First  Prev  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  Next  Last
Post Reply Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Discussions
28438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 8/21/13
The second season was okay... but the OVAs kinda ruined it for me... i was hoping for the Ayase Ending
26 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 8/22/13

hughjazz44 wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:

I"m sorry.....call me a prude or whatever, but I am seriously digusted by the ending.



Prude.

All the cool kids are down with incest. You know what they say: "Incest is best". Or perhaps the classic combination: "Wincest".

Of course, I'd never date my own sister, but then again, she doesn't look like Kirino.

...yeah, I'm going straight to Hell. XD


Incest is wincest. twincest is twin, win, and incest.
13460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Under fire
Offline
Posted 8/22/13 , edited 8/22/13
I promise all of you it really changes things to actually have a sister of similar age discrepancy.

My sister maintains the exact same age difference as K&K, as in, at one point I was the exact same age as Kyousuke while my sister matched Kirino's age. To more ends, she is normal human being and went through that bitchy teenager nonsense like every other girl, and she was way too well aware of her good looks, and only rarely and occasionally would she soften up when she wanted advice or my help for something. It's very easy for me to draw an almost identical comparison between my reality and this show.

I actually don't mind the incest ending, but the thought of me falling in love with my sister romantically makes me puke. On several levels. To any similar folks in my position, I can blatantly see how the ending would simply be disgusting. Anyone who's like "You can't put a limit on the power of love! What are you, brainwashed by society?!" needs to gtfo, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Personally, my biggest frustration is that they riddled every other potential girl with heart break, for some stupid idiotic fling with his sybling. Yes, it is stupid and idiotic at this point, because they didn't go all in. A waste of time, even. Do you think that coversation with Manami would have gone even close to the same if Kyousuke would have said "Oh, we're only doing this for two weeks so yeah...". She probably still wouldn't have agreed, but each of these rejections were done in such an all-or-nothing way, they very clearly depicted that he intended to carry out his love for Kirino. For christs sake he wanted to marry her. Marriage is supposed to be eternal, and then they went and broke that up on the double. Now they're dissing the hilarious pointlessness of marriage, as if the world doesn't stomp on that every day as it is!

It's like some big joke. A big "haha" pulled over everyone's eyes. It's pathetic and despite the fact the ending might have been un-wantingly forced on to the writers, their intention of sticking as close to the source material as possible is what messed this up. When they couldn't go with the K&K forever ending they should have thought of something more sensible, because when they couldn't, it invalidates and renders all the situations before it nonsensical. The ending of a series is so important, and it's mind boggling to me that when they were forced to change it, they didn't consider the implications of doing such thing, such as how it affects everything that has transpired before it.

Disappointing, really.
130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
65 / M
Offline
Posted 8/22/13
That rejection hurt me as much as her.
21492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 8/22/13

zipzo wrote:

I promise all of you it really changes things to actually have a sister of similar age discrepancy.

My sister maintains the exact same age difference as K&K, as in, at one point I was the exact same age as Kyousuke while my sister matched Kirino's age. To more ends, she is normal human being and went through that bitchy teenager nonsense like every other girl, and she was way too well aware of her good looks, and only rarely and occasionally would she soften up when she wanted advice or my help for something. It's very easy for me to draw an almost identical comparison between my reality and this show.

I actually don't mind the incest ending, but the thought of me falling in love with my sister romantically makes me puke. On several levels. To any similar folks in my position, I can blatantly see how the ending would simply be disgusting. Anyone who's like "You can't put a limit on the power of love! What are you, brainwashed by society?!" needs to gtfo, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Personally, my biggest frustration is that they riddled every other potential girl with heart break, for some stupid idiotic fling with his sybling. Yes, it is stupid and idiotic at this point, because they didn't go all in. A waste of time, even. Do you think that coversation with Manami would have gone even close to the same if Kyousuke would have said "Oh, we're only doing this for two weeks so yeah...". She probably still wouldn't have agreed, but each of these rejections were done in such an all-or-nothing way, they very clearly depicted that he intended to carry out his love for Kirino. For christs sake he wanted to marry her. Marriage is supposed to be eternal, and then they went and broke that up on the double. Now they're dissing the hilarious pointlessness of marriage, as if the world doesn't stomp on that every day as it is!

