First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
Post Reply Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Discussions
24594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/27/13 , edited 4/27/13
The irony...........

15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 4/27/13

icecreamsnow wrote:

The irony...........



That would have been a perfect time for a shoutout to CR for a legal means
48059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 4/27/13 , edited 4/27/13

tommythecat wrote:


icecreamsnow wrote:

The irony...........



That would have been a perfect time for a shoutout to CR for a legal means


I was expecting them to pimp a distribution compnany that does streaming too. lol


Rito2Ru
it was annoying in the first season
there's a limit to how much I can handle the tsun side with almost zero dere


Glad Im not the only one who feels this way...
24594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/27/13

drakedogma wrote:



I'm not quite sure what your point is. This is an adaption of the light novels. The Ayase rework aside, they're doing it because it happens in the books.

But as soon as I heard they were only doing 12/13 episodes (and a few extras for the web/Blu-Ray), given that they're covering 7 light novels as opposed to the 5 covered in the extended first season, it was clear that something was going to have to give. There's just too much content to cover in a short space of time. The approach they've taken is just to do some side storys and stick to the key plot points. Granted, this means that the drama is being lost, and it's just a slapstick comedy. Which is sad because the writing seems to be really deep.

But ultimately Oreimo got a second season because they want to sell the light novels, not do a complete adaption of them, and I would have loved to have seen the latter.
One Punch Mod
50073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/27/13
I was just saying that Oreimo 2 was a slight disappointment for me this season (based on episodes 1-3), but I actually loved episode 4, and thought it was very cute and fun, SAO reference included. I also enjoyed the rare event of a girl completely unembarrassed by accidental hall and bathroom naked encounters. Was that intended to be an American vs. Japanese contrast? (Or just Ria being an especially bold young thing with a crush?)
64324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / South of sanity.
Online
Posted 4/27/13 , edited 4/27/13
Yikes
53335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/27/13 , edited 4/27/13

tommythecat wrote:


icecreamsnow wrote:

The irony...........



That would have been a perfect time for a shoutout to CR for a legal means


Agreed! I usually watch with subs off anyways but I thought that would have been a great place for some total troll subs here for once. "YES! I WATCH ON CRUNCHYROLL!" would have been very funny. Apparently the writers don't realize you can watch anime easily here, hmm... "Not much on TV but you can watch anything on the internet..." would have been a better line IMO.


lorreen wrote:

I was just saying that Oreimo 2 was a slight disappointment for me this season (based on episodes 1-3), but I actually loved episode 4, and thought it was very cute and fun, SAO reference included. I also enjoyed the rare event of a girl completely unembarrassed by accidental hall and bathroom naked encounters. Was that intended to be an American vs. Japanese contrast? (Or just Ria being an especially bold young thing with a crush?)


Agreed, this episode I am finally enjoying season two. I know it is a light novel adaptation but in adaptations, especially ones with just 13 episodes plus OVAs you have to pick and chose what to adapt and what not to adapt and the first 3 episodes were good but not as good as season one. Episode 4 is finally up to what I was expecting.

We needed a '-con' drinking game for today's episode, too funny.

And that ending!!!
29590 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Free World Jail
Online
Posted 4/27/13
Haha yea this season is a bit lacking compared to last season but i still love it!
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 4/27/13

hpulley wrote:

Agreed, this episode I am finally enjoying season two. I know it is a light novel adaptation but in adaptations, especially ones with just 13 episodes plus OVAs you have to pick and chose what to adapt and what not to adapt and the first 3 episodes were good but not as good as season one. Episode 4 is finally up to what I was expecting.

We needed a '-con' drinking game for today's episode, too funny.

And that ending!!!


Yeah, It's been spinning it's wheels since episode one. I know that Ayase and Saori development needed to happen but it felt very divorced from the continuity of the first episode even if that was a reintroduction it still served an obvious purpose.

As far as picking and choosing what to adapt I think they did a really good job first season, there was a pretty important chapter about Manami disappearing where Kyousuke starts freaking out about it and it basically serves explain how attached to Manami Kyousuke is and why he actually snaps at Kirino when she bad mouths her. The anime instead lumped those feelings into the "Halloween" episode at Manami's house and the anime didn't suffer for it and the point still gets across.

