First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Flowers of Evil Discussions
62251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / South of sanity.
Offline
Posted 4/15/13

asharka wrote:

Good grief, that ED theme was creepy.


I really want to know what it says!

15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 4/15/13
Is it weird that I strangely love this show?
62251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / South of sanity.
Offline
Posted 4/15/13

tommythecat wrote:

Is it weird that I strangely love this show?


If you had normal love for it, then it would be weird
10374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 4/15/13 , edited 4/15/13
Ouch. I feel kinda nauseous - every second of this show has you on edge...think I need to go watch some Gintama now.

Thank you to all the clever folks who explained about the rotoscoping - the fact that the characters all move like proper human beings makes a real impact. Even the MC's voice doesn't sound like a seiyuu's voice, but like an actual teenager. Nakamura sacred the heck out of me and clearly has no boundaries or inhibitions - people like that in real life really are terrifying - we are all bound up by a million constraints - who would really do that? Must be even more terrifying in Japanese terms since there is so much emphasis on restraint and etiquette.
18340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / England
Offline
Posted 4/15/13

Man_Of_Leisure wrote:


asharka wrote:

Good grief, that ED theme was creepy.


I really want to know what it says!



The flower bloomed. The flower, the flower bloomed. It was terribly afraid of the wind. Nobody had ever seen it before, and it bloomed. [Repeats] Nobody had ever seen it before, and it seemed to bloom. [Repeats] None had seen it before.. and it seemed to bloom. "There's no flower." "There shouldn't be a flower." Some were convinced it was so. But they were wrong, and it was there. None had ever seen it. It should be harsh to listen to. A flower bloomed that should not have. There it is, yes, there it is. There it is. [Repeats first section again]
62251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / South of sanity.
Offline
Posted 4/15/13
Thank you sir!
10374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 4/15/13

hgibson88 wrote:

The flower bloomed. The flower, the flower bloomed. It was terribly afraid of the wind. Nobody had ever seen it before, and it bloomed. [Repeats] Nobody had ever seen it before, and it seemed to bloom. [Repeats] None had seen it before.. and it seemed to bloom. "There's no flower." "There shouldn't be a flower." Some were convinced it was so. But they were wrong, and it was there. None had ever seen it. It should be harsh to listen to. A flower bloomed that should not have. There it is, yes, there it is. There it is. [Repeats first section again]

Thank you. And now I shall go sit in a dark room and cry...Yes, everything about Aku no Hana is discomfiting. Although if you'd read just those words, without having seen the anime or heard the music, it would seem quite triumphal...
74341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/15/13
The choice to rotoscope this is definitely a decision meant to influence your emotions. It's unexpected and very jarring. You are right it dose make you feel uncomfortable watching it.

I've never been a fan of Rotoscoping myself, and even here I'm still not happy they went this route, but artistically I think it is a good choice.
22905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Virginia
Offline
Posted 4/15/13

Man_Of_Leisure wrote:


asharka wrote:

Good grief, that ED theme was creepy.


I really want to know what it says!



just found out that the ending is actually based off an original Japanese song.

Here's the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWCD9EtKPAY
25765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 七十七 / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 4/15/13 , edited 4/15/13

Man_Of_Leisure wrote:

For example, when he freaks out and runs away from the bike. In other anime series that's normally the type of situation that is played off for comedic effect, and If they were to do the same for this show it would be a betrayal of the source material(from what i hear!).


I actually laughed at that part! What made it even funnier too was that while he was running, it seemed like every once in a while he would teleport from one spot to another as he was running, lol.

I'm definitely quite interested in this show now after this ep! Looking forward to the next! ^__^
16154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Ottawa, Ontario
Offline
Posted 4/15/13 , edited 4/15/13
I find that when I watch this show that I'm not thinking of it as anime. Sure it's labeled as anime, it's animated, and it's from Japan, but this anime seems to be more like a really scary movie. And as such, I actually find myself liking it more since I'm not treating it like traditional anime. It's more like a 13 part drama/suspense/horror film. That's just my thoughts anyways.
62251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / South of sanity.
Offline
Posted 4/15/13 , edited 4/15/13

suikojay wrote:


Man_Of_Leisure wrote:

For example, when he freaks out and runs away from the bike. In other anime series that's normally the type of situation that is played off for comedic effect, and If they were to do the same for this show it would be a betrayal of the source material(from what i hear!).


I actually laughed at that part! What made it even funnier too was that while he was running, it seemed like every once in a while he would teleport from one spot to another as he was running, lol.

I'm definitely quite interested in this show now after this ep! Looking forward to the next! ^__^


To be honest I did too :)

My excuse is that its a cultural disconnect because someone from the U.S where I live would never behave like that, but it is something you see in Japanese live action LOL
21848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F
Offline
Posted 4/15/13
This anime somehow manages to make me uneasy. I'm loving it.
Does that even make sense?! hahaha...
11595 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Anime world...
Offline
Posted 4/15/13
Everyone seems to be in love with it.

Whereas, here I am, just sitting in the corner of my room, feeling absolutely scared.

This anime makes me feel uneasy and disturbed. Like waiting for a guillotine to slice your head off.

But I do enjoy the way it is done. The very realistic animation and realism of it. For some reason, I really like it.

I'm still scared though.

Should I go watch episode 3? I feel like this fear is going to kill me.
One Punch Mod
44544 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/15/13 , edited 4/16/13

hgibson88 wrote:


Man_Of_Leisure wrote:


asharka wrote:

Good grief, that ED theme was creepy.


I really want to know what it says!



The flower bloomed. The flower, the flower bloomed. It was terribly afraid of the wind. Nobody had ever seen it before, and it bloomed. [Repeats] Nobody had ever seen it before, and it seemed to bloom. [Repeats] None had seen it before.. and it seemed to bloom. "There's no flower." "There shouldn't be a flower." Some were convinced it was so. But they were wrong, and it was there. None had ever seen it. It should be harsh to listen to. A flower bloomed that should not have. There it is, yes, there it is. There it is. [Repeats first section again]


Thank you.

I don't really like the opening song, but all the other music in the show, and that ending especially are beautifully unnerving--very much something I like. So minimalist. I especially like how they start the ED "on top of" the closing scene. They did that in the first episode too, and it's quite unsettling, and so perfect.

Episode 2 affected me the same way the first one did. The slow pace that doesn't bore but creates a perfect tension.



First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.