First  Prev  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  Next  Last
Post Reply Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Discussions
138183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

Renji_Tamaki wrote:

Flash News

If you're going to OTAKON this year, you're in luck! Because you have a chance to see the Finale before anyone else!


Source: Oreimo-anime | Premier Screening Event


Indeed! Also confirmed on ANN:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-06-29/otakon-to-host-oreimo-2-finale-premiere-with-creator-director
26785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 七十七 / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 6/29/13 , edited 6/29/13
Not the greatest way to end this TV season, but I can live with it. Also, I must say that Manami's treatment towards a young Kirino was quite unexpected for me. Prior to this (latest) ep, I never saw it coming. I can only imagine that she did it because she either really likes Kyousuke, or she's trying to stop Kirino from clinging on to him so much.

Also, did anyone else notice the System Requirements to play that Little Sister Maker game? It appeared like it required a Core i5 processor... that makes me think that it must have some really intensive gameplay scenes or something, lol. xP

Overall, I really did like this season. It had some good laughs for me and some enjoyable moments. So I'll be miss this series for sure, but will look forward to the upcoming OVAs.
CaelK 
14266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
Get the feeling the series could have benefited from 13 more episodes, some things felt pretty rushed. Now I feel like reading the light novels to figure out what I missed.

I haven't read a book in English in ages though, let alone one in Japanese...


Renji_Tamaki wrote:

Flash News

If you're going to OTAKON this year, you're in luck! Because you have a chance to see the Finale before anyone else!



The World Premier Screening Event will be taking place at “OTAKON,” one of America’s largest anime conventions held in Baltimore Maryland, a state on the eastern coast of the United States. “OTAKON” will also be welcoming Tsukasa Fushimi, the author of the original light-novel series, Hiroyuki Kambe, the director, and Kazuma Miki, the editor as special guests for this event. This is your chance to view these not-yet-aired episodes before all other fans of the world!


Source: Oreimo-anime | Premier Screening Event


Dang it, now I wanna go! I already have a few things I could get signed.
21776 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
Don't like this episode a bit. They make Manami looks like an evil person.
13512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Coventry, UK
Offline
Posted 6/29/13 , edited 6/29/13
I didn't mind this episode - I wasn't expecting it to be a finale anyway, per se, but a lead-in to the OVA finales.

Just like how The Name of the Doctor was the last episode of the series just gone, but is effectively nothing more than a lead-in to the actual finale in the form of the upcoming anniversary special.

But yeah, Manami was surprisingly cruel in this one. Beware the Nice Ones, I guess
runec 
16427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
Um,.....that should have been the FIRST episode of the entire show. Not the last.

Though its nice to see that Kirino was always a terrible, self absorbed person. ;p

76060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
isn't manami an evil person? like the novel and game she is the "bitch" right?
Posted 6/29/13
Just made these. Only open if you seen the episode
runec 
16427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
She doesn't really seem evil. Unless pointing out "Hey. maybe you shouldn't hump your brother" is considered evil somehow.

26785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 七十七 / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

Renji_Tamaki wrote:

Just made these. Only open if you seen the episode

Haha, yeah, it makes her look like the bad guy!

But the way I see it, there's not enough info in the anime series to fully understand why she did what she did. For all we know, she may have realized that Kirino has (at least to her) an unhealthy obsession with her brother, and she's trying (in her own way) to help her get over it. However, obviously, it seems to have only made things worse. xD Perhaps what Manami could have done is to try to find some other role models that Kirino could look up to or something.
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
That has surprising closure for what I was sure would be a cliffhanger.
13512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Coventry, UK
Offline
Posted 6/29/13 , edited 6/29/13

runec wrote:

She doesn't really seem evil. Unless pointing out "Hey. maybe you shouldn't hump your brother" is considered evil somehow.



Yeah, but I highly doubt that sex was what Kirino was thinking about at that stage. At that point, she was referring to more of a storge, familial love than sexual love. Unless Manami had a freakish ability to predict the ending to her own series
runec 
16427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/29/13 , edited 6/29/13

sjgriffiths wrote:


runec wrote:

She doesn't really seem evil. Unless pointing out "Hey. maybe you shouldn't hump your brother" is considered evil somehow.



Yeah, but I highly doubt that sex was what Kirino was thinking about at that stage. At that point, she was referring to more of a storge, familial love than sexual love.


The fact she immediately spiraled off into a life of onii-chan porn would seem to suggest otherwise. >.>
13512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Coventry, UK
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

runec wrote:

The fact she immediately spiraled off into a life of onii-chan porn would seem to suggest otherwise. >.>


Well, yeah, but that was years later, quite possibly as a result of being 'cut off' from her 'real' brother in the first place. In that case, it was Manami's actions - apparently to prevent any potential incest - that was, ironically, a factor in Kirino's subsequent involvement in potential incest.
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

runec wrote:


sjgriffiths wrote:


runec wrote:

She doesn't really seem evil. Unless pointing out "Hey. maybe you shouldn't hump your brother" is considered evil somehow.



Yeah, but I highly doubt that sex was what Kirino was thinking about at that stage. At that point, she was referring to more of a storge, familial love than sexual love.


The fact she immediately spiraled off into a life of onii-chan porn would seem to suggest otherwise. >.>


Manami says Kirino can't "love" her brother. She finds an entire sub genre of games where sisters love their brothers. The fact that sex is in them doesn't necessarily mean that is her one and only reason for loving them. I play visual novels from time to time and I generally skip sex scenes or go through them quickly because that simply is not the reason I'm reading said visual novel.
First  Prev  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.