First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply New Spring Titles: Muromi-san, Zettai Boei Leviatan, and Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
24016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / São Paulo, Brazil
Offline
Posted 4/6/13 , edited 4/6/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


stark700 wrote:

The biggest question still remains on who will get Attack on Titan tomorrow

I don't think CR will be making any more announcements until Monday, based on this:

Keikawa back again to hijack Michana's thread to make the last announcement of the day until we pick back up again next week with:

While technically, Sunday is "next week", it isn't a work day for most CR staffers so in their mind "next week" starts with Monday.

The last terrestrial station airs it at 1:35 AM Tuesday in Japan, so there is always the chance that it will be synced to that as a simulcast.



That doesn't matter. If Shingeki is not worldwide, most people will go for fansubs. And if it isn't simulcast on CR, fansubs won't even consider not subbing it.

But this season has been good for CR so far, they got lots of great stuff, so it's not like I'm complaining. Fansubs are great as well.

The Wise Wizard
73246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 4/6/13

leokiko123 wrote:
That doesn't matter. If Shingeki is not worldwide, most people will go for fansubs. And if it isn't simulcast on CR, fansubs won't even consider not subbing it.

It matters to me and to any number of others who aren't "most people" and who don't view if there is not a legal stream.

brego1 
35424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Northern Europe
Offline
Posted 4/6/13
Gargantia? YEYS! CR I love you!
24016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / São Paulo, Brazil
Offline
Posted 4/6/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


leokiko123 wrote:
That doesn't matter. If Shingeki is not worldwide, most people will go for fansubs. And if it isn't simulcast on CR, fansubs won't even consider not subbing it.

It matters to me and to any number of others who aren't "most people" and who don't view if there is not a legal stream.



I feel kinda sad for you then, not being able to watch stuff like Jojo(which is near impossible to licence due to its music references i.e a character named ACDC) because...yeah, really why?

There's no harm whatsoever in doing so, as long as you keep supporting CR.
26512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/6/13
Attack on Titan and Karneval and you will have hit the spring jackpot CR!! Good luck, but even without those you've got most of the more anticipated shows. I am glad this season had a hell of a lot less shorty shows tho.
26512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/6/13
I feel the same. If it wasn't for fansubs I'd prolly not own about 90% of my $15,000 worth of anime related stuff. Been collecting for about 10 years now so that numbers not that impressive but without me being able to see if I like it I'm not going to buy it blind. Japanese collectors watch this stuff for free over broadcast TV or on their parents tab so if it's not on the sites I pay for I'll find the free sources as well so I can judge it to be buy-able or not.
65179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 4/6/13 , edited 4/6/13

IronMako wrote: Attack on Titan and Karneval and you will have hit the spring jackpot CR!! Good luck, but even without those you've got most of the more anticipated shows. I am glad this season had a hell of a lot less shorty shows tho.


Funimation announced Karneval, which is why attention has been focusing on Attack on Titan. Given Funimation's penchant for delayed seasonal streams, the fact that a broadcast premier is coming up or has passed doesn't tell us much about whether Funimation has licensed something either.


leokiko123 wrote: That doesn't matter. If Shingeki is not worldwide, most people will go for fansubs.


First and foremost ~ the question at hand is about using premier broadcast times to guide our guesses whether or not Crunchyroll might license something. For that question, the fact that there are broadcasts one or more days later and the series could be a simulcast against a later broadcast obviously matters, because its often the case that some publishers simulcast on a delay of a few days, and some publishers simulcast against a broadcaster after the premier broadcaster.

Because publishers sometime act that way, the later broadcast times obviously matter for the question of whether or not Crunchyroll will likely get the broadcast. If the last broadcast time has come and gone, the likelihood that Crunchyroll having the license takes a substantial drop down. It doesn't go to zero (remember Giant Killing started half a season late and Little Busters a season late), but it drops down.