Sadly the 2nd and 3rd episodes of this season don't have that same well crafted feel to them. I certainly know what I'm supposed to know about Kyousuke and Ayase but the subtly used there was like a brick through a window. I know about Saori but the purpose for learning more about her isn't quite apparent yet though I'm sure it will be eventually(it had a very side story feeling to it). Here's hoping we moved out of the awkward phase and will continue moving forward like with episode 4.
od1968 
17236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Bay Area, CA
Offline
Posted 4/27/13
Posted 4/27/13 , edited 4/27/13

od1968 wrote:




I just loved how they leave the viewer like that. As to your guess, I too have been drawn to that answer.
One Punch Mod
50073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/27/13

od1968 wrote:


That's my assumption about the ending as well.

155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Michigan, US
Offline
Posted 4/27/13
I wasn't really a fan of this episode and considering the fact that they aren't making that many episodes I thought they should be trying to cover more stuff from the novels. This kind of felt like a filler episode to me, which is weird if they are only making 12 or so episodes.
This episode definitely had it's humorous parts, but I felt like its message could have been condensed into a couple of minutes in another episode instead of taking up a full episode.
od1968 
17236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Bay Area, CA
Offline
Posted 4/27/13

Camp1nCarl wrote:

I wasn't really a fan of this episode and considering the fact that they aren't making that many episodes I thought they should be trying to cover more stuff from the novels. This kind of felt like a filler episode to me, which is weird if they are only making 12 or so episodes.
This episode definitely had it's humorous parts, but I felt like its message could have been condensed into a couple of minutes in another episode instead of taking up a full episode.


12 regularly aired eps and 4 OVA eps actually.
155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Michigan, US
Offline
Posted 4/27/13

od1968 wrote:


Camp1nCarl wrote:

I wasn't really a fan of this episode and considering the fact that they aren't making that many episodes I thought they should be trying to cover more stuff from the novels. This kind of felt like a filler episode to me, which is weird if they are only making 12 or so episodes.
This episode definitely had it's humorous parts, but I felt like its message could have been condensed into a couple of minutes in another episode instead of taking up a full episode.


12 regularly aired eps and 4 OVA eps actually.


That's good to hear at least. Nonetheless they still have quite a bit to cover from the light novels so if they really want to get most of the stories in they better start hustling (although I understand its an adaptation so it is not following it directly).

BTW: Liking the profile pic, Toradora FTW.
od1968 
17236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Bay Area, CA
Offline
Posted 4/27/13 , edited 4/27/13

Camp1nCarl wrote:


od1968 wrote:


Camp1nCarl wrote:

I wasn't really a fan of this episode and considering the fact that they aren't making that many episodes I thought they should be trying to cover more stuff from the novels. This kind of felt like a filler episode to me, which is weird if they are only making 12 or so episodes.
This episode definitely had it's humorous parts, but I felt like its message could have been condensed into a couple of minutes in another episode instead of taking up a full episode.


12 regularly aired eps and 4 OVA eps actually.


That's good to hear at least. Nonetheless they still have quite a bit to cover from the light novels so if they really want to get most of the stories in they better start hustling (although I understand its an adaptation so it is not following it directly).

BTW: Liking the profile pic, Toradora FTW.


I myself am wondering whats gonna take place this season and if they will end it in season 2 or try and get a season 3 as well.

And thank you! Gotta love Taiga!
24594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/27/13

tommythecat wrote:
I know about Saori but the purpose for learning more about her isn't quite apparent yet though I'm sure it will be eventually(it had a very side story feeling to it). Here's hoping we moved out of the awkward phase and will continue moving forward like with episode 4.




12254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/27/13

Camp1nCarl wrote:

I wasn't really a fan of this episode and considering the fact that they aren't making that many episodes I thought they should be trying to cover more stuff from the novels. This kind of felt like a filler episode to me, which is weird if they are only making 12 or so episodes.
This episode definitely had it's humorous parts, but I felt like its message could have been condensed into a couple of minutes in another episode instead of taking up a full episode.


Yeah, there's more than enough major content from the LNs that they shouldn't need ANY original filler episodes.

Anyway, as was mentioned, 16 total, 12 televised and 4 web streaming episodes (which probably won't show up on crunchyroll like the true end of the first season, but google can solve that problem for free,) and the next episode will certainly dive seriously back into the main storyline of the LNs, covering at least chapter 1 of vol. 7 (of 12, the 12th being the last, which will be out in June.)

The anime and LN series are scheduled to end at the same time, so obviously there are going to be omissions from the anime and more detail in the LNs. Hopefully they're going to ditch the original filler episodes and cover the major story content from here on out. There are a lot of bases they need to cover, and fast, although I don't think it'll take more than 3 episodes to cover the entire Kuroneko affair. So, if they get their act together from here on out and properly prioritize content, they should be able to finish it well.
First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.