It's like some big joke. A big "haha" pulled over everyone's eyes. It's pathetic and despite the fact the ending might have been un-wantingly forced on to the writers, their intention of sticking as close to the source material as possible is what messed this up. When they couldn't go with the K&K forever ending they should have thought of something more sensible, because when they couldn't, it invalidates and renders all the situations before it nonsensical. The ending of a series is so important, and it's mind boggling to me that when they were forced to change it, they didn't consider the implications of doing such thing, such as how it affects everything that has transpired before it.

Disappointing, really.


The anime followed the light novel exactly(with some stuff cut out obviously) it wasn't the anime team that was forced to end it like that, it was the original light novel author. The anime could of had a different ending, but if it did it would be no more canon than the visual novel endings on the psp. So if you are fine with a non canon ending, I direct you to play those games. Pretty sure the 1st has english download patches.

The real issue here is that publishers are allowed to influence the works of their authors. That's what everyone really needs to be angry about.
13460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Under fire
Offline
Posted 8/22/13

hyjinx17 wrote:

The anime followed the light novel exactly(with some stuff cut out obviously) it wasn't the anime team that was forced to end it like that, it was the original light novel author. The anime could of had a different ending, but if it did it would be no more canon than the visual novel endings on the psp. So if you are fine with a non canon ending, I direct you to play those games. Pretty sure the 1st has english download patches.

The real issue here is that publishers are allowed to influence the works of their authors. That's what everyone really needs to be angry about.


It's irrelevant who forced who to change anything.

The point is that it had to be changed. At the point in which it needed to be changed, they should have had a discussion on how to modify or tweak some of the last few episodes to reflect the modified ending. The issue here is that they followed the source material to a "T" and then thought a different ending (like the one they used) would fit in like like the last piece of a puzzle but it didn't. It simply renders a lot of the events before it confusing and pointless.

They needed to either craft an ending that meshed better with the events that transpired before it, or modify some of the final episodes to reflect a better support for their new ending. They didn't do either, they tacked on their newly thought up ending and expected it to make perfect sense and it didn't.
22544 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 8/22/13

teenageriot wrote:

Not sure if this has been established of talked about before but I was just re-watching this episode earlier.


Not in the anime. It was the big climax of light novel volume 10



7607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 8/22/13

hughjazz44 wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:

I"m sorry.....call me a prude or whatever, but I am seriously digusted by the ending.



Prude.

All the cool kids are down with incest. You know what they say: "Incest is best". Or perhaps the classic combination: "Wincest".

Of course, I'd never date my own sister, but then again, she doesn't look like Kirino.

...yeah, I'm going straight to Hell. XD


21492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 8/22/13

zipzo wrote:


hyjinx17 wrote:

The anime followed the light novel exactly(with some stuff cut out obviously) it wasn't the anime team that was forced to end it like that, it was the original light novel author. The anime could of had a different ending, but if it did it would be no more canon than the visual novel endings on the psp. So if you are fine with a non canon ending, I direct you to play those games. Pretty sure the 1st has english download patches.

The real issue here is that publishers are allowed to influence the works of their authors. That's what everyone really needs to be angry about.


It's irrelevant who forced who to change anything.

The point is that it had to be changed. At the point in which it needed to be changed, they should have had a discussion on how to modify or tweak some of the last few episodes to reflect the modified ending. The issue here is that they followed the source material to a "T" and then thought a different ending (like the one they used) would fit in like like the last piece of a puzzle but it didn't. It simply renders a lot of the events before it confusing and pointless.

They needed to either craft an ending that meshed better with the events that transpired before it, or modify some of the final episodes to reflect a better support for their new ending. They didn't do either, they tacked on their newly thought up ending and expected it to make perfect sense and it didn't.


Again, the ending was exactly the same as the light novel, changing the anime is meaningless. As i said, want a non cannon ending play the PSP games. The Author has stated in several interviews that he intended since the beginning for Kirino and Kyouske to be together and even though the publisher wouldn't let him do it, he decided to take it as far down that route as they would let him go. The only important thing the anime changed was in the final scene. In the light novel Kirino forces Kyouske to buy her a new ring and in the most recent interview, he said that when writing it, he imagined the final kiss to be on the lips implying there were still feelings there.

The anime followed the light novel(as it should have) and the author did the best he could to maintain at least a semblance of his original vision despite the horrible position his publisher put him in. So again, the real issue is that the publisher was allowed to interfere in the author's vision.