How many people will watched streams on a one, two, or up to a week delay is a side question, and I apologize for originally treating it as the main question being raised. Regarding the side question:


5160 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Chicago , IL
Offline
Posted 4/6/13
I ♥ Muromi-san and Oreimo 2
36046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/6/13

Zettai Boei Leviatan is set to broadcast every Saturday starting on April 6, at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time for audiences in the following territories: [...] Netherlands [...].


Cool story, yet I can't see it
47792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
65 / Maryland
Offline
Posted 4/6/13
Just watched Zettai Boei Leviatan. It has some fan service but it appears to basically be a kid's magical girl show
The Wise Wizard
73246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 4/6/13

leokiko123 wrote:
I feel kinda sad for you then, not being able to watch stuff like Jojo(which is near impossible to licence due to its music references i.e a character named ACDC) because...yeah, really why?

There's no harm whatsoever in doing so, as long as you keep supporting CR.

Why should you feel sad for me doing something by choice?

I realized back in summer 2010 I hadn't watched any fansubs for a while, and reasoned at that point I really didn't need to. The quantity of legit material had grown to the point where it kept me busy, and much of the stuff I would have been interested in seeing would be eventually licensed (and that has proven out).

24016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / São Paulo, Brazil
Offline
Posted 4/6/13
You are missing a lot of good stuff by restricting yourself to watching only licenced shows. But, you know, your call.

@agila61: If it's a highly anticipated show for someone, why would such person wait insted of easily downloading from the fansubs(which is insanely easy, and certainly easier than battling against CR's video stream that keeps locking up on me all the time).

And what if it never gets licenced, like Jojo? Should I just do NOTHING? Nope. Will download it illegally. And I certainly generalized a bit too much, but I do sincerely believe that most people will seek out for animes illegally if they are not licenced or delivered in time(simulcast, which should be a MUST, if not then beating the pirates will be impossible).
115036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Cαℓιғσяиια, Sʋи Ѵ...
Offline
Posted 4/6/13
OMG THEY ADDED Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet (Suisei no Gargantia) and Zettai Boei Leviatan :D

57050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 4/6/13
CR doesn't usually lie about their series in regions, but when it says

Zettai Boei Leviatan is set to broadcast every Saturday starting on April 6, at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time for audiences in the following territories: North America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Netherlands, Scandinavia, Turkey, Central America, and South America.
and I'm part of Scandinavia and can't see Zettai Boei Leviatan. Because Denmark aren't licensed, is what I'm getting told, when I look at the site for the series.

Availability Information
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region.
Are there any feedback on why this is happening?
The Wise Wizard
73246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 4/6/13 , edited 4/6/13

grinebidderen wrote:

CR doesn't usually lie about their series in regions, but when it says

Zettai Boei Leviatan is set to broadcast every Saturday starting on April 6, at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time for audiences in the following territories: North America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Netherlands, Scandinavia, Turkey, Central America, and South America.
and I'm part of Scandinavia and can't see Zettai Boei Leviatan. Because Denmark aren't licensed, is what I'm getting told, when I look at the site for the series.

Availability Information
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region.
Are there any feedback on why this is happening?

It wouldn't be the first time that at the start of the season the regional restrictions were not set correctly.

First, check that CR actually thinks you are in Denmark (in the "Detected Country:" at the bottom of the Contact page), and if it is, use the form to alert customer service to the issue (but be aware there may be no one in the office to act on it until Monday).

A person in The Netherlands reported the same issue with this series but states it has since been resolved.






leokiko123 wrote:

You are missing a lot of good stuff by restricting yourself to watching only licenced shows. But, you know, your call.

You may not be aware how much anime eventually gets licensed here in the United States, especially over the past few years. Waiting months or years to watch something isn't the same as missing it. If was good, it still will be.

I would like to say with age comes patience, but I've seen my share of people my age that seem to have none (though the percentage is less than among those younger). I suspect growing up in an era without even video recorders, much less the internet, is probably a bigger factor.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.