First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply Devil Survivor 2 The Animation
12130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / England
Offline
Posted 5/9/13
I'm trying my best to keep optimistic about this anime. After the episode that's just come out, I'm feeling pretty optimistic that the show'll get better. Seems like plot/character development can begin to actually be seen after this episode.
84355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/19/13
so the ending in full should be coming out in may 22
19918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

AnimeKami wrote:

so the ending in full should be coming out in may 22



do you even like this show i think its trash
84355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

maffayoo wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

so the ending in full should be coming out in may 22



do you even like this show i think its trash


no but the ending is nice
145921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 5/19/13 , edited 5/19/13
This show is pretty mediocre now. It had a rather strong pilot episode imo but quickly went downhill. The OP/ED songs along with some of the visuals are probably the highlights. However the writing is trash and so are some of the action imo. Oh well, only 22 minutes per week so nothing too much to lose. This will probably end up about a 5/10 for me unless they can pull its shit together.



19918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

stark700 wrote:

This show is pretty mediocre now. It had a rather strong pilot episode imo but quickly went downhill. The OP/ED songs along with some of the visuals are probably the highlights. However the writing is trash and so are some of the action imo. Oh well, only 22 minutes per week so nothing too much to lose. This will probably end up about a 5/10 for me unless they can pull its shit together.






i watched it upto ep 6 and i cant find the will to catch up it seems to be the biggest fail so far.YUYUSHIKI IS BETTER
145921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

maffayoo wrote:


stark700 wrote:

This show is pretty mediocre now. It had a rather strong pilot episode imo but quickly went downhill. The OP/ED songs along with some of the visuals are probably the highlights. However the writing is trash and so are some of the action imo. Oh well, only 22 minutes per week so nothing too much to lose. This will probably end up about a 5/10 for me unless they can pull its shit together.


i watched it upto ep 6 and i cant find the will to catch up it seems to be the biggest fail so far.YUYUSHIKI IS BETTER

Might as well finish it now and hopefully it will wrap itself up in some sort of way. If there's one thing though, this series does bring a different genre involving demon summoning which I haven't seen in awhile from ongoing titles.

Oh and CR has the show in HQ and is streamed 30 minutes after the Japan debut so yup.

Dat blush from latest episode:


Unrelated: can't wait for Persona 3 film.
34374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 5/19/13
I admit that this show has had a number of stumbles (e.g. not doing a whole lot of characterization – the complete opposite of the original game), but I intend to watch it all the way to the end.
19918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

stark700 wrote:


maffayoo wrote:


stark700 wrote:

This show is pretty mediocre now. It had a rather strong pilot episode imo but quickly went downhill. The OP/ED songs along with some of the visuals are probably the highlights. However the writing is trash and so are some of the action imo. Oh well, only 22 minutes per week so nothing too much to lose. This will probably end up about a 5/10 for me unless they can pull its shit together.


i watched it upto ep 6 and i cant find the will to catch up it seems to be the biggest fail so far.YUYUSHIKI IS BETTER

Might as well finish it now and hopefully it will wrap itself up in some sort of way. If there's one thing though, this series does bring a different genre involving demon summoning which I haven't seen in awhile from ongoing titles.

Oh and CR has the show in HQ and is streamed 30 minutes after the Japan debut so yup.

Dat blush from latest episode:


Unrelated: can't wait for Persona 3 film.




well now uve done it i have a redhead fetish and you just showed me theres a redhead...
84355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

stark700 wrote:

This show is pretty mediocre now. It had a rather strong pilot episode imo but quickly went downhill. The OP/ED songs along with some of the visuals are probably the highlights. However the writing is trash and so are some of the action imo. Oh well, only 22 minutes per week so nothing too much to lose. This will probably end up about a 5/10 for me unless they can pull its shit together.



I'm sure you and I have enough experience to say it mostly likely won't pull its shit together, lol.
55108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 5/19/13


2013's Arcana Famiglia.


84355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

chrome_mist wrote:



2013's Arcana Famiglia.




it isn't as bad as that...
One Punch Mod
48810 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 5/19/13 , edited 5/19/13

AnimeKami wrote:


chrome_mist wrote:



2013's Arcana Famiglia.




it isn't as bad as that...

Stepped back in here just in case there might be a hint this was worth picking back up and thanks to the first thing I saw, chrome's post, I got the clear answer no (supported by every post preceding it back to the day that I'd quit).

I do agree with you that it's not quite as bad as Arcana Famiglia though. Driven by a strong first episode and hope, I made it through five episodes of Devil Survivor 2, and I still say the ED is fabulous (I even go back occasionally to just watch that). I let myself suffer through just four of Arcana Famiglia and have no memory whatsoever of the OP or ED.

84355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

lorreen wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


chrome_mist wrote:



2013's Arcana Famiglia.




it isn't as bad as that...

Stepped back in here just in case there might be a hint this was worth picking back up and thanks to the first thing I saw, chrome's post, I got the clear answer no (supported by every post preceding it back to the day that I'd quit).

I do agree with you that it's not quite as bad as Arcana Famiglia though. Driven by a strong first episode and hope, I made it through five episodes of Devil Survivor 2, and I still say the ED is fabulous (I even go back occasionally to just watch that). I let myself suffer through just four of Arcana Famiglia and have no memory whatsoever of the OP or ED.



It isn't worth watching if you've already dropped it, unless you want entitlement to rant about it later. The anime hasn't taken any different direction from trying to implore any sort of depth to the story. Everything is superficial and really does not need to have much cognitive abilities to get what is happening.
4225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20
Offline
Posted 5/20/13 , edited 5/20/13
The show is okay, I'd currently give it a sold 7/10. It's not really special, but if you really think this is bad or even close to the worst thing this season, than I really don't think you've watched much anime. There are far worse things this season. It's on the upper end in the art department this season, it doesn't use cheap plot twists like Valvrave does every single episode, the plot isn't really bad like a lot of other anime this season, up until a tiny portion of episode 7 it wasn't pandering (And even then, it wasn't nearly as annoyingly pandering as more than half of the other shows this season), it doesn't do that unbearable thing where they dramatically kill off a character only to bring them back an episode or two later like it's no big deal, like TWO other shows this season have.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.