo losing its slot makes me wonder how long we'll have to wait for the 3 OVAs to be shown? And will we get them on Crunchyroll in a reasonable amount of time or kind of late like Girls Und Panzer 11-12 or not at all? I am forgetting now if Crunchy and its license partner have announced yet if they are getting the OVAs.

Can't wait for Monogatari Second Season though! July 7... I hope we get a good simulcast time so it is on Sunday here too or heck, Saturday would be nice!


As far as Oreimo 2's OVAs, they said that those would get some sort of "worldwide" stream. Whether Crunchyroll and/or Daisuki gets it remains to be seen. I hope CR does get them since Daisuki basically sucks at the moment.

I imagine that Monogatari Second Season will get a Saturday early afternoon simulcast time (Although I imagine my Saturdays will be less busy without Oreimo 2 and Zettai Bouei Leviathan since I still have to slog through Nisemonogatari and I am not really a Monogatari series fan and I am not interested in A Town Where You Live).

by the way, I'll be going to Anime Boston this weekend so I may be late doing updates. I'll be going to Tomohiko Itou's panel on Saturday. Although I imagine Sword Art Online will dominate the discussion, I'll see if I can ask him about Gin no Saji since he will be directing that this summer.
584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/22/13
It's already been said that Shingeki No Kyojin is the best anime for the summer. Anyone care to disagree
36561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 5/22/13
And now have 36 known Summer series. It's a net anime, a short and it premieres in August. Midnight Animals
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-22/gonzo-makes-the-midnight-animals-cg-anime-shorts
146045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 5/22/13

pistolsaf wrote:

And now have 36 known Summer series. It's a net anime, a short and it premieres in August. Midnight Animals
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-22/gonzo-makes-the-midnight-animals-cg-anime-shorts


36 titles, does that also include the series that will continuously run into Summer like Shingeki?
36561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 5/22/13

stark700 wrote:


pistolsaf wrote:

And now have 36 known Summer series. It's a net anime, a short and it premieres in August. Midnight Animals
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-22/gonzo-makes-the-midnight-animals-cg-anime-shorts


36 titles, does that also include the series that will continuously run into Summer like Shingeki?


I mean 36 new series (I wasn't counting continuing like Attack on Titan).

90454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Toronto, Canada
Offline
Posted 5/22/13
There are going to be a lot of sequels I will be watching
36561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 5/22/13 , edited 5/23/13
StylipS will do the ED for Fate/kalied liner Prisma Illya
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-05-22/new-stylips-listed-on-fate/kaleid-liner-prisma-illya-ending-song

As noted by ANN or the article on Crunchyroll News, Choucho is doing the OP

EDIT: Moon Phase lists Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou as premiering on "7/01 25:00" or July 2nd at 1 a.m JST on Tokyo MX.
1490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Finland
Offline
Posted 5/23/13
More to my list:

Suisei no Gargantia OVA (heck yes! I love Gargantia!)
36561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 5/23/13 , edited 5/23/13
I won't add it yet to the list, but Summer will have at least 37 new series now that we know that NoitaminA will have two shows this summer
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-23/silver-spoon-anime-previewed-in-noitamina-video

I just don't feel like adding Untitled Summer NoitaminA series as a name. Would rather wait until next week when the title gets revealed.

EDIT: Changed my mind. I'll add it and then adjust the title when it does get announced.

Two more premiere dates and times.

Symphogear G(likely to be simulcasted by Funimation) premieres on "7/4 26:35" or July 5th 2:35 a.m JST. MBS is the premiere station

http://symphogear-g.com/on_air.php

Hyperdimension Neptunia premieres on July 12th at 10 pm JST(or 7/12 22:00). It premires on BS-Animax. Any simulcast would likely follow the Tokyo MX airing at "7/12 25:00" or July 13th 1 am JST

http://nep-anime.tv/story.html?st=onair
146045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 5/23/13

pistolsaf wrote:

I won't add it yet to the list, but Summer will have at least 37 new series now that we know that NoitaminA will have two shows this summer
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-23/silver-spoon-anime-previewed-in-noitamina-video

I just don't feel like adding Untitled Summer NoitaminA series as a name. Would rather wait until next week when the title gets revealed.

Very interesting here.

Apparently, it will be entirely two original titles which I assume will not be based off a preexisting product like manga, LN, game, etc. There were two series that aired last Fall lineup which I believe were R;N and Psycho Pass on the block.

Good way to start off today :3
16168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Seattle
Online
Posted 5/24/13 , edited 5/24/13
Makai Ouji; Watamote; Silver Spoon; Blood Lab; Genshiken Nidaime; Hakkenden 2

Those I'll check out for sure. There are some others that look interesting, I'll have to see how the streaming works out on them.

(Was I the only one who saw Servant x Service and thought of Inu x Boku SS?)
The Wise Wizard
78021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 5/26/13
Somewhat related to the summer anime season, I noticed this tidbit from ANN's coverage of the Funimation panel at Anime Boston:

Sheehan then revealed that Funimation.com will get a full revamp this summer that will have videos loading faster, will allow users to create playlists, will feature interactive profiles and more, and Funimation will be launching the beta soon.


Also, the new Funimation.com will run on HTML 5.

Given Funimation's past record with schedules of this type, however, I expect this probably won't be ready until the fall season, if not later.
36561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 5/26/13
OK, back from two days of Anime Boston. I did my updates to my post on the front page as another Summer series got confirmed Gifuu Doudou!! Kanetsugu to Keiji . It premieres on TV Tokyo on July 3rd at 1:40 a.m JST. That makes the count 38 .

Premiere times and dates are also now known for: Rozen Maiden(July 5th at 1:58 a.m JST), Servant X Service(July 5th at 3:08 a.m JST) and Genshiken Nidaime(July 7th at 1 am JST)
52041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/28/13

TheAncientOne wrote:

Somewhat related to the summer anime season, I noticed this tidbit from ANN's coverage of the Funimation panel at Anime Boston:

Sheehan then revealed that Funimation.com will get a full revamp this summer that will have videos loading faster, will allow users to create playlists, will feature interactive profiles and more, and Funimation will be launching the beta soon.


Also, the new Funimation.com will run on HTML 5.

Given Funimation's past record with schedules of this type, however, I expect this probably won't be ready until the fall season, if not later.


Exactly! Sadly we have heard about upcoming website improvements from Funimation for a long time. I am at last a subscriber this season and I hope they finally come up with some improvements as both their web site and their streaming leave much to be desired. I continue to say if they joined forces with Crunchyroll using Crunchy's site and streaming of both their libraries and Funi's dubbing and distribution of both their libraries it would be better than the two separate entities today.
36561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 5/28/13 , edited 5/28/13
We have two more premiere dates and times:

Recorder to Ransel Mi premieres July 1st at 10:25 pm JST on AT-X.

Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist premieres on July 8th at 1:05 a.m JST on TV Tokyo. (So it takes the timeslot that Nyarko-san has this season).
http://makai-ouji.com/onair.html
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.