First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply Devil Survivor 2 The Animation
One Punch Mod
48823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/6/13

leokiko123 wrote:

Great start. OST and animation are indeed great, and the premise so far is very interesting. Surprised me, as I thought this would be awful.


I might not say "great" but pretty darned-good, and it definitely got my interest. I was pretty skeptical going in due to a basic mistrust of adaptations from games, but now I'm saying that the next couple of episodes would have to take a pretty drastic turn into awfulness for me to drop this.

Characters and character-design. I like them.

Plot, it's been done in its basics a lot of times, but it's being executed in such a way that I'm genuinely interested to see what happens next.

Whole look of the thing--I quite like it.
52051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/6/13

lorreen wrote:


leokiko123 wrote:

Great start. OST and animation are indeed great, and the premise so far is very interesting. Surprised me, as I thought this would be awful.


I might not say "great" but pretty darned-good, and it definitely got my interest. I was pretty skeptical going in due to a basic mistrust of adaptations from games, but now I'm saying that the next couple of episodes would have to take a pretty drastic turn into awfulness for me to drop this.

Characters and character-design. I like them.

Plot, it's been done in its basics a lot of times, but it's being executed in such a way that I'm genuinely interested to see what happens next.

Whole look of the thing--I quite like it.


Every plot has been done dozens or hundreds of times so it is all about the execution and so far the are executing well with this one! As you say, good characters and character design, good music, exciting, looking forward to the next one too!
One Punch Mod
48823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/6/13

PotofPotatoes wrote:

I thought this was bloody amazing! Good job BDT told me to check it out.

If you guys could check out my first impressions that would be great, I tried quite hard to make this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1VJzEpFssA


That was a fun first impression. Thanks for keeping it short, because I never sit through more than 3 or 4 minutes of those things. But as a commentor commented, it was clearly an ice-cream cone!
20084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / London
Offline
Posted 4/6/13

lorreen wrote:


PotofPotatoes wrote:

I thought this was bloody amazing! Good job BDT told me to check it out.

If you guys could check out my first impressions that would be great, I tried quite hard to make this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1VJzEpFssA


That was a fun first impression. Thanks for keeping it short, because I never sit through more than 3 or 4 minutes of those things. But as a commentor commented, it was clearly an ice-cream cone!


Glad you enjoyed it ^_^ wanna get more regular watchers tbh. Its fun seeing comments on my videos ^_^
4225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20
Offline
Posted 4/7/13
I feel like this is going to be an anime people who haven't played the game will really enjoy, and those who have will have mixed opinions due to how much has been changed. Personally, I don't mind the change since it gives me a reason to watch this show, and it feels a lot more like an animation than just watching a game. Which was my biggest problem with Persona 4 The Animation.


tehstud wrote:

Gantz rip-off


I've seen a lot of people compare this to Gantz, which is funny since it's really just how the anime presents itself in the first episode. Literally nobody ever compared the game to Gantz, because it really is nothing like it, it's just the first episode kind of did make it look like Gantz.
21925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/13
Just finished the game a few days ago, they've already changed a couple things from the game, but it's probably just becuase of time constraints and probably won't affect the overall story.

Also, I would have loved to have had Byakko that early in the game, for some reason I had trouble with that boss more than any other in the game.
34378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 4/7/13
I am going to go ahead and subscribe to the theory that Hibiki has advanced demons (and a ton of money) because the anime is a New Game Plus.

4225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20
Offline
Posted 4/7/13
Also, it's probably a little late to point this out, but the synopsis that the OP used actually isn't correct. It's actually kind of funny, because this was the synopsis of the game's plot that we got when the game was first announce around February, 2011. It ended up being a mistranslation that just got spread around a lot. Although, I'm surprised that that synopsis is still floating out there. Haha. I guess if you want to know what about it is a mistranslation, I guess I'll put it under a spoiler box.

1835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / matthew williams'...
Offline
Posted 4/7/13
I've never heard of it before, so it's new to me. The first episode was very interesting and caught me interest right away.
I might check out the game sometime.
24681 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Kansas, USA
Offline
Posted 4/8/13
alright... so i know that i probably sound stupid for asking this, but devil survivor 1 is where? I know that there is a game, but is there a manga or anime out for it? I haven't found it.

The first episode looks great! This was my first look at Devil Survivor and even though this is Devil Survivor "2" I don't feel as though I have missed anything. It is great!
61730 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Online
Posted 4/8/13

jerrikk wrote:

alright... so i know that i probably sound stupid for asking this, but devil survivor 1 is where? I know that there is a game, but is there a manga or anime out for it? I haven't found it.

The first episode looks great! This was my first look at Devil Survivor and even though this is Devil Survivor "2" I don't feel as though I have missed anything. It is great!


Devil Survivor "1" isn't anywhere since the name is based on the title of the game. This anime isn't a sequel, but the game it is adapted from is. I guess, for whatever reason, they decided not to start the adaptation with the first game in the series.
50002 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 4/8/13

jerrikk wrote:

alright... so i know that i probably sound stupid for asking this, but devil survivor 1 is where? I know that there is a game, but is there a manga or anime out for it? I haven't found it.

The first episode looks great! This was my first look at Devil Survivor and even though this is Devil Survivor "2" I don't feel as though I have missed anything. It is great!


There is no anime for Devil Survivor 1 and the two games are not connected plot wise so you won't be missing anything if you haven't played the first game.
Although I haven't played the Devil Survivor 2 game yet, I have heard from some people that it has a more "anime" feel than the first game which is probably why the second one was made into an anime instead of the first
12748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / SRF-003 Calnus
Offline
Posted 4/8/13
lol cant wait for more episodes im happy that i can still remember the names of the demons they used, played alot of SMT games
4225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20
Offline
Posted 4/11/13
Well, the next episode airs in about an hour.
1971 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Planet Earth
Offline
Posted 4/11/13
New episode today! it should be awesome!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.