Really wish things in Japan weren't structured like they are. Self publishing is becoming a big thing in the west and had the author been able to self publish Oreimo, this never would have happened.
13460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Under fire
Offline
Posted 8/22/13 , edited 8/22/13

hyjinx17 wrote:


No, the ending was not exactly the same. You're contradicting yourself. The very fact it was not exactly the same is why they needed to change more than just the ending.

They changed the ending. There is a huge notable difference in how the audience is left to receive the novel ending, and the ending the anime gave us. It promotes a far wider ambiguous-ness. I don't see how this is hard to understand.
21492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 8/22/13

zipzo wrote:


hyjinx17 wrote:


No, the ending was not exactly the same. You're contradicting yourself. The very fact it was not exactly the same is why they needed to change more than just the ending.

They changed the ending. There is a huge notable difference in how the audience is left to receive the novel ending, and the ending the anime gave us. It promotes a far wider ambiguous-ness. I don't see how this is hard to understand.


because the way you typed your previous posts implied that you thought all the scenes where he dumped the girls needed to be changed, You first said that you wished the other girls weren't riddled with heart break just for a fling with his sister and then you talk about how things should of been changed leading me to believe you meant pretty much all the major events in season 2(kuroneko and Ayase break up) Also saying it didn't matter who was forced to change things(the anime crew or the author) really threw me because the biggest changes were forced on the author and only the last scene was altered in the anime.

My original point still stands. Companies should never be allowed to impact an artist's vision. I just wish Japanese companies gave a damn about foreign complaints because I doubt the old Japanese Otaku stand by of death threats and burning merchandise is going to change anything.
38275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/22/13 , edited 8/22/13
Although Manami was my favorite, I think a Kuroneko ending would have felt most natural. Kanako (lol) felt the least natural, and out of the candidates I can take seriously, Kirino felt the most forced. If it's one thing I think most of us can agree on -- these OVA's were, at the very least, a bit uncomfortable to watch, and for some of you, painful. However... I liked it.

What Kirino and Kyousuke did was not all that different from a normal divorce. People thinking that it will always be a problem that they will always love each other have clearly not seen a serious relationship not work out. Love is not the only thing that goes into making a relationship, and many people break up and divorce while harboring feelings for a person for the rest of their lives. Yet, both parties can recognize that despite these feelings, marriage or even just maintaining a relationship is against their best interest. I suspect that for a good number of divorcees, it's also the case that they don't regret being married, even. It might have been something both parties needed, but it's no longer something they need or even want. Looking at it that way, I think the ending makes sense. Both of them came to understand their feelings, got what they wanted, realized that they would both be happier if they weren't together, and ended it accordingly. I have no problem with this -- people that love each other end their relationships all the time.

Now on to the hardest part of this argument. I can understand why so many people have a problem with Kyousuke shooting down all the other girls, and I can understand why you'd think that he did all of that "for nothing." However, I disagree. Remember that being there for someone, supporting them, and having their trust is not only for romantic partners. I don't think it makes any sense for Kyousuke to reject all the girls just because they are dating for a week. But I also don't think that's why he did it. Remember that he knows that the relationship is going to end in (I think) a week or so. Nonetheless, Kirino will be his sister for the rest of his life, and dating or not, Kyousuke is someone that Kirino can trust to support and care for her at all times -- it's a part of being such close siblings. With that in mind, I view the rejections not as a choice made by someone that's dating her, but as someone that cares for her, and values the trust he's built with her -- the fact that they will only be dating for a short time is irrelevant. Had he not done that, it may have undermined Kirino's implicit trust in him, and put a tear in their relationship as siblings. Plus I think it would have been out of character for Kyousuke.That makes sense to me, and I'm completely on board with it, even if it was painful to watch.

To understand this series, you can't think that the only thing that's important is his romantic partner. If that's the case, then I could see why you might think that he "wasted" his opportunities with the other girls for nothing. However, I am fairly well convinced that the point of this series was not to show you the beauty of romantic love, but love of a more platonic nature -- this was the point behind Kuroneko breaking up with Kyousuke (her relationship with Kirino was more important), the point behind the ending (their sibling relationship important), and the point behind practically the entire series (you think Kyousuke was helping all of the girls to get in their pants? The point is that he cared for them regardless). So, I'm not convinced the rejections were pointless -- in fact, it shows that the point was that romance is not as important as other factors, to which I am in agreement.

Edit: As for the incest -- I don't have an opinion. I don't have sister, so I can't comment on the issue.
64298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / South of sanity.
Online
Posted 8/22/13
My issue is that they decided to start a relationship based on feelings they grew up with. They've never had a chance to meet anyone else or do anything else to figure out if they even really do like each other.

Think back to when you were the kid's and all the things you took for granted and how that changed as you became an adult. Hell, at one point I had a crush on my cousin but it wasn't for several years until I realized that she's a terrible person. Imagine all of the baggage we'd have to deal with if we'd pursued that relationship. Kirino and Kyousuke have the same issues to a significant degree. Isn't she like 15 anyways? That makes it rapey as well.

Incest is inherently wrong because the power dynamic between 2 people can never be equal. An older sibling is going to carry more influence on a younger sibling than the other way around. The whole LOLOLOL Kyousuke is his sisters slave running joke is an attempt to dismantle this power dynamic, but ultimately it fails in my opinion. Kirino held these feelings ever since she was a young child, and was able to intensify those feelings with eroge and little sister themed anime. To me this indicates that she's never been free of his influence even if it was unintentional on his part. So what we have is an older brother who is now an adult and should know better entering into a relationship with his kid sister. Yuck. she also behaves as someone who is terribly damaged. The only time she's ever been on her own she shut down emotionally. Yes, part of this was due to pressure of training, but it also goes to show how incapable she is of having an even remotely healthy life away from her dysfunctional support system. That's not unlike the behavior of a rape victim, and I'm not suggesting that they had a sexual relationship at this point. Merely pointing at her dysfunction and its affect on her ability to live a normal life.

OK OK, Ignore all that RL baggage that I threw out because this is fiction. Kirino also has the worst relationship with Kyousuke out of all of the main girls. The only time they get a long is when that we see in the anime is when they're doing something related to her eroge hobby. She's never been able to help, or even offer to help him with anything. Even Soari is more reliable and she is hardly even in the show. Compare this to Manami where they spend lots of time together, joke with each other, seem to enjoy each others company, even talk about the future together. Kuroneko is another good example.

I know Kirino has lots of fans, but I could never figure out why. She is just fucking terrible. The incest is just insult to injury.
13460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Under fire
Offline
Posted 8/22/13 , edited 8/22/13
It is true that Kirino has never really even been a likable character. In the very last episode itself she plays an insufferable brat, right to Manami's face who never did anything wrong. This is the girl we're supposed to be happy Kyousuke got with? It's like the show flaunted it right in your face.

The public attraction to Kirino is purely a tween-minded kawaii otaku type attraction. Has nothing to do with what happens in the show, anything that she says or does. She's the stand-out character of the show. The icon. The representation. The first thing that pops in to your mind when you think of the word "Oreimo". One of the more uniquely designed aesthetically. They say her hair is brown constantly yet it's actually bright orange...if that doesn't prove that Kirino is meant to "stand out" I don't know what does ¬_¬...

If it were measured realistically, Kirino is probably the last person on anyones list that Kyousuke would likely end up with. Careful not to misinterpret this statement. There are plenty of people who are happy and all that the ending went the way it did, but there's a close to 99.99999% figure of certainty that if proposed this whole entire story in a real life situation, Kirino would not be the one anybody would pick for Kyousuke in the end.
9330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / アビス
Offline
Posted 8/22/13

zipzo wrote:

It is true that Kirino has never really even been a likable character. In the very last episode itself she plays an insufferable brat, right to Manami's face who never did anything wrong. This is the girl we're supposed to be happy Kyousuke got with? It's like the show flaunted it right in your face.

The public attraction to Kirino is purely a tween-minded kawaii otaku type attraction. Has nothing to do with what happens in the show, anything that she says or does. She's the stand-out character of the show. The icon. The representation. The first thing that pops in to your mind when you think of the word "Oreimo". One of the more uniquely designed aesthetically. They say her hair is brown constantly yet it's actually bright orange...if that doesn't prove that Kirino is meant to "stand out" I don't know what does ¬_¬...

If it were measured realistically, Kirino is probably the last person on anyones list that Kyousuke would likely end up with. Careful not to misinterpret this statement. There are plenty of people who are happy and all that the ending went the way it did, but there's a close to 99.99999% figure of certainty that if proposed this whole entire story in a real life situation, Kirino would not be the one anybody would pick for Kyousuke in the end.


real life =/= anime
First  Prev  